Long hair=more haters, how can you tell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegaLady

I don't have long hair, by any means:lachen:, and I am fine with that. I have never been jealous of a woman who had had longer hair than me, with the exception of my mother.:look: But, because I have not been in those shoes, and to be prepared, I wanted to really know if longer hair brings more haters, and how can a person tell?

I don't have long hair, by any means:lachen:, and I am fine with that. I have never been jealous of a woman who had had longer hair than me, with the exception of my mother.:look: But, because I have not been in those shoes, and to be prepared, I wanted to really know if longer hair brings more haters, and how can a person tell?

on the hair boards YES! not so much in real life tho!

Why concern yourself with haters? Just do you! You aren't going to do anything differently if there are haters, so why even make them a consideration?

Well, I don't have long hair anymore, but when I did, I would encounter a lot of jealousy. I usually wore it up in a bun, but on the rare occasions I wore it down, I'd get comments like "You got all that hair and don't know what to do with it" and just little mean comments, people complimenting you and then whispering behind your back in the same breath.

I dont think most people are like that, but they are definitly out there.

Not really... or maybe but I don't even feed into it. Somebody at church had a nerve to tell me that my hair would look better if I let it out of the bun and even went on to suggest some (high-heat-required) styles and told me what products she uses, etc... But the thing is, this chick obviously knew nothing about protective styling and LHCF... and her hair was broken off, dry and short. (I had a good little laugh to myself as I "mmhmmm, ummmhmmm'd and is that right? You don't say'd her!) Consider the source is all I have to say.

:look::perplexed Is this a joke thread or something?

If you are serious, I will say this:

You should not worry about whether people are hating on you or not. Forget hair, you can have people be jealous of you from so many other things. Paying too much attention to what others thinks is really not cool.

Besides, in my opinion, only certain kinds of people "hate" on others for silly little reasons like hair, looks, wealth, etc. People that really don't mean anything to me or my lifestyle so they get NO thoughts.

When you have a good life and are proud of yourself, why the heck would you even notice "haters"? Why would you even WANT to notice haters.

I don't hate. I admire ladies that can keep their hair long and healthy. I really don't find hating on the hair boards either. Ladies here seem very encouraging. Sometimes people even start threads about how wonderful peoples hair is. But in reality you will always have people hate. Thats when you know your doing your job when you have haters.:grin:

:look::perplexed Is this a joke thread or something?

If you are serious, I will say this:

You should not worry about whether people are hating on you or not. Forget hair, you can have people be jealous of you from so many other things. Paying too much attention to what others thinks is really not cool.

Besides, in my opinion, only certain kinds of people "hate" on others for silly little reasons like hair, looks, wealth, etc. People that really don't mean anything to me or my lifestyle so they get NO thoughts.

When you have a good life and are proud of yourself, why the heck would you even notice "haters"? Why would you even WANT to notice haters.

exactly...

IMO, acknowledging "your haters" is just the same as standing up & seeking praise... either way you are reveling in the attention

exactly...

IMO, acknowledging "your haters" is just the same as standing up & seeking praise... either way you are reveling in the attention
There are some extreme examples...I know my aunt used to put her feet on a girls shoulders with long hair and pull out the girl's hair from the root. Have some compassion, some people may be sensitve to these things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get confused about what constitutes hating. I would also like to know... How can a person tell?
Many of the long haired ladies in my life meet more admiration and accolades due to having long lovely hair. I don't hear or see very many receiving hate or contempt.

What do people view as hate? This confuses me.:ohwell:
I have a cousin with gorgeous hair. it is about APL (Most people consider it long) People are always staring at her and she gets paranoid when they stare. I have to remind her that they are not staring to be mean or rude, they are staring at your hair. I've actually confirmed this a few times by politely striking up a conversation with a few of the staring offenders.

And time after time they are staring because they like her hair or sometimes because they think its real but aren't sure or because they'd like to come ask her something about her hair but don't want to seem coo-coo or stalkerish!

I mean...if someone is giving you a dirty look or if they actually say something derogatory... That is blatant HATE... but otherwise. C'mon, gimme a break.

Last edited:
Who cares in real life or on this board! People can hate on you b/c you have short hair too!:perplexed Life is life and I do not care what others think or say about my hair or anything else.

My motto is either bring it or sing it!:grin::lachen:

There are some extreme examples...I know my aunt used to put her feet on a girls shoulders with long hair and pull out the girl's head from the root. Have some compassion, some people may be sensitve to these things.

Did your aunt ever get beat up?:perplexed:nono::ohwell:

It depends on what area you are in, if you are in an area that is more competitive among women for men then yes( like Atlanta, GA) because it can give you an edge( men seem to find long hair feminine). however if women compete in other ways such as on the job, or compete in college over grades..then not as much. Just don't irritate the situation by showing off. You can tell because people will say things about your hair...like they used to do to me. They also pick on certain people that have long hair..not everyone..mainly the shy people, so if a person is popular then it is ok from them to have long hair.

I get confused about what constitutes hating. I would also like to know... How can a person tell?
Many of the long haired ladies in my life meet more admiration and accolades due to having long lovely hair. I don't hear or see very many receiving hate or contempt.

What do people view as hate? This confuses me.:ohwell:
I have a cousin with gorgeous hair. it is about APL (Most people consider it long) People are always staring at her and she gets paranoid when they stare. I have to remind her that they are not staring to be mean or rude, they are staring at your hair. I've actually confirmed this a few times by politely striking up a conversation with a few of the staring offenders.

And time after time they are staring because they like her hair or sometimes because they think its real but aren't sure or because they'd like to come ask her something about her hair but don't want to seem coo-coo or stalkerish!

I mean...if someone is giving you a dirty look or if they actually say something derogatory... That is blatant HATE... but otherwise. C'mon, gimme a break.

Can I say something! Mook your hair is so pretty!:yep::yep: Love and dig your siggy=)!WOW!

exactly...

I've also spent my whole life, believing in that lie. I used to think if left people alone and didn't acknowledge how I was being treated, ignore it, then the "haters"( I hate this word) would go away..it didn't work. if the OP is having concerns about this, then we should be able to talk about it.

I'd get comments like "You got all that hair and don't know what to do with it" and just little mean comments

So true--I get these comments all the time because I don't wear it in a defined "style" or cut, color it, etc. What can I say, I like my daily pony tail. I don't know why they're so worried about it. Oh well :-).

I've also spent my whole life, believing in that lie. I used to think if left people alone and didn't acknowledge how I was being treated, ignore it, then the "haters"( I hate this word) would go away..it didn't work. if the OP is having concerns about this, then we should be able to talk about it.

I think the word "hater" is overused and abused more than bleached blonde hair
that said, unless I misread the OP, SHE didnt have a personal problem with it but was acknowledging something she noticed...

Whatever the case, all of these types of threads are distracting especially when on the main hair care forum... ( not to mention they serve a self-serving purpose to some)

I would have less of an issue with it if it were discussed on the OT forum

I think the word "hater" is overused and abused more than bleached blonde hair
that said, unless I misread the OP, SHE didnt have a personal problem with it but was acknowledging something she noticed...

Whatever the case, all of these types of threads are distracting especially when on the main hair care forum... ( not to mention they serve a self-serving purpose to some)

I would have less of an issue with it if it were discussed on the OT forum

:rofl3: :lachen:

no actually I'm not thank you! keep exposing yourself though:lachen:

unintentionally exposing your relentless need for attention & drama is more like it... dont worry, this thread will be closed shortly and you can cry woe is me in yet another one shortly thereafter

Is there a reason why you are continually quoting MY posts?? as ALLANDRA SUGESTED, You should take your PERSONAL ISSUES TO PMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back