Long hair mesh rollerset

albane said:
As promised I paid a visit to mum's salon yesterday in order to add some pics to my mesh roller album
Guess what, there were 2 nice french girls who had come for a rollerset on the recommendation of a friend originating from Madagascar as I do. These grils had long hair but somewhat unmanaged My mother was delighted as this is not very frequent to see french girls today asking for a rollerset She took a lot of time to condition properly their hair and put them in the big blue rollers I just showed when they were under the dryer. It was their first experience and initially they were feeling at pain, but ofrtunately they took the stance to joke about their behaviour. I did not stay, but my mother told me the girls were extremly happy withb the endresult and promised to come back soon and to recommend the salon to their friends
Initially the girls were not very happy with the idea for making pics of them under their rollers, but when I explained the purpose for the LHCF they were Ok (I explained what the LHCF means). I will post some pics in the middle of the week to the Fotki album.
It was so nice of you to explain the LHCF to them, as it was nice of them to let you take the pics.

Thanks for posting the pictures, Albane. The girls really do look uncomfortable though, so glad they felt the results were worth it.

Allandra said:
I purchased some mesh rollers last week. I hope to get around to trying them out soon.
Where did you buy your rollers from Allandra? My mom has these old school mesh rollers and they're great BUT they are too small...

Faith said:
Where did you buy your rollers from Allandra? My mom has these old school mesh rollers and they're great BUT they are too small...
I purchased some from Sally Beauty Supply and a local Asian beauty supply store.

wow, it's BEAUTIFUL!!

when i get a retouch in December i'm going to buy some mesh rollers. I haven't rollersetted my hair in months... this reminds me of the nice results. from my touch up in dec 05 and throughout 2006, i will do more rollersets (with mesh rollers) and HOPE they come out like this... wow i can picture it now... this is AWESOME inspiration... :)

Okay, so is there a benefit to using mesh over magnetic? If so, I must get them. I can imagine that it migt dry faster because more air can circulate around the roller. Faster drying time is a DEFINITE benefit. Albane's hair is beautiful though. One day... :)

Albane,

I looked earlier in the thread and was able to come to the website. Can you tell me how many roller come in the packet? I need to know how many to buy.
Thank you!

Aileen

Last edited:
Sweet_as_jalebi said:
Wow! That is a gorgeous rollerset. I wish I had the skills. :(
My hair tends to look like a huge hot mess when I attempt a rollerset.

OT: I wanted to make a comment in your album....your hair is so pretty! And looong too!

Your rollerset came out beautiful and your hair is georgeous. I love your natural hair also. It kinda reminds me of my own but yours is the length I would like to have while wearing natural. How long are you under the dryer for the set? I hate sitting under the dryer with a passion!

aileenadq said:
I could not order from the website. Will be sticking to my smaller mesh rollers for now.

when i tried placing an order and went to checkout it said i needed an order of 75 dollars or more.YEAH RIGHT,i dont have money to waste. i wonder if theres anywhere else they can be purchased online.

I am sorry that the mgc website does not allow you to order the meshrollers.
I have not found another french merchant site where this type of rollers may be ordered. Maybe they have trouble for shiment abroad. I was my self experiencing a lot of troubles when I was willing to order the Phat Boys rollers from Metrobeauty. After 6 months without any answer, I made an exchange with one forum participants. I purchased in Paris and shipped to her in the US the mesh rollers, while she did the reverse with the Phat Boys. Guess what, a few days after I had received the shipment from her, I received from metrobeauty more than 6 months after the initial order. But overall it was beneficial as my initial ordre was unsufficient !!

Coming back to mgc, I will visit them and ask what is wrong with abroad delivery. However this will not be possible in the short term as I am currently in Madagascar.

Back