Look At This Hair Dryer. My Heart's Fluttering!

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
This is like my dream come true! I was just saying that someone needs to revamp the handheld blow dryer. I can never paddle brush at the same time as I dry so my blowout always comes out janky. I ran out to walmart and picked it up. I haven't used it yet (because I just got back!)

If anyone else owns it, please let us know how well it works. I'm going to use it this weekend when I wash and report back. My goal is not to get it bone straight but to just stretch my hair.

What I can say so far is that it is huge, but it's not heavy. And it has high, low, and cool. It gets quite hot. I love that it has a cool switch and not just a cool shot button that you have to continuously depress.

eta...The names Revlon and Helen of Troy are printed on it. I guess Revlon owns them or vice versa.
Revlon RVDR5212N1
""

It looks intriguing, but I'm concerned about how it would glide through more textured hair. Perhaps if it had less bristles.
Lol that's funny because in some reviews they were saying they wish it had more bristles, but I suspect they were more of the straighter/whiter persuasion!

I plan to work in 1/8 sections and see how that goes. I have kinky/curly hair.

12226908_10207358507834342_94243617_n.jpg

12246968_997491986960522_3671329962875428262_n.jpg

I want to buy this for emergency hair days (I will not be using the brush attachment):

71Y-613y-LL._SX522_.jpg

And a standing dryer for Christmas. I cannot remember when last I used my tabletop. My hair is too long for it now so it takes forever to dry. My new regimen is to detangle while wet, air dry and set with flexi-rods on air dried hair.

I like the idea of a straightening brush as an alternative to blow drying. I'm
really thinking of trying one, but would like to see results on type 4 hair first.

Precisely. If it works on type 4 hair, then im sold.

I wonder how it works on shorter hair?? My sister is growing out a pixie cut and is just not about that hair care life. This could help a lot

I finally washed and used the brush (paddle brush blow dryer). As you can see I have type 4 hair. I dried my hair from wet like Anthony Dickey does and used Mizani Thermasmooth Smooth Guard. It was very easy to use the brush, but the upper part of the handle does get hot. I'll likely buy some thermal gloves. The cool setting was really nice. My ends came out better than I've ever been able to get them. I had to make myself stop using it because it just felt so nice! It didn't snag or pull. If anything, I wish the bristles were a little bit stiffer.

No pics yet on my FHI Stylus yet, but I l-o-v-e that thing too!

View media item 128539View media item 128537View media item 128535View media item 128533

Last edited:
@HappyAtLast do you like the FHI Stylus better than the Revlon/Helen of Troy brush? I've been eyeing it.
By the Revlon/Helen of Troy brush, are you referring to the hair dryer in my original post? If so, that is a hair dryer (a blow dryer built into a paddle brush to be used on wet hair), but the FHI Stylus is a hair straighter to be used on dry hair (a thermal brush to replace your flat iron.) So they are not the same type of tool. I think some confusion is that someone posted in this thread a thermal brush when this thread is about a hair dryer. Two different things.

But I am very pleased with both my new hair dryer (Revlon/Helen of Troy brush) and my new hair straightener (FHI Stylus).

By the Revlon/Helen of Troy brush, are you referring to the hair dryer in my original post? If so, that is a hair dryer (a blow dryer built into a paddle brush to be used on wet hair), but the FHI Stylus is a hair straighter to be used on dry hair (a thermal brush to replace your flat iron.) So they are not the same type of tool. I think some confusion is that someone posted in this thread a thermal brush when this thread is about a hair dryer. Two different things.

But I am very pleased with both my new hair dryer (Revlon/Helen of Troy brush) and my new hair straightener (FHI Stylus).

Oh... Thanks for the clarification!

I want to buy this for emergency hair days (I will not be using the brush attachment):

71Y-613y-LL._SX522_.jpg

And a standing dryer for Christmas. I cannot remember when last I used my tabletop. My hair is too long for it now so it takes forever to dry. My new regimen is to detangle while wet, air dry and set with flexi-rods on air dried hair.

I have this blow dryer and I love it. I use the attachment that's on the dryer in the picture. I use the brush for my edges, if necessary.

Yes! I'm actually getting it this month. I'm waiting for pay day because I really don't want to go off budget. Thanks for the review.
I have this blow dryer and I love it. I use the attachment that's on the dryer in the picture. I use the brush for my edges, if necessary.

@HappyAtLast please post your results and pix from the FHI Stylus.
@MileHighDiva
I did a twistout last night. After I blow dried my hair, I applied Neutrogena Triple Moisture to use with the FHI Stylus. I did it on sections about 2" wide, 1" thick on 400 degrees. The directions say to pass it on the top side and then pass it on the bottom side of the hair section, so that's what I did, one pass on each side. I am very happy with the results. My hair came out smooth and light which is exactly what I've been looking for. I would describe it as a soft press (rather than a hard press I've done before with my flat iron on 415 for 2 passes.)

I'm also very impressed with my edges because they are the coarsest and kinkiest part of my hair and they came out very smooth. For my twistout, I applied pure macadamia oil and put in about 8 twists wrapped around 2 flexi rods.

View media item 128547View media item 128545View media item 128543View media item 128541

Last edited:
Back