Looking for a 4a/b transitioning buddy around 11 weeks post

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Hi ladies,

I am 11 weeks post today and i'm in search of anyone else who's transitioning, 4 a/b that would like to partner up and support one another. You don't have to be 11 weeks necesarily but the closer of course the better :)

Anyone??

ETA: Also, it would be nice if you are someone who is here on a regular basis

Last edited:
Hey! I am 4a/4b and transitioning, i am 22 weeks post and right now i am in micros. been in them for about 6 weeks now. The urge to relax has been really strong in the last 4weeks but i am hanging in there.

I'm 15 weeks post relaxer and I'm transitioning. I started a post on my "transistion plan" I hope all goes well. So far so good for me.

I am transitioning my teenaged daughter 4a/b neck length...she is currently in braids at 18 weeks post....I am thinking about transitioning - currently 7 weeks- but I will let you know as we go along...I will definitely need support for my daughter, along with hair style ideas as we make this journey!!! :grin:

Hey, I'm almost 14 weeks into my transition, and I could use the support! Last week I almost BCed :wallbash: Doesn't help when you have a crazy hubby who is tempting you with the scissors, lol!

Hey ladies :) Yay! We have a little support system. I'll add you all to my friends list.

I will be 12 weeks post on Sunday and so far so good. I cowash on a very regular basis, straighten once every maybe 4-6 weeks and otherwise, wear a wash n go, twist out or bun.

How's it going for you guys?

Well, I always go at least 16 weeks (unless there is a rare special event, but never before 12 weeks) so it is still early on for me...things are good. Last year I went for 37 weeks.

Still doing my weekly bdry/f iron. I am going to switch up, because I'm moving to FL next month (finally) and I know I'm going to have to do something different. So next weekend I'm going to try a rollerset...ugh! I do need some support on that one cuz I suck...LOL!

Glad to hear all is well with you!

Hey ladies :) Yay! We have a little support system. I'll add you all to my friends list.

I will be 12 weeks post on Sunday and so far so good. I cowash on a very regular basis, straighten once every maybe 4-6 weeks and otherwise, wear a wash n go, twist out or bun.

How's it going for you guys?

I am not doing good...my NG in the front is shorter than the back...the middle of my head from front to back have a softer texture than the ones on the side :nono: crazy right!!! I can barely get the comb through the side of my head especially the right side...anyways, everytime I wash my hair, big chunk of hair come out...and I don't know how to comb a hair like this!!!...I am use to going to the hair salon every weekend and during the week I would wrap my hair at night...but now I refuse to go to the hair salon cause I am doing this on my own and with the support of LHCF of COURSE!!

Last edited:
I am not doing good...my NG in the front is shorter than the back...the middle of my head from front to back have a softer texture than the ones on the side :nono: crazy right!!! I can barely get the comb through the side of my head especially the right side...anyways, everytime I wash my hair, big chunk of hair come out.

Why are you not able to comb, and actually HOW and WHEN are you combing your hair? Are you combing on dry hair, or hair loaded w/ conditioner? How often do you wash your hair?

Why are you not able to comb, and actually HOW and WHEN are you combing your hair? Are you combing on dry hair, or hair loaded w/ conditioner? How often do you wash your hair?

I was my hair every week, last night I tried the yogurt thing and let my hair air dry OMGosssssssshhhh!!! I kept putting olive oil to my hair with no help...I should've done a roller set then my hair would've have been more manageable. but it sucks...it makes me want to chop it all off.

I'm be 5 weeks post this Friday and I'm thinking of transitioning.

I'll be doing a BKT tomorrow to try to help with the manageability.

The longest I've ever gone is about 12 -14 weeks so hopefully I can do it with the help of you ladies!

I was my hair every week, last night I tried the yogurt thing and let my hair air dry OMGosssssssshhhh!!! I kept putting olive oil to my hair with no help...I should've done a roller set then my hair would've have been more manageable. but it sucks...it makes me want to chop it all off.

Maybe you need to ease up on the weekly washes if you are doing it with shampoo, and start kicking up your conditioner washes. Maybe start w/ 2 a week.

Also, a deep conditioner that i swear by is the pantene relaxed and natural hair mask. Give that a try and see how you like it. Put your plastic cap on, use heat for maybe 20 minutes and see if that helps.

I only comb my hair in the shower loaded with conditioner, never on dry hair, ever. have you tried this?

Maybe you need to ease up on the weekly washes if you are doing it with shampoo, and start kicking up your conditioner washes. Maybe start w/ 2 a week.

Also, a deep conditioner that i swear by is the pantene relaxed and natural hair mask. Give that a try and see how you like it. Put your plastic cap on, use heat for maybe 20 minutes and see if that helps.

I only comb my hair in the shower loaded with conditioner, never on dry hair, ever. have you tried this?

Yeap, I DC every week!! but I am going to give the Pantene a try...the problem is not when my hair is wet...is when its dry :lachen:

I am 10 weeks post and I am thinking about either transitioning to natural or either texlaxing. Its getting harder and harder (I think I am 4a with maybe a little 4b) so I am leaning more towards texlaxing, however for the summer I think I may try the BKT (I am researching it now) so I can hold off on getting a relaxer as long as I can. I am up in the air right now but I will check in with my progress.

Hi Im currently just about 10 weeks post and I am transitioning:grin:. I would love to be your buddy my natural hair is 4a/b im currently using a sew in as my protective style... How about u? what kind of protective styles do you have in mind for yourself?

It's been really difficult for me over the last few days. I have a very very strong urge to relax cos i don't like the way my hair looks even though i am still in micros.

I made 12 weeks post on Sunday. More or less no problems but i did deal with knots and tangles over the weekend :( I need to remember to not wash n go so much because this is causing them.

I will need to probably switch up my regimen to cowashing 1 week, wearing buns or wash n go's. Then the next week blowdrying my hair then wearing a stretched twistout after a really good detangling session.

But either way, still no urge to touch up my hair.

Hi Im currently just about 10 weeks post and I am transitioning:grin:. I would love to be your buddy my natural hair is 4a/b im currently using a sew in as my protective style... How about u? what kind of protective styles do you have in mind for yourself?

Hi Brit :)

Thanks for being my buddy! How long will you do the sew in route?

I don't do many protective styles, my typical regimen is to cowash a ton then wear a bun, wash n go or twistout :)

Hello - I am 20 weeks!

Hi! Hows your transition going?

Hi, I'm a couple of days over 20 weeks post :-)

My regimen is kinda simple (I think):

1. Cowash 3 times a week
2. DC on 2 of these days (1ce on Dry hair before cowashing)
3. I don't use heat (no point cos I work out Mon-Fri), I airdry in a ponytail, laying my hair down with a scarf for 30 mins. Then I take off scarf and let hair down to airdry completely.
4. Love braidouts... during the weekends.
5. Moisturisers - a. Moisturising spritz (Water, cheapie con, glycerin, evoo) b. Shea mix (shea butter, alo veragel, coconut oil, castor oil.

HHG :-)

P.S. I know I'm a type 4... a,b,c,d,e,f,g??? Don't know. My coil pic is my avatar and there are more pictures in my fotki: http://public.fotki.com/MummysGirl/transition-to-natural/transitioning/

Back