Longhairdontcare2011's hair when it's wet

I watched this earlier, it really gave me confirmation that heat ain't all that bad when used in moderation. I liked the message at the end the most b/c its rediculous how we can sell ourselves so short and give credit to other races for being the reason we're able to retain the length of our hair.

Great video. When my hair grows up I want it to be like hers. It's true about heat used in moderation. I've been using heat for most of the last two years and my hair is fine.

My hair likes a tiny BIT of heat.
I straighten about 1-2 times a year..not much, but it works for me :)

Love her hair and her personality!

When I reach BSB or MBL, I will incorporate monthly heat during the colder months. I want big poofy braidouts that hang!

I love her hair. I recently had to start using heat because my hair takes way too long to air dry now. At first I was worried about my texture changing, but really I can't wear my natural texture anyway. Any style I wear has to be stretched, so my texture really doesn't matter. All I worry about now is making sure I'm not causing split ends or ssks. I try to limit my heat use to once a month.

Sent from my HTC Evo

I can't believe people think her hair is fake. Some people can't stop hatin' long enough to appreciate, this Sista is awesome she could have kept her hair story to herself.
Thanks LHDC2011!!!!! You are my hair mentor!!!!!!!

She is living proof that blow drying and pressing hair once or twice a month won't doom you to the Kat Williams Syndrome.

... At first I was worried about my texture changing, but really I can't wear my natural texture anyway. Any style I wear has to be stretched, so my texture really doesn't matter. All I worry about now is making sure I'm not causing split ends or ssks. I try to limit my heat use to once a month.

Sent from my HTC Evo

ITA. As my hair grows, this is my line of thinking...

LoL sipp100

I love her hair as well as her personality. Her length is my goal. I think that length provides even more versatility with styling. *sigh* I can't wait for my hair to grow up. Lol.

I am happy I saw this yesterday. I will be following her method to do my buns, but I won't be blow drying my hair. I will use my Instyler and roller set it to coax my hair strait enough to bun on air dried hair. Her hair looks so healthy and thick!:yep:

Wow! She has a lot of hair! I can't belieeeve people question her about showing it wet, wondering if it's fake, etc... goodness. Anyway it's very pretty and I am glad she shows that your hair won't be ruined if you use heat the right way.

I love her hair!

People need to realize that what one person can do, not everyone can and vice versa. I know for my hair regular heat would damage it. Been there done that - for me. I am curious what temp she uses on her flat iron. I did a test piece at 280 degrees a few weeks ago on my hair and it was pretty straight.

I saw this earlier.

Domin is my heat styling guru.

Still planning on using heat.

I love her hair, personality, and YT channel. :yep: I'm wanting to use heat. Why? Even when I was a relaxed woman my fine hair benefited from occasional heat. For me, I plan on using medium heat and blow drying until 80-90% dry. You definitely have to UP your DCing game.

She's so adorable and I love her hair. I agree with her about the heat thing. If it works for you then that's all that matters. Personally, small dosages of heat for me has practically abolished the ssks and my hair detangles so easily.

She has amazing hair. I've been practicing 24/7 protective styling. But I have in the past done exactly what she'd doing and had no problems (except I blow dry after letting it air dry partially, but I use the same type of blow dryer and heat attachment comb that you can buy at any walgreens).

I think she uses heat VERY well... I felt like I have to go down the same route whenever I watch her videos but, trying not to be too tempted!

She's so adorable and I love her hair. I agree with her about the heat thing. If it works for you then that's all that matters. Personally, small dosages of heat for me has practically abolished the ssks and my hair detangles so easily.

Is it because your hair is not tangleing up so much?

Sent from my ADR6350 using ADR6350

Great video! I love how thick her hair is in spite the frequent use of heat. She really is a wonderful example that you can have long, health hair with safe heat practices.

Back