Long hair and rollersetting

I used to rollerset quite a lot and even when I rollerset the easy way I find that its kinda a lot harder to do now that my hair is longer. Does anybody else have this problem? I find it EXTREAMLY difficult to self relax now so I quit doing that a while back. Has anybody else dealt with this and if so how did you overcome it? I really don't want to go to a salon. :/ Oh and I didn't do a search cuz I'm on my phone! :lol:

Hey there! :grin: I'm not yet having this issue, but Boston Maria still rollersets. Hopefully she'll chime in.

I have never been good at rollersetting on long or short hair. I suck at it. It always turns out frizzy. I wish I could though because I always see ladies with lovely bounce and swang from rollersets. Oh well.

Were you able to self relax before your hair got longer? Maybe just changing your technique would help?? :) I don't like waiting for my hair to dry in rollers, but I think Alia rollersets if I'm not mistaken.

Were you able to self relax before your hair got longer? Maybe just changing your technique would help?? :) I don't like waiting for my hair to dry in rollers, but I think Alia rollersets if I'm not mistaken.
I was able to self relax when it was shorter, but the longer it got the more difficult it seemed to get. The last time I tried it :nono: It was toe back. It was tangling and I couldnt maneuver it around....just toe up.

I don't have a problem self relaxing. I can't imagine rollersetting right now. Just imagine how long I would have to sit under the dryer. Albane rollersets her hair and it's waist/hip length. I remember reading she does it twice a week. I think it takes like 3 hours to dry her hair.

Last time I rollerset it took right at 2.5 hours to completely dry under the dryer.

I was just thinking about going to the salon and getting a rollerset. I'm a little cocerned though with the price and their technique.

You have been hiding. Your hair is sooooo much longer than I remember last. It's beautiful. Sorry I don't have anything useful to add regarding your question.

I haven't had challenges rollersetting longer hair, but it does take longer to dry. The last time I did a mohawk set, it took nearly 2 hours to dry.

This week, I tried a new method that saved time. I just sat under my hood dryer with a few rollers on the ends. Once it started getting damp, I detangled with my rat tooth comb and then put 8 rollers in (2 on each side plus six in the back). The end result was nice, bouncy curls. It still took about 1.5 hours to dry, but I at least saved the hour that I would normally spend doing the mohawk set prior to drying.

I haven't had challenges rollersetting longer hair, but it does take longer to dry. The last time I did a mohawk set, it took nearly 2 hours to dry.

This week, I tried a new method that saved time. I just sat under my hood dryer with a few rollers on the ends. Once it started getting damp, I detangled with my rat tooth comb and then put 8 rollers in (2 on each side plus six in the back). The end result was nice, bouncy curls. It still took about 1.5 hours to dry, but I at least saved the hour that I would normally spend doing the mohawk set prior to drying.
That sounds like a good idea.....hmmmmm.......

I dont think I would want to chance a set at a salon anyway b/c their dryers just dont get all that hot. Last time I did a set at home it took about 2 hours to dry.

All is good stll confused on being natural or staying texlaxed LOL!!! Your hair is so LONG!!! I remember when you first started out Natural! Your hair looks so good, keep doing what you are doing!!!!!

:nono:
Hey there! :grin: I'm not yet having this issue, but Boston Maria still rollersets. Hopefully she'll chime in.

*dances into thread*
my hair is about your length and I have a problem rollersetting the nape cuz my arms are stretched out. I try to take bigger sections of hair. It might take longer to dry (depending on your hairdryer) but as long as my hair is 100% dry it doesn't matter to me.

Have you tried buying bigger rollers?

:nono:

*dances into thread*
my hair is about your length and I have a problem rollersetting the nape cuz my arms are stretched out. I try to take bigger sections of hair. It might take longer to dry (depending on your hairdryer) but as long as my hair is 100% dry it doesn't matter to me.

Have you tried buying bigger rollers?
The biggest ones Ive seen are purple. Do they come bigger?

Oh and while Im asking, do ya'll think I can do a flexi rod set with 3 months of ng?

i'm not at your length yet, but i've thought how in the world would I rollerset anything past full apl, apl at times gives me sore arms.

I would most likely end up going back and forth to ny to get rollersets at the latin salons once my hair gets too long.

and yes your hair looks fab great progress.

Welcome back! your hair has grown so much, it's gorgeous!... I do find that my arms get sore a lot now, especially when I'm rolling my nape. I usually do what BostonMaria recommended, making the sections of my hair larger and using the super large grey rollers. It usually takes me about 2 hrs to completely dry. Or you can try the ponytail method...

Welcome back! your hair has grown so much, it's gorgeous!... I do find that my arms get sore a lot now, especially when I'm rolling my nape. I usually do what BostonMaria recommended, making the sections of my hair larger and using the super large grey rollers. It usually takes me about 2 hrs to completely dry. Or you can try the ponytail method...
Your hair!!! :drool:

My oldest has hip length natural 3a/3b hair and I rollerset it about once a year on the big lavender and purple rollers. It takes several hours to dry because she doesn't like to sit still.

I've attached a pic from a coupl of years ago - her hair is actually longer than this now.

Attachments

• DSC00382.jpg
    DSC00382.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 68
Back