LHCF T-Shirt Day!!! (or Nikko's cousin coming out!)

Please answer yes or no regarding t-shirt day and which holiday to wear them on?

• Yes, I want an LHCF t-shirt day

Votes: 270 69.6%
  • No, I'm undercover

Votes: 68 17.5%
  • Let's wear them Memorial Day Weekend

Votes: 39 10.1%
  • Let's wear them Fourth of July Weekend

Votes: 66 17.0%
  • Let's wait and wear them Labor Day Weekend

Votes: 69 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Texasqt PM'd me so we are looking into this. I also think its easier to do than the key chain idea. I was thinking of having a tshirt design contest. I know we have lots of talented folx on here. We could do a final vote for the top 5 designs and declare a winner. I cant promise anything offical on this, but I will let you know as soon as a decision is made.

Enchantmt said:
Texasqt PM'd me so we are looking into this. I also think its easier to do than the key chain idea. I was thinking of having a tshirt design contest. I know we have lots of talented folx on here. We could do a final vote for the top 5 designs and declare a winner. I cant promise anything offical on this, but I will let you know as soon as a decision is made.

Well, alright now!!!!! If you decide...I'm in and I'm going to WIN!!! :grin: :grin:

EbonyHairedPrincess said:
I think this is a cute idea. I would do it. I don't like the t-shirt styles they have though. I would rock the "Nikko's cousin" t-shirt in a heartbeat.

why didnt I see the Nikko shirt...off to the store

This is such a great idea!! I like the "Are you Nikko's Cousin?" t-shirt idea.

I was also thinking since it will be summer when we wear them, we should have t-shirts AND tank tops. What do you guys think?

I voted to wear them on Labor Day because that gives me more time to grow and nurse my hair :-) I'm so excited!! What should we say if someone asks us about our shirts?

I would most def rock the Nikko's cousin t-shirt.

Onle WE would be able to identify ourselves. Great Idea. Plus, it seems just like one of those generic catchy phrase t-shirts that are popular today. If it were to say LHCF, for example, people would be asking what is LHCF? I do love this site but sorry, I dont have time to be explaining my hair fetish to everyone! :look:

Ok, ladies. Bev said you can do what you want, that she doesnt need a profit from it. So go ahead and make your t-shirts and find a vendor. I still like the idea of a contest where everyone can submit a design and have everyone vote, so that everyone has the same shirt. I dont know how to go about getting them made afterward, but I guess someone here will. And um... :sekret: dont forget about da big gurlz when you do your sizing, cuz I want one too. :wasntme:

Btw...the name is spelled Nikos. So the question would be "Are you Nikos' cousin?" I also like the idea of a tshirt with the phrase "I'm Nikos' cousin!!"

I will get clarification about using the LHCF logo or initials.

Anyway...happy t-shirting. :)

Enchantmt said:
Ok, ladies. Bev said you can do what you want, that she doesnt need a profit from it. So go ahead and make your t-shirts and find a vendor. I still like the idea of a contest where everyone can submit a design and have everyone vote, so that everyone has the same shirt. I dont know how to go about getting them made afterward, but I guess someone here will. And um... :sekret: dont forget about da big gurlz when you do your sizing, cuz I want one too. :wasntme:

Btw...the name is spelled Nikos. So the question would be "Are you Nikos' cousin?" I also like the idea of a tshirt with the phrase "I'm Nikos' cousin!!"

I will get clarification about using the LHCF logo or initials.

Anyway...happy t-shirting. :)

Okay, so there ya have it! There is a t-shirt contest going on right now for a LHCF t-shirt design and a Nikos's Cousin t-shirt!!! Ladies, send your t-shirt designs to [email protected]. I know a guy who does t-shirts and can get us a reasonable rate. I'll go ahead and research prices and t-shirt styles and I'll post a new thread in the off-topic forum for t-shirt design postings and deadlines for when we need the designs to be in.

Stay Tuned...

Update - The thread for contest entries is posted in the OT forum here:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=2045016#post2045016
and the DEADLINE FOR THE CONTEST IS FRIDAY, APRIL 20.
This means the earliest we can probably wear the shirts will be the Fourth of July.

Also, if you like the LHCF t-shirts already made, you don't have to wait for the contest tshirts.

Please keep voting so we can make sure we have enough people interested to make this worth it.

Last edited:
sugarose said:
Are there going to be baby tee's available?

Once the designs are decided upon, then if necessary we can do a poll for sizes to get an idea of what the need is for a range of sizes. I dont know if we would be able to have the design available as an iron on transfer only or not. I think normally they screen print them. We can determine all that later as we have time before summer really hits.

ohhhh i like it.!.... but im more of a tank top girl or baby t. than t-shirt...

i may have to create my own in black of course;)

Enchantmt said:
Once the designs are decided upon, then if necessary we can do a poll for sizes to get an idea of what the need is for a range of sizes. I dont know if we would be able to have the design available as an iron on transfer only or not. I think normally they screen print them. We can determine all that later as we have time before summer really hits.

Thanks, I will wait patiently :)

trimbride said:
I love the idea of a shirt that says "Are you Nikko's cousin?" I would wear it but I don't want anyone to know I am on the board:confused:

What a predicament. Maybe I will wait until I reach my goal and print one up for myself:lol:

:) Yes. I love this idea and I would love the Nikko's Cousin shirt even more. Great thinking. I'm in. I picked Labor Day because that gives us all more time to get even further in our goals. But, I'm open to any weekend.

this is a great idea!

Some people like the idea of where a lhcf shirt, some don't - those who dont would rather wear a nikos cousins shirt. i would like to cater to all. the current shirt on cafe press isn't really that spectacular, so i would be happy to offer a new lhcf design also, i just need a little help :)

if anyone is interested in redesigning the current lhcf t-shirt, or know someone who wants too, I am more than happy to offer a new design thru cafe press on any other vendor. I would be happy to give the designer most of the proceeds (if any were generated) , i don't really care about the profit, i would like to have a shirt that everyone could be proud to wear, including me:).

beverly said:
this is a great idea!

Some people like the idea of where a lhcf shirt, some don't - those who dont would rather wear a nikos cousins shirt. i would like to cater to all. the current shirt on cafe press isn't really that spectacular, so i would be happy to offer a new lhcf design also, i just need a little help :)

if anyone is interested in redesigning the current lhcf t-shirt, or know someone who wants too, I am more than happy to offer a new design thru cafe press on any other vendor. I would be happy to give the designer most of the proceeds (if any were generated) , i don't really care about the profit, i would like to have a shirt that everyone could be proud to wear, including me:).

Hey Beverly-I pm'd you about adding this to the contest - a contest for a new LHCF shirt and a Nikos' Cousin shirt. Also, the only incentive I had so far was for a free shirt but if there are any proceeds generated that could be part of the contest prize as well.

Alright dag nabbit... Who's Nikko and why are we looking for his cousin? :huh:

I'm a newbie ( I guess that's obvious) and I want to help find his long lost cousin also... I can't for the life of me figure it out! :confused::confused: Is the answer in front of my face? Is a sista just being slow? Help me out. Inquiring minds want to know!

MommaMayhann said:
Alright dag nabbit... Who's Nikko and why are we looking for his cousin? :huh:

I'm a newbie ( I guess that's obvious) and I want to help find his long lost cousin also... I can't for the life of me figure it out! :confused::confused: Is the answer in front of my face? Is a sista just being slow? Help me out. Inquiring minds want to know!

Enchantmt said:
Nikos' lhcf user name is dimopoulos. He is the IT person who helps maintain the site. Some members came up with the idea to use that question because if they saw someone on the street with awesome hair they wanted a way to ask if they were on lhcf with out having to explain a hair forum. You can find a pic of him here:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=108479

Here is another thread about Nikos:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=108585

Now what we will do when someone has a cousin named Nikos and still arent on the forum is another matter. :lol:

Someone else asked in the other thread, so I'm quoting my response to them.

beverly said:
this is a great idea!

HEY LADIES!!!
For those of you who don't care for the Nikos' Cousin shirt, we are adding an LHCF t-shirt to the contest!!! - the best of both!!!

A Nikko's Cousin tee would be soooo cute I'm in. And Labor Day would be great! That would give me enough time to have my hair in tip top shape so I can wear my Nikko's Cousin tee shirt with pride.

Hey Ladies! Great News!
The winner of the contest will receive a free t-shirt AND
a one-year free subscription to LHCF!!!
:dance7:

Back