Looking for a 4a/b transitioning buddy around 11 weeks post

Hi Brit :)

Thanks for being my buddy! How long will you do the sew in route?

I don't do many protective styles, my typical regimen is to cowash a ton then wear a bun, wash n go or twistout :)

Hey im not sure how long I will be doing the sew in's Before I texlaxed in March I was in sew in's for about 9 months straight just get them re-done every 2 or 3 months... I plan to get my hair re-sewn in this weekend keep it for about a month or 2 then I will probably get it braided... For about two weeks b4 my current sew in I was doing twist outs like everyday but I was lazy and didnt do them over nightly:wallbash: lol which resulted in a mess in the morning :nono:

Hi ladies,

I am 11 weeks post today and i'm in search of anyone else who's transitioning, 4 a/b that would like to partner up and support one another. You don't have to be 11 weeks necesarily but the closer of course the better :)

Anyone??

ETA: Also, it would be nice if you are someone who is here on a regular basis

I am not transitioning, but I'll still be your buddy since you know that I know what you're going through. :)

Hi ladies, it is nice to see so many ladies just starting out transitioning to natural as well. This is my 2nd attemp, I started in June 08 but relaxed in Dec. I am currently 18 weeks into my transition and mostly wearing braids. Just got my hair redone into twist which I plan to keep for 2 maybe 3 weeks. I am all 4b, I think.

Hi, I'm a couple of days over 20 weeks post :-)

My regimen is kinda simple (I think):

1. Cowash 3 times a week
2. DC on 2 of these days (1ce on Dry hair before cowashing)
3. I don't use heat (no point cos I work out Mon-Fri), I airdry in a ponytail, laying my hair down with a scarf for 30 mins. Then I take off scarf and let hair down to airdry completely.
4. Love braidouts... during the weekends.
5. Moisturisers - a. Moisturising spritz (Water, cheapie con, glycerin, evoo) b. Shea mix (shea butter, alo veragel, coconut oil, castor oil.

HHG :-)

P.S. I know I'm a type 4... a,b,c,d,e,f,g??? Don't know. My coil pic is my avatar and there are more pictures in my fotki: http://public.fotki.com/MummysGirl/transition-to-natural/transitioning/

Looks like some beautiful 4a hair to me :)

:hiya:Hi

Can I join the buddy support? I know I need it a lot. This is my 2nd attempt of TRYING to go natural. I am currently 6 wks. I just started again. Im tired of relaxing my hair and I really want to go natural. However, one of my worries is that what can I do with my hair wants it becomes natural?
:perplexed

:hiya:Hi

Can I join the buddy support? I know I need it a lot. This is my 2nd attempt of TRYING to go natural. I am currently 6 wks. I just started again. Im tired of relaxing my hair and I really want to go natural. However, one of my worries is that what can I do with my hair wants it becomes natural?
:perplexed

Howdy :)

Your hair is beautiful!

You can do tons with your hair once you go natural, you'll just need to maybe use different products/techniques. You can do twist outs, braidouts, buns, wash n go's, blow outs, straightened, etc, etc, etc. The list is endless.

Bre, Texlax didn't work for you?

Yes, it's working Keen but truthfully i'm just ready for a change. I'm extremely fickle as some of you may know. I have come to learn that even with texlaxed hair I still have knots and tangles :( So, besides wearing my hair straight (which i do once every 4-6 weeks) what's the point?

Howdy :)

Your hair is beautiful!

You can do tons with your hair once you go natural, you'll just need to maybe use different products/techniques. You can do twist outs, braidouts, buns, wash n go's, blow outs, straightened, etc, etc, etc. The list is endless.

Thank you!! Well let the journey begin.:lachen:Cause I think it might be a bumpy road.

I think I'm 4a....so definitely count me in as a transitioning buddy. Everything's been going great so far. I'm almost 21 weeks post. How are things going lady?

I'm 15 weeks post..I have been transitioning with just a ponytail, nothing else, but this weekend I am getting braids for a few months then BCing!

hello! I am 4a/b transitioning I am 9 weeks post.. rocking a sew in.. I will be taking the sew in out in about 8 weeks and trim

I think I'm 4a....so definitely count me in as a transitioning buddy. Everything's been going great so far. I'm almost 21 weeks post. How are things going lady?

21 weeks is great! Any major snags?

Things are going well, but i'm only 12 week post so i didn't expect any issues at this point.
I'm 15 weeks post..I have been transitioning with just a ponytail, nothing else, but this weekend I am getting braids for a few months then BCing!

So you'll be bc'ing at around 24-30 weeks post? How much growth do you think you'll have at that point?

I tried, really I did but I gave in to the creamy (kiddy crack). :rolleyes:

I was 4872 hours aka 203 days aka 6 months & 21 days :yep:

Listen learned, I can do this again and will transition a few years into the future. Downfall is that I didn't want to BC and my schedule of work did not allow appropriate time to detangle when I DC'd and washed, etc. and I saw many setbacks. The stretch was easy since I was in braids for 2 months and buns or 1/2 wigs for 2 months (Crown & Glory technique).

Just wanted to let yall know that when the new growth was extreme and the 2 to 3 textures were fighting, I used Just for Me's Hair Milk Straigtening Mist (with soymilk and honey). The tangles melted away like butter. If I would of known this before prepping my hair for a touch up I would have NEVER semi relaxed it (not bone straight).:wallbash:

Keep going ladies!!!

Hey Everyone,

Just checking in. I have about an inch and a half work of new growth and I am kind of struggling. I think I am going to try the Just for Me Hair Milk that SweetlyBlessed recommended. I mostly wear my hair in braidouts and buns. I need to find a way to soften my new growth...it always seems dry and super thick. When I do wear it down its real puffy at the roots and I always feel like its turning into a small fro with straight ends. I think my texture is 4a but its still a major difference with my bone straight hair. I dont think I will BC because my hair is mid back length right now and I love the length. I am going to try to transition as long as I can and if I just can't make it I may texlax.

It's nice to have a support system...:yep: I will try to post some pics soon.

As of today I am 8 weeks post, to help me with my transitioning I got the kinky twist done last week. I will keep them in for two to three months.

I tried, really I did but I gave in to the creamy (kiddy crack). :rolleyes:

I was 4872 hours aka 203 days aka 6 months & 21 days :yep:

Listen learned, I can do this again and will transition a few years into the future. Downfall is that I didn't want to BC and my schedule of work did not allow appropriate time to detangle when I DC'd and washed, etc. and I saw many setbacks. The stretch was easy since I was in braids for 2 months and buns or 1/2 wigs for 2 months (Crown & Glory technique).

Just wanted to let yall know that when the new growth was extreme and the 2 to 3 textures were fighting, I used Just for Me's Hair Milk Straigtening Mist (with soymilk and honey). The tangles melted away like butter. If I would of known this before prepping my hair for a touch up I would have NEVER semi relaxed it (not bone straight).:wallbash:

Keep going ladies!!!

The urge is strong here too, I want to relax this mess so badly. I took out my micros yesterday and you will not believe how poofy my hair looks. Imagine coarse, dry and nappy new growth of 23 weeks on 4b hair
I think i am going to get braids on friday.
Tell me ladies is it too soon? after taking micros down yesterday.

21 weeks is great! Any major snags?

Things are going well, but i'm only 12 week post so i didn't expect any issues at this point.

So you'll be bc'ing at around 24-30 weeks post? How much growth do you think you'll have at that point?

I'm definitely enjoying it so far. No major snags except for shedding. This is something that I'll definitely have to get under control. I'll figure it out though. It's all about maintaining that balance, but I'll figure it out. I'm having fun so far though.

I'm abouuuttt 24 weeks post (last relaxer nov 12) and my hair is going through!!! Like, my scalp is sore constantly, I'm having major scalp issues overall and I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I have this weave in and before that I had braids. My hair has been covered since March aanndd I think I'm done.

I'm getting BKT.

Hey guys I'm 25 wks post! This is my third transition in the last 2 years! lol I ended my last 9 month transition in Nov 08 but I also decided that i would start my transition again and here I am 6 mos later! Hopefully since my hair is longer I can stick it out! So far my transition is going well! rollersets, buns, and braid/twist out will be my staples. Oh and I plan on transitioning for at least 2 yrs because I want to see how long I can grow my hair!( Ive never been passed SL) Good luck!

I can't believe that I am saying this: I am seriously thinking about transitioning. Ok I have said it :-). I'm just tried of over/under processing. I am 9 weeks today. I will be wearing buns and flat ironing. I love straight hair but my money and patients is running thin with relaxers.

Thanks for the updates ladies. I enjoy reading up on you guys :)

I will be 14 weeks post tomorrow and still so far so good. No problems at all. I can't wait to see how my new growth looks at 6 months, maybe I won't be smiling then :lol:

Last night i slapped on tons of Pantene R & N mask but my hair in a loose bun and slept with it. Yep, it's noon and i still have it in LOL. I'm going to take a shower and co wash in a few.

I'm definitely enjoying it so far. No major snags except for shedding. This is something that I'll definitely have to get under control. I'll figure it out though. It's all about maintaining that balance, but I'll figure it out. I'm having fun so far though.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair :)

I'm abouuuttt 24 weeks post (last relaxer nov 12) and my hair is going through!!! Like, my scalp is sore constantly, I'm having major scalp issues overall and I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I have this weave in and before that I had braids. My hair has been covered since March aanndd I think I'm done.

I'm getting BKT.
You are going to do the BKT?? When will you do that? Keep us posted and sorry about the sore scalp. I know how you feel :(

I am 15 weeks as of Sunday :grin:

Still so far so good. I'm thinking that since for the most part my hair was still highly textured (except in a few places where my texture was already loose/silky before texlaxing) my transition process SHOULD be fairly easy. Here's to hoping at least :lol:

Oooh good thread! I'm about 8 or 9 weeks post and doing well (so far!). I will definitely need a hair buddy in a few weeks though when my hair is full of new growth.

Back