Long hair and rollersetting

omggggggggggg aunty b--her hair--wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

i gave myself a rollerset this wknd dont know how i made it threw--i was in uber do it yourself mode--since it was too cold in nyc--took me damn near all of saturday lmaooooooooo

my arms were so daggone tired---

As my hair got longer I started making a center part and rollerset on each side going up! I also started to use mesh rollers . I have about 6- 8 rollers on each side and it takes me about 90 minutes under my pibbs @ 55.
I do not get sore arms and it takes about 10-15 minutes to do it this way, 2x a week. Your has grown alot! It is beautiful!!
Btw.. I use the white mesh rollers that I purchased from metro beauty.

Last edited:
As my hair got longer I started making a center part and rollerset on each side going up! I also started to used mesh rollers . I have about 6- 8 rollers on each side and it takes me about 90 minutes under my pibbs @ 55.
I do not get sore arms and it takes about 10-15 minutes to do it this way, 2x a week. Your has grown alot! It is beautiful!!
Btw.. I use the white mesh rollers that I purchased from metro beauty.
Ok thnx! Im going to look right now!

ETA:OK I got 3 packs. Oh lawd....its already starting. LOL!!!

Last edited:
me, I have this issue. I was trying yesterday and just gave up, too troublesome. I've never been able to get a hang of it.

*edit: i don't relax so I can't help you with that T_T maybe a trusted friend/family member could help if you don't want to go to the salon

Last edited:
Had this problem, it's probably one of the reasons I no longer use heat. Too "hair lazy".
Mesh rollers are great, that's what I used to use.

SparkingFlame

As kindly reminded by dear DLewis I am still rollersetting my waist long hair. My DH would not allow me to do otherwise. The drying time is fortunately less than she indicated, it varies beween 1 h and half and 1 h and 45 mn, and this is already VERY LONG being such time under this bloody hot hooddryer with by big head.

As you guessed, there is no way to roll yourself such long hair unless using some complicated strategy. In practice, I can afford to go once a week to the salon after work and I rollerset home during the week end. When my hair became longer, I simply asked a neighbour to help me - we are fortunate to get nice neighbourhood, what she did very nicely. At the start, I was trying to hide as much as possible my haircare to my DH, but after some months I realized that he was loving all this hair stuff and myneighbour just leaned him to do it. A hairdresser friend also gave him some lessons and today he is doing it from A to Z as soon as he is home that day. It may looks funny, but in fact it is quite normal. He loved the long hair and the rollerset result, so why would you hide the rollerset itself. It has very much simplified my life as I do not fear doing a lot of home work with my big rollersets, including those huge rollers that I use from time to time.

My advice is therefore to not hesitate to seek help from others, they love your hair, why to hide them how you care of it.

Back