LHCF T-Shirt Day!!! (or Nikko's cousin coming out!)

Please answer yes or no regarding t-shirt day and which holiday to wear them on?

• Yes, I want an LHCF t-shirt day

Votes: 270 69.6%
  • No, I'm undercover

Votes: 68 17.5%
  • Let's wear them Memorial Day Weekend

Votes: 39 10.1%
  • Let's wear them Fourth of July Weekend

Votes: 66 17.0%
  • Let's wait and wear them Labor Day Weekend

Votes: 69 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are the shirts up for a "redesign"?

I have a company and we design clothes, and had a few ideas...

Just curious..

I think that'd be great. I would love them in more neutral colors too (don't really like the pink and baby blue or plain white)

I think that'd be great. I would love them in more neutral colors too (don't really like the pink and baby blue or plain white)

I totally agree! I'd like a different, trendy design. Something that could also be put on other merchandise including totes. But maybe that's just me. Graphic tees are pretty popular and I like wearing them, I just want them to be cute and stylish.

I bought the original one; but I would have liked it better if it were more of the stretchy form-fitting tshirt instead of the boxy cut.

It would be great to all wear them on the same designated Day, so just maybe, we could recognize a cousin, You know!

Let's wear them on 4th of July Independence Day. We have declared Independence from the crap that the media has thrown at us as well as the "sterotypes" that say AA women can not grow hair as well as our independace from the scissor happy stylist.

What do you guys think?

From what I can gather... the original shirts were being worn over Labor Day weekend. Has this changed? And does anyone have a pic of the original shirt. What's the latest on a redesign.

P.S. I.m interested in the form fitted style as well.

Hey Ladies -

Please note that this thread is 2 years old. In 2007, We had a t-shirt contest, selected a winner and had the t-shirts available for those who wanted to wear them 4th of July 2007. What you guys are pulling up are the old shirts which are still available, Nikos' Cousin and the original LHCF shirt. You can find them here at the following links:

http://www.printfection.com/TheLHCFstore/LHCF-Apparel-and-Products/_s_99756

http://www.printfection.com/TheLHCFstore/Nikos-Cousin-Apparel-and-Products/_s_99783

I'm going to PM Beverly, the LHCF owner, to see if she wants the contest to run again for this year so we can get an updated shirt. Once I find this info out, I'll spread the news.

Hey Ladies -

Please note that this thread is 2 years old. In 2007, We had a t-shirt contest, selected a winner and had the t-shirts available for those who wanted to wear them 4th of July 2007. What you guys are pulling up are the old shirts which are still available, Nikos' Cousin and the original LHCF shirt. You can find them here at the following links:

http://www.printfection.com/TheLHCFstore/LHCF-Apparel-and-Products/_s_99756

http://www.printfection.com/TheLHCFstore/Nikos-Cousin-Apparel-and-Products/_s_99783

I'm going to PM Beverly, the LHCF owner, to see if she wants the contest to run again for this year so we can get an updated shirt. Once I find this info out, I'll spread the news.

:yay: THANX TEXAS!! I can't wait!!

So you have to go through Beverly to be able to make a design for a shirt? And then where does it go from there?

Im curious...

We've already started designing, but if it has to go through LHCF, then I might pass. We do this for a living, so I dont want to step on anyone's toes. :)

I'll still show a temporary design to see...

So you have to go through Beverly to be able to make a design for a shirt? And then where does it go from there?

Im curious...

We've already started designing, but if it has to go through LHCF, then I might pass. We do this for a living, so I dont want to step on anyone's toes. :)

I'll still show a temporary design to see...

Why would you pass? Like you said, just make sure you aren't stepping on anyone's toes. LHCF is copyrighted so yes you have to have permission and Nikos' is an actual person on this site. I see you just joined in Dec. '08 so I'm sure you didn't know this. With the contest, Bev gave the permission and also reviewed the designs before they were sold. It was also agreed that the proceeds from the initial 2007 contest went to the LHCF Convention in Vegas. Anything directly involving LHCF should be discussed and agreed upon with the site owner.

Now if you want to come up with your own hair related t-shirt design and logo without the use of LHCF and its associations then that shouldn't be a problem.

This is where I'm coming from: No one on here is promoting LHCF Gro-Hair Oil because no one else owns the LHCF name. LHCF is and has been more than open to entreprenuers marketing their own products and ideas on this site within reason. But if you promote something related to LHCF and they don't like it or agree with it, they have the right to a legal action against you. Getting permission first is also a matter of respect in my opinion. You dare not go make and sell Nike t-shirts (for lack of a better example) so don't "just do it" until you find out what's right. It's best to cover your bases and your az before your work becomes a wasted effort. Since this is the business that you work in, I'm sure you have a great design in the making.

Once Beverly gives the ok, have at it. You can contact Bev directly. Send her a PM and your design and she'll get back to you. She always has.

Cool. Understood. :) We hadnt planned to use the "LHCF" name, website, logo, anything - clearly that would be copyright infringement, esp without permission - just like the NIKE reference you mentioned.

For example, people/companies have used the likeness of "Tony the Tiger" on tshirts, and sell them at Target, and other places...but, you dont see Kellogg's name printed anywhere on the shirt. Or for instance people selling Obama images on buttons, shirts, etc... And its ok.

Thats why I said I didnt want to step on anyone's toes.

Clearly we wouldnt do anything to reflect badly on this site, the name or its members. So I will run it by Bev, and see what happens...

Thanks for the information :)

Last edited:
Back