Looking for a 'sls' free shampoo....

sweetcocoa

Looking for a \'sls\' free shampoo....

I was thinging about trying Aubrey Organics. Has anyone tried their shampoos and if so, which ones do you like?
Thanks!

Re: Looking for a \'sls\' free shampoo....

I tried their J.A.Y. shampoo a couple of years back. I didn't care for it at all. The main thing it did was try to tangle my hair up. It may work much better for you since you're natural.

I like Aubrey's Island Butter shampoo.

Some other sulfate-free shampoos I like are Jason Sea Kelp (I don't think any of their products have sulfates...), Soft Sheen Breakthru (extremely mild), DPL Moisturizing Shampoo, African Formula Shea Butter Shampoo, QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo and the old Lanza Protein Plus in the light blue bottle.

@ Allandra:
The JAY tangled my hair up, too. Relaxed and natural! The label says it for dry hair, but I think it's for people with very fine, oily hair...

Sweetcocoa,

I don't use shampoo, but the JASON line of shampoos are organic and SLS free. They make some good ones like JASON Biotin, JASON Sea Kelp. They cost $4-$5 at Whole Foods or you can try your local health food store.

I use Abba Moisture Scentsation Shampoo as well as the conditoner and it's my favorite. It doesn't contain SLS... I don't think. I love how it smells and how it lathers up. It smells like peppermint and kind of tingles on your scalp.

Pure & Natural Hair Care®

Hydrotherapy for your hair. An invigorating peppermint aromatherapeutic shampoo, Moisture Scentsation™ Shampoo restores moisture balance as it gently cleanses dry, dehydrated tresses. Natural essence of yucca and geranium impart manageability and shine, while powerful humectants lock in moisture, eliminating frizzy, fly away hair.

Sold only in professional Salons.
100% Vegan Formula
No animal testing
DEA Free

Ingredients:
Aqueous Extracts of Yucca Glauca, Geranium (Maculatum), Evening Primrose (Oenothera Biennis), Comfrey (Symphytum Officinale), Nettle (Urtica Dioica), Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Lactamidopropyl Trimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Wheat Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Panthenol, Polyquaternium 10, Glycol Stearate, Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Hi Sweetcocoa,

I love Aubreys shampoos but some of them can be more drying than others. My favorites are

Jay
Blue Selenium
The Seabuck Egg shampoo that enchances curls
Island Butter.

I also forgot to mention my all time favorite that's not by Aubrey.

Earthly Delight and African Formula Curl Maintainence Shampoo

Thanks ladies.

Hairfanatic where do you get Earthly Delight and African Formula Curl Maintenance Shampoo?

and

Crystal where do you get the Abba moisture Scentsation Shampoo(sounds yummy)?

There's Avalon, they have chamomile, jojoba, and others you can find them at a health food store that carries natural soap etc... It has zero sls. I'm going to get some..next month got to wait out the May PJ challenge.
shocked.gif

hth

[ QUOTE ]
@ Allandra:
The JAY tangled my hair up, too. Relaxed and natural! The label says it for dry hair, but I think it's for people with very fine, oily hair...

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. BTW, my scalp is oily, but my hair isn't.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks ladies.

Crystal where do you get the Abba moisture Scentsation Shampoo(sounds yummy)?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very yummy. I like using the poo and the conditioner back to back, especially if I sit under the heat cap with the conditioner, my scalp feels so refreshed and alive.

But anyway, I order mine from the same place I get my Mizani http://www.vipsalononline.com/

But you can get if from other places like http://www.drugstore.com/ I don't think the sell it in the stores only at salons and I don't know which ones.

GL.

I love AO's J.A.Y. shampoo and their White Camellia and Jasmine shampoo. At first, it may make your hair feel hard, but after a few more tries, I love it. The only other shampoo I use is the sls and als free Creme of Nature.

Hi Sweetcocoa,

Maybe you can check out this website. They have some natural shampoo recipes that you can make yourself. I want to try either the rosemary or the stress-free shampoo. Their website is www.betterthanflowbee.com

[ QUOTE ]
Hairfanatic where do you get Earthly Delight and African Formula Curl Maintenance Shampoo?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the Earthly Delight at Whole Foods, a health food store. The Willner site use to carry it, I'm not sure if they still do.

Earthy Delight Tropical Rain Shampoo
Ingredients: Distilled water, sage, rosemary, nettles, wheatgerm soap, horsetails, essential oils of neroli, cinnamon & coconut

http://www.willner.com/

I order my curl maintainance shampoo from this site.

Organic Curl Maintenance Shampoo
Ingredients: Purified water, Wild Honey, African Soap Plant and Soapberry Fruits, Papaya, Yucca Root, Wild Gourd Fruits, Sea kelp, Pepper Grass, Juniper Leaves, Jaborandi and Horseradish, Oil of Nutmeg, Safflower Oil, African Shea butter, Virgin Oilive and West African Palm Butter, Soy Protein, Biotin, Soluble Collagen, Vitamins A, C, & E, extract of citrus seeds and vegetable fragrance

http://www.good-earth.com/african-formula-organic-curl-maintenance-shampoo.html

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Sweetcocoa,

Maybe you can check out this website. They have some natural shampoo recipes that you can make yourself. I want to try either the rosemary or the stress-free shampoo. Their website is www.betterthanflowbee.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the Earthly Delight at Whole Foods, a health food store. The Willner site use to carry it, I'm not sure if they still do.

Earthy Delight Tropical Rain Shampoo
Ingredients: Distilled water, sage, rosemary, nettles, wheatgerm soap, horsetails, essential oils of neroli, cinnamon & coconut

http://www.willner.com/

I order my curl maintainance shampoo from this site.

Organic Curl Maintenance Shampoo
Ingredients: Purified water, Wild Honey, African Soap Plant and Soapberry Fruits, Papaya, Yucca Root, Wild Gourd Fruits, Sea kelp, Pepper Grass, Juniper Leaves, Jaborandi and Horseradish, Oil of Nutmeg, Safflower Oil, African Shea butter, Virgin Oilive and West African Palm Butter, Soy Protein, Biotin, Soluble Collagen, Vitamins A, C, & E, extract of citrus seeds and vegetable fragrance

http://www.good-earth.com/african-formula-organic-curl-maintenance-shampoo.html

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks! I think I've seen the Earthly Delight at my local healthfood store.

[ QUOTE ]
I tried their J.A.Y. shampoo a couple of years back. I didn't care for it at all. The main thing it did was try to tangle my hair up. It may work much better for you since you're natural.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same experience with this shampoo.

I've been using Kemit Sava'ge Moyst No Soap Shampoo, no SLs or ALS listed and it made my hair feel soft and moisturised
smile.gif

By the way, I was on the lookout for an SLS/ALS-free shampoo today and found that Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo for dry/damaged hair doesn't list SLS. Here are the ingredients:

Water, Cocamphocarboxypropionate (???) Lauramide DEA, Polyquaternium-10, Glycol distearate, Citric acid, DMDM hydantoin, fragrance, FD&C Yellow no 5, FD&C Yellow no 6, FD&C Red no 40, FD&C Blue no 1.

[ QUOTE ]
Crystal,
Can ABBA be purchased online? Or only from a salon?

[/ QUOTE ]

I buy it on line. I personally have never seen it in the salons but I don't get to salons much. But you can get it online... two links to where you can get it are posted above. I recommend getting both the moisture scentsation shampoo and conditioner if you get them. GL

Back