Lighten Your Hair without bleaching??

lilliz6

Ladies,

Is there any possible way to slighty lighten your hair without bleaching it? One day I may want to go a shade or two lighter but I definitely don't want to bleach my hair. Any suggestions?

I used Matrix SOColor which is good for AA hair. It contains no peroxide or bleach. My natural hairstylist turn me on to it even though I am relaxed. I had highlights done about 6 months ago and I can honestly say, I have experienced no breakage or excessive drying.

The hair issues I had before getting the color are the same I have now - I AM SUPER HAPPY ABOUT THAT :) ! I didn't want to get color and set myself back.

Go for Matrix SOCOLOR, you won't regret it! :)

Honey! DC with Honey! Its natures peroxide and it really works. Plus its good for your hair, it won't be blonde but it will be a lighter more honey-ish color.

Here I have some not perfect pictures to prove it.
On month of sun and conditioner washes daily with a tbl spoon of honey in the bottle. It has lightened a bit the first pic is darker tho. I actually hate it and wish the honey would stop it!
080810144929-vi.jpg

091710133806-vi.jpg

what about apple cider vinegar? is acv more gentle on the hair than using lemon/lime juice?

I had just said today that i wanted to naturally lighten my hair, but not with bleach, and now i see this thread. Im liking all the suggestions here. Now i'm thinking of making a diluted honey & acv conditioning treatment (maybe with a dash of cinnamon) to gradually lighten my hair up. thanks

hmmmm I wonder if you do the honey lightening treatment for a while and then possibly dye the hair with a blonde (no bleach of course) what would happen.....something wonderful perhaps....Stay Tuned

cinnamon!

I dont remember who it was, I'm so sorry, you will have to do a google search but they had some great pictures showing what cinnamon was able to do as far as lightening, in just one application ( for a few hours)

I am guessing if you want to go really light naturally, you can combine honey, lemon and honey. :)

Good luck!

:)

Back