LHCF trained or approved hairstylists in your area?

Checking for someone in that is good with scissors...I just need some shaping for my layers not a drastic cut.

Last edited:
I am going through similar trying to do HH practices which are considered "unconventional" by cosmetology school standards. We are opening a salon in the White Plains, NY area and are looking for licensed healthy hair stylists. If they are LHCF'ers fantastic. Anyone and everyone point them our way.
Thanks-Chevelure618

This is the coolest thread! I too began cosmetology school because of what I learned here at LHCF over the past year or so. And am very familiar with the "looks" from fellow students and the teachers regarding the HH practices I've learned here. I hope to become LHCF approved when I graduate in Nov 2011!

Last edited:
I am a Cosmetologist and Esthetician. I service Rochester, NY but I have clients in Elmira, NYC and little cities in between who I travel to service. The philosophy on healthy hair practices around here is so misconstrued I am seriously considering opening my own salon and spa. I went for an interview and was explaining my stance on hair care and maintenance , especially ER an installation and I explained how I would not install a weave on someone who I felt was not a good candidate, ie; dry, brittle broken hair, a scalp that would not support the installation... Etc and she said " well I can see where you're coming from but when you have someone with 2 inches of broken off hair come in asking for a weave, you're not going to turn her away, I'm gonna make that 80 bucks and glue some tracks on her head. When bills are due you ain't thinking about healthy hair". I tried explaining to her about different things I could suggest to a client like that to begin to grow her hair back and I got the good old " I mean, her hair ain't growing back, just make your money". Yeah, I walked out and did not return. I didnt want whatsoever to be associated with that shop. I really am considering opening my own shop. I am greedy for knowledge though and I feel that as much as I know, there are sooooooo many techniques that I still have yet to learn.

Idk of any salons but just wanna say OP that article you posted is really informative!!! It's such a shame that someone you pay $80 to do your hair would want to skimp on products.

Need one for Detroit, MI Pretty Please

Acafes Hair Studio in Farmington Hills. Arlene and Amanda are a mother/daughter team and own the studio. They r the BIZ!! Arlene is the one who is helped me to quit the creamy crack :)
Just Google Acafes Hair Studio and their info will pop up.

Sent from my HERO200 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Bumping.
Any relaxed heads in the Baton Rouge area? Looking for a touch up soon & I ain't going to just ANYBODY. Lol. Good recs would be appreciated!

Bumping. Not giving up. Lol! I saw Panache was mentioned in BR but that was a few years ago. Thinking of driving to GlamSuite in NO but most of her recs are for sew ins, so I still wanted to find a healthy hair stylist for my relaxer....

newnyer said:
Bumping. Not giving up. Lol! I saw Panache was mentioned in BR but that was a few years ago. Thinking of driving to GlamSuite in NO but most of her recs are for sew ins, so I still wanted to find a healthy hair stylist for my relaxer....

Hello lady!

I have one that believes in stretching relaxers, does not overlap & is not scissor happy. She in the baton rouge area and has been relaxing my hair for a year. BUT, she's so popular (among short haired ladies cause she can cut hair fiercely) so you may be waiting a while. PM me if u are interested.

Back