• Hair Length in the back

Votes: 61 51.7%
  • Even hair length all over

Votes: 57 48.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

naija24

Hello!!

I'm very new to this forum but I had a thought and decided to share. I'm starting my FOURTH natural journey, hopefully it's my last one. I think being a part of a forum like this will be helpful and encouraging.

Anyway, I wanted to know what ladies were more interested in when growing their hair out after the big chop. Are you more interested in having your hair grow in length in the back or having your hair grow even on all sides?

I'm geniunely curious :D

I personally love layers, so even if my hair was even all around, id end up getting it cut shorter for the sake of the layers and fullness.

I would much prefer layers. Blunt cut is pretty at first but layers are sexier to me. I like the way layers fall

Even hair looks so healthy to me but very boring. Long layers, with the exception of gross mullets, look more trendy.

I'm in love with the even all over look.

I don't really like it when the front is a lot shorter than the back.

plus, i think more even looks more real :P

I love layers....but since my hair is somewhat fine I prefer all one length & not really blunt...kinda like a U shape..

Last edited:
I cut my damaged hair from almost BSL to a blunt CL cut. Now its APL in layers. I always start off with a blunt cut then layer it as it grows. It's easier to style.

i wish my hair was even. i may seem boring, but it screams healthy to me. i've never seen even unhealthy hair. i'm so sick of forced layers because it isn't long enough to cut even and still be at a length i like or because it isn't growing well. i'm looking forward to a blunt cut. then i'll know i made it lol

My hair is too fine and low density to pull off layers. Therefore, I prefer a blunt/even cut, it makes my hair look fuller/thicker.

i wish my hair was even. i may seem boring, but it screams healthy to me. i've never seen even unhealthy hair. i'm so sick of forced layers because it isn't long enough to cut even and still be at a length i like or because it isn't growing well. i'm looking forward to a blunt cut. then i'll know i made it lol

Trust me, even but unhealthy hair is out there. My hair was even all around but my ends were pretty much ruined. Lost about 3-4 inches of hair from damage, and that's what ultimately made me BC this year.

My hair is longer in the back and that's actually not on purpose :perplexed.

Whenever I trim my hair somehow I always tend to cut more in the front. My sides are longer too.

I like a nice deep u shape. My hair is currenty cut straight across. To keep it from looking to boring I also have bangs.

Even if it's even inch wise all around, how it's stacked will give you layers. That being said I don't think I would like a blunt cut as fairy tail ends on natural hair has a really nice appeal. My hair is shorter in the back so I would prefer it to be the opposite really as it tends to be that I have to do a lot of fluffing for my crown to look full in out styles. No clue what my hair looks like straightened though. Currently it's a weird triangle shape when picked or blown out so it's probably a V-shape if straight.

Even if it's even inch wise all around, how it's stacked will give you layers. That being said I don't think I would like a blunt cut as fairy tail ends on natural hair has a really nice appeal. My hair is shorter in the back so I would prefer it to be the opposite really as it tends to be that I have to do a lot of fluffing for my crown to look full in out styles. No clue what my hair looks like straightened though. Currently it's a weird triangle shape when picked or blown out so it's probably a V-shape if straight.

You've never straigtened your hair?

I prefer even ends....
It may be boring, but I refuse to claim my goal length when only a few strands made it in the back....
Seems like cheating lol

I would love to have layers but my hairs soo thin and I wear it in a bun most of the time it wouldnt look right so I have blunt ends

I used to hate my hair layered until I met my current Stylist. My old Stylist used to cut it long layers but I find that my sorta fine hair looks a lot better with layers not so far apart - maybe half an inch to an inch or so apart. My hair looks a thousand times better this way.

My hair tends to grow into a V-shape at the back anyway. Now I usually have it trimmed to somewhat control how deep of a V-shape I get though. I like the V, but I don't like it too deep. I suppose I like a U-shape better but I love and appreciate however my hair chooses to grow. I gatta let her know I love her:love: no matter how God chooses to let her grow. Afterall, He's got every single strand numbered:yep:.

Back