Looking for a 4a/b transitioning buddy around 11 weeks post

Congrats to those who are still transitioning.

I think i"m going to texlax again soon. I wear my hair straight frequently and the tangles are getting to me. I had about 5 dreads a few washes ago...I thought I was gonna die. It took hours to get them out.

I do plan on trying again after I enjoy my WL relaxed hair for a while.

Good luck all!

24 weeks post here :-) Still doing well, cowashing is still my hair's saviour.

Well done, keep up the good work. Time's flying, before we know it, we'll be ready to BC.... yay, I can't wait.

I'm really trying to hold out till at least a year.
16 week mark! My new growth is getting ROUGH!!!! Yikes :lol: I feel a nappy militant battle forming....

24 weeks post here :-) Still doing well, cowashing is still my hair's saviour.

Well done, keep up the good work. Time's flying, before we know it, we'll be ready to BC.... yay, I can't wait.

I'm really trying to hold out till at least a year.

24 weeks? Go head now :)

Will you be bc? i think i'm just going to trim as I go. I am not cute with a twa :lachen: :nono:

I don't think I'll be cute with a twa although a few friends have said otherwise - they think it'll bring out my features. I'm not too sure about all that, I have a bigger than usual head :lachen:.
I've set my initial target to one year, if I get there and feel I can go longer, i definitely will. 18 months will be perfect.

24 weeks? Go head now :)

Will you be bc? i think i'm just going to trim as I go. I am not cute with a twa :lachen: :nono:

I am 23 weeks post and haven't had any problems yet. I think my hair is getting used to my new regimen because the shedding has decreased to almost none. And my hair is very soft. I am surprised because a few weeks ago it was rough and I hated combing it. But since last week it has gotten very soft. I haven't done anything different I think my hair has adjusted to all the washing and conditioning I have been doing to it. I just hope it stays this soft and manageable.

Hi! Can I join in? I am almost 18 weeks post, if we count calendar weeks or 4 months and some odd days post!! Currently have my own hair cornrowed. I plan on washing almost daily, DC at least 2 times per week, doing cassia 1/month and clarifying biweekly or monthly!

I'm 18 weeks post. I always wear my hair up anyway, so it's not unusual for me. I'm a big fan of cowashing and leave-in's. I didn't think I was going to transition but I think the relaxer I've been getting is too much for my hair and if it's not going to be straight then it might as well be natural:giveup: I think I'm going to make some nice headbands to go with some outfits.

:newbie:

I ended my 15 week stretch yesterday and texlaxed. But I am going to continue to transition to all texlax hair instead of natural (it was just too hard for me). I will slowly trim my ends so I can have full thick texlax hair. I hope to stretch a little longer this time around.

One lesson I learned during my stretch is that for my 4a/b type hair I cannot just not comb/detangle in the latter weeks. I was only detangling on wash days and sometimes I would go a week before the next wash and my hair got matted. Also I need to do a better job with detangling before washing. It took me a long time to remove matted and knotted hair after my texlax process but I am thankful I did not lose much hair. My denman brush and my Mane N Tail Detangler was a life saver for me.

I still have not used heat (except for deep conditions) in over a year and don't plan to for awhile.

Update pics in siggy and fotki

Last edited:
Well ladies it looks like I'll be joining you. I've officially decided to transition, right now I'm only like a few weeks post. Tommorrow I'll be getting braids which I will leave in for the next 10 weeks.

I am 19 weeks post today and i'm going through it :( Last week I had to cut out a knot and a few days ago I had to do it again. Tonight i'm going through my hair and I can tell it is so easy for it to tangle and knot up. I'm not sure whats going on here......I'm getting nervous.

Wow, I will be 1/2 a year post in just a few weeks :)

Wow! you ladies are going strong.I too am transitioning,and i need all the help i can get.
I am just tired of relaxed hair and i miss my natural:yep:!

I plan on wearing braids for however long,and i don't know when i will bc.I do co-wash and dc with my singles in,because i don't want this natural hair to just sit there and get dry and be a problem for me when i am ready to deal with it all.
How are you guys doing?

I think I'm 4B but am very unsure as my hair starts to grow out more. I am 16 weeks post. I'm wearing wigs and have my hair braided under. I plan on keeping these braids for about a month or two.

Back