Long haired naturals-wash n gos?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
When you hair gets longer, are wash n gos harder than on short hair? What methods do you use to get your desired look? I have a friend who has SL natural 3b curls. I have no clue on what products to recommend because I never had long natural hair. Please help me help her.

It's not that difficult to me. Key is making sure to moisturize and add some gel while it's wet (I'm in to Kinky Curly right now). I dry it in a bun which takes many moons to dry but works pretty well!

the longer my hair gets the more difficult my wng's have become but let me tell u hard times r over! i found my miracle product! its the sunsilk hydra tlc 24/7 leave in creme its in the pink.... it is so great i'm really in love! i used to use gels and mousse but now it's all i use with waaaay better curl definition and no risk of the crunchiness... and less shrinkage! u should suggest this product 2 ur friend... here' what i do:

• separate in 4 braids
  • wash and/or cowash while in the braids
  • one by one take down each braid rake through conditioner the rebraid
  • do a quick rinse under the shower head (so as not to rinse condish completely out)
  • ring out each braid
  • get out of shower, dry off, get dressed,etc
  • one by one take down each braid and rake sunsilk hydra tlc stuff through (about a nickel sized amount per section)
  • may have to denman her and there but this is usually it! just airdry & dont touch!
i also found that its really easy to achieve 2nd day hair by braiding the hair very loosely (dont brush or comb b4 braiding just grab pieces at random u dont even need to pull tightly) & very loosely cross wrapping (see my fotki 4 a pic of cross wrapped baids) and sleeping on a satin pillowcase!

i hope this helps!

Thank you for all your replies! It is kinda sad because I'm living long natural hair through her, but as long as she let's me I'm going to do it because I'm learning how to handle long natural hair.:lachen: I'll get there in about a year or so.:rolleyes:

moisture moisture moisture, that is the ultimate key to a good wng
i use a deep conditioner everytime i wash my hair (every 2 to 3 days)
so that it stays moisturized
then i apply a leave-in moisturizer (KC Knot Today)
and diffuse on cool

moisture moisture moisture, that is the ultimate key to a good wng
i use a deep conditioner everytime i wash my hair (every 2 to 3 days)
so that it stays moisturized
then i apply a leave-in moisturizer (KC Knot Today)
and diffuse on cool

My nosy behind is all up and in your fotki. i have to say i love the natural shine of your hair. is what you said the cause of that? any extra secrets?

the longer my hair gets the more difficult my wng's have become but let me tell u hard times r over! i found my miracle product! its the sunsilk hydra tlc 24/7 leave in creme its in the pink.... it is so great i'm really in love! i used to use gels and mousse but now it's all i use with waaaay better curl definition and no risk of the crunchiness... and less shrinkage! u should suggest this product 2 ur friend... here' what i do:

I went out and bought the product this morning due to your posts and reading the wonderful reviews on the internet about it. I seriously had to try it and boy am I glad I did! :-D

It's just like you said - beautiful definition without crunch. I usually like more hold, but I can deal with this for the moment. It also allows me "movement".

Thanks for recommending it. Thumbs up!

Back