Living with your spouses parents and paying rent

@LiftedUp

Yeah, to my mind, it was either move out or live rent free.

It's not rent free if the wife is paying. We would be moving. Does the husband know he is liable for half of whatever his parents says the wife owe. Isn't this marital debt...

Lmaoooo, that fool has lost his mind! He would not be marriage material. His parents did not raise him.to be a husband and while it's nice to help our youth, I'm now thinking he may fall under bum status for living off his parents.

The very LEAST he could of done was pay "her" rent himself until his parents got a clue OR move into a new home with his wife. Either way, he would have to choose her.

ETA: HOL'UP HOL'UP ..... you trying to tell me this woman has kids the age of her husband? She's a groooown arse woman chasing "Mommy and Daddy still take care of me" dack?! What, someone knock me.over with a feather.

Last edited:
If go over to the moms house with my new sugar daddy to hash out what she said I owed. This is one of the reasons why I don't believe in getting married to someone overly attached to family

There were a number of not so ideal factors to their relationship.

There was a very fast/ whirlwind courtship. They got married with in months of starting to date.
There is a significant age difference between her and the husband. He is mid twenties and she has children (who don't live with her) in their mid twenties
They met at work.

but none to me would have indicated that this 'rent' issue would have shown up...

Wow, another case of a woman paying for in home sex.
It's too easy to get sex for free to go through all of that, a wedding and a one party rental agreement. I can't believe she even went for that nonsense for 4 months. Jesus take the wheel.

She's crazy. How do you marry someone the same age as your kids? What did she expect with a man in his 20s? Men in their 20s are still wet behind the ears especially if they are still living at home rent free. She's probably the same age as his mother. She should have known better.

There were a number of not so ideal factors to their relationship.

There was a very fast/ whirlwind courtship. They got married with in months of starting to date.
There is a significant age difference between her and the husband. He is mid twenties and she has children (who don't live with her) in their mid twenties
They met at work.

but none to me would have indicated that this 'rent' issue would have shown up...

This is a game changer. A 40+ woman, marries a man-child within a few months of dating him and then moves into his apartment :nono: This was doomed from the start. So what was going on with her mentally that she made this happen. She is too old to not be smarter than this.

I'm starting to side with the parents now :lol: I'm not sure I want your old butt living up in my apartment rent free with my child :ohwell:

This is a game changer. A 40+ woman, marries a man-child within a few months of dating him and then moves into his apartment :nono: This was doomed from the start. So what was going on with her mentally that she made this happen. She is too old to not be smarter than this.

I'm starting to side with the parents now :lol: I'm not sure I want your old butt living up in my apartment rent free with my child :ohwell:

Right. Cuz MAYBR from HIS family's side she's old enough to be his mother and taking advantage of their child's college age circumstances (ability to live rent free etc) and who knows what else, particularly if his family has enough cash flow to own rental properties. I'd think the wife was trying to cash in on my son and my family's hard work .

Right. Cuz MAYBR from HIS family's side she's old enough to be his mother and taking advantage of their child's college age circumstances (ability to live rent free etc) and who knows what else, particularly if his family has enough cash flow to own rental properties. I'd think the wife was trying to cash in on my son and my family's hard work .

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Maybe you love my son but why are your rushing a wedding? And where's your apartment/house?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Maybe you love my son but why are your rushing a wedding? And where's your apartment/house?

Right! Which brings to mind other extenuating circumstances that may be affecting the parents' behavior:

Where are her adult kids/what are their lives like ? How were they raised? What kind of job does she have? Is she broke or does she have some success and/or even an education? Do you know Itgirl?

I cant imagine having a stepfather or stepmother who is exactly my same age. Just plain foolishness!

If the son is silly enough to marry a 40 year old without anything put him out too

See this doesn't change anything for me (although I understand the parents more)

If he felt he was grown enough to marry her, then he needs to be grown enough to bear the responsibility for his family.

Which means, either they both pay me rent or they find somewhere else to live.

But no, as the parent, I wouldn't support this nonsense

See this doesn't change anything for me (although I understand the parents more)

If he felt he was grown enough to marry her, then he needs to be grown enough to bear the responsibility for his family.

Which means, either they both pay me rent or they find somewhere else to live.

But no, as the parent, I wouldn't support this nonsense

It changes it for me. I don't care about the boy. I was feeling bad for this woman and her situation. But with the details I don't feel bad for her. So I don't really care what the parents or son end up doing.

I was putting myself in her shoes initially. But when I found out what type of shoes she had on :nono:

DarkJoy

Her adult kids live on their own and do what adults do... Pay their own rent/ mortgage, have children etc One of them is (by my definition ) a little ratchet and the other is a university grad who works in a bank. But neither is particularly special one way or the other. Their father her former husband died about 5/4 years ago

She works in administrative job and lived in her own rented place. She makes a lot. more money than her husband. Partly because she has been in her field much longer than he has. She isn't struggling at all. She also owns a small business.

He worked in a lower level position at the same organisation she works for. Supposedly he was the person who suggested living in the apartment.

the entire thing says a lot about both persons to be honest.. I think she got too excited

@DarkJoy

Her adult kids live on their own and do what adults do... Pay their own rent/ mortgage, have children etc One of them is (by my definition ) a little ratchet and the other is a university grad who works in a bank. But neither is particularly special one way or the other. Their father her former husband died about 5/4 years ago

She works in administrative job and lived in her own rented place. She makes a lot. more money than her husband. Partly because she has been in her field much longer than he has. She isn't struggling at all. She also owns a small business.

He worked in a lower level position at the same organisation she works for. Supposedly he was the person who suggested living in the apartment.

the entire thing says a lot about both persons to be honest.. I think she got too excited

I figured he would be the one to suggest it considering it seems like he's being coddled. Why would he leave free rent? He probably didn't think his parents would suggest payment. And it still blows my mind that they required payment from the wife only. Why not say, "son, since you're married now, it's time that you start paying rent". Instead they got all butthurt over the older woman when there was lesson for the son in all of this.

They should charge for utilities not rent and charge both of them. If that I was me, my husband and I would find our own place pronto.:afro:

Last edited:
Back