Long hair mesh rollerset

Ohhhhhhhh la la!!! Your hair is soooo beautiful! I think my rollers are too big b/c I never have a nice full curl on the ends, it's just bent. :ohwell:

Thanks to all for the nice comments. I have not yet found back the pictures I was thinking of to illustrate the excat position of the pins through the rollers, but I promise I will do this week. In the worst case, I will go to mother's salon and take a picture on a customer set and post it in the mesh roller album at
http://public.fotki.com/albane/

Your hair is sooooo beautiful and so are you. Your hair looks great. If I start back roller setting my hair, I just may have to try those. I bet they dry much quicker. Someone else has been raving about mesh rollers, but I don't remember who. I think it was Zuppy!

Thanks ladies for letting us know that mesh rollers are "A-Okay". ;)

Beautiful hair!! :)

Those mesh rollers don't look like the ones we have here in the U.S...:ohwell: The mesh that covers the rollers we have here is plastic-y & "holey"... hence the need for end papers... your rollers look like they have some kind of sheer material covering the springs... :scratchch

I would love to get my hands on some of those "French rollers"... :grin: They look like they're a lot easier to handle than the magnetic rollers... :)

Love your rollerset. I have not seen rollers like that in a long time. My Mother used to set her hair on the mesh ones with the pins and everything. I don't think that you can find those in my area anymore.

albane said:
Daviine,
you can find these rollers in any beauty store and even in the Grands Magasins (such as Galeries Lafayette) in Paris . The well known brand is Camaflex, but you can find exactly the same at a lower price in ethnic beauty stores or in professional supplier stores (where anyone can access without being a professional). I can supply some address if you wish.

I took a look at your album and the rollers you use seem to be different than the ones I use. The surface appears to be smoother and they are definitely longer. I imagine that if I could get my hands on some rollers like that, I wouldn't feel guilty about how horribe I am at rollersetting with magnetic rollers.

I don't think these rollers are availlable in US. I don't plan to go to France anytime soon.....perhaps in a year or so. In the meantime, I hope that Mexico has rollers of similar quality.

Are your mesh rollers plastic or metal? I couldn't tell.

Lindy said:
Beautiful hair!! :)

Those mesh rollers don't look like the ones we have here in the U.S...:ohwell: The mesh that covers the rollers we have here is plastic-y & "holey"... hence the need for end papers... your rollers look like they have some kind of sheer material covering the springs... :scratchch

I would love to get my hands on some of those "French rollers"... :grin: They look like they're a lot easier to handle than the magnetic rollers... :)
\

So you noticed that too! I thought it was just me. I'm on a mission girl!

Linda,Daviine

The core of the roller is a metal wire, but there is a full coverage by a very fine and smooth plastic mesh linen, so that you do not have any contact with the metal. The plastic linen is so fine that I never felt any negative impact which could justify using end paper. Also as the plastic is woven so fine, the pins are rather well maintaining the rollers one to the other 9no need to add bobby pins, even if this is feasible . I imagine that if you were willing to sleep in these rollers, it would be preferable to add bobby pins to fix the rollers one to the other.........

BrEE said:
is there an online site where the rollers can be purchased??

The site is: www.mgc.fr

It's in French but it's pretty easy to navigate around the site. But then again I studied French for several years in grade school.

Look under Rouleux and it's #3951.

My cookies aren't working so I couldn't pull up the order form. I'm going to try calling them sometime next week to make sure they ship to the United States and confirm the price and shipping costs. (That should be interesting since I can read French much better than I can speak it).

simcha said:

It's in French but it's pretty easy to navigate around the site. But then again I studied French for several years in grade school.

My cookies aren't working so I couldn't pull up the order form. I'm going to try calling them sometime next week to make sure they ship to the United States and confirm the price and shipping costs. (That should be interesting since I can read French much better than I can speak it).
Merci Simcha!

My French is a little rusty but I'll see how I do on the site.:)

Thanks for your nice words
I will try this weekend to bring my camera to the salon again in order to improve the mesh rollers album
Have a good weekend

simcha said:

I was also trying to place an order but my cookies don't work on the website either... :ohwell: Dang, I WANT THOSE ROLLERS!!!! :wallbash:

Lindy said:
I was also trying to place an order but my cookies don't work on the website either... :ohwell: Dang, I WANT THOSE ROLLERS!!!! :wallbash:
Lindy, could you post the link that goes directly to the rollers? TIA.

As promised I paid a visit to mum's salon yesterday in order to add some pics to my mesh roller album
Guess what, there were 2 nice french girls who had come for a rollerset on the recommendation of a friend originating from Madagascar as I do. These grils had long hair but somewhat unmanaged My mother was delighted as this is not very frequent to see french girls today asking for a rollerset She took a lot of time to condition properly their hair and put them in the big blue rollers I just showed when they were under the dryer. It was their first experience and initially they were feeling at pain, but ofrtunately they took the stance to joke about their behaviour. I did not stay, but my mother told me the girls were extremly happy withb the endresult and promised to come back soon and to recommend the salon to their friends
Initially the girls were not very happy with the idea for making pics of them under their rollers, but when I explained the purpose for the LHCF they were Ok (I explained what the LHCF means). I will post some pics in the middle of the week to the Fotki album.

Back