LHCF STAPLES - that Don't work for you???

denman brush - my hair hates that thing, it literally pulls out chunks of my hair. i really wanted to like it and used it both wet and dry
megatek - way too much shedding
fantasia ic gel - i really want to like this gel, because it gives great curl definition, but by the time it dries, my hair looks like i rolled it thru a lint trap

Pantene Relaxed and Natural
NTM Silk Touch Leave In
Anything with sulfur in it - found out I was allergic
Suave/V05 Conditioners
Giovanni Direct Leave In - it was bleh I wouldn't repurchase
Cowashing :nono:

Keracare hydrating shampoo and keracare humecto - both did nothing for my hair at all. I had better luck with Curls products.

denman brush - my hair hates that thing, it literally pulls out chunks of my hair. i really wanted to like it and used it both wet and dry
megatek - way too much shedding
fantasia ic gel - i really want to like this gel, because it gives great curl definition, but by the time it dries, my hair looks like i rolled it thru a lint trap

well, if you shed with megatek, you *Have* to take garlic pills or wash with garlic shampoo.

It makes sense that if you're going to do something to your hair, like say clarifying, then you're going to have to overcompensate in the other direction with moisture. Megatek (a hard core protein) is no exception.

It's too bad about the denman, it's a great, great brush.

With the Ic fantasia... use less product, and only add it to wet, conditioned hair...(i do it right when i come out of shower) then you'll get beautiful results...

hth.

hydrathermal naturals! whatever. That shampoo stripped the mess out of my hair. And the smell was not ok. Its still in my drawer.

Shea butter on my ends. too heavy

Dominican conditioners except Silicon Mix Pearl, and Crece Pelo - don't do anything for me.

Pre poos
coconut oil
fantasia ic gel
glycerine heavy products
Cheapie conditioners like suave and VO5 (too thin)

Shave your legs with them. Or add baking soda to them and use them to clean your hair instead of using a drying shampoo. Or you can put them on your feet at night with some socks and they'll be soft in the morning.

Thanks so much for the ideas!!! I'm definitely going to try them :yep:

Any aphogee product makes my hair hard.
NTM products produce no change in my hair, it is like I put nothing in it.
Organix self-heating oil made my hair feel like straw.
Garlic shampoo did not help with shedding.
Jojoba oil does nothing for my hair.
EVOO does nothing for my hair
Castor oil does nothing for my hair.
Bee Mine did not help my hair to grow.

Megatec..if that's how you spell it :perplexed All the garlic in the world couldn't stop the shedding
Suave and Vo5 ..... runny

Shea butter- just sat on my hair
Carols daugther moisturizer-Wax! no no for me. But her oils are good
CHI silk- I liked it and will use it again but not too much at one time. I use to put alot in my hair. Broke it off something fierce. Cones and I arent friends. It becuase I dont use SLS ALS.
Mizani conditioners- my hair lol @ it

shea butter: it just sits on my natural hair. this was not the case when i was relaxed.

aveda DR conditioner: the shampoo was ok but the conditioner made my hair brittle and i only left it in the remainder of my shower.

Joicio All Soft, Shampoo, Heavy cream.
CD products, although I do like the Hair Elixir oil.
Stretching past 10 weeks.
BTW, anyone want to rid themselves that Cantu Shea, Suave Humectant, Aussie Moist, or ors packs, pm me.

So many things . . .

entire Neutrogena Triple Moisture Line
anything silk elements
coconut oil
macadamia nut oil
mega-tek - allergic reaction
kerastase conditioner - allergic reaction
VO5 conditioners
cones
just to name a few.

I discovered the hard way that my hair won't tolerate silk amino acids and most oils. As I tried each new item, I was so hopeful that I would achieve the same results as members who posted with great outcomes and each time I was disappointed. I've learned to keep it really simple. My hair seems to behave like a finicky infant. It's hungry but it's very stubborn and won't eat much of anything!:ohwell:

Last edited:
Shea butter-leaves a coating on hair
glycerin/water mix-makes my hair stringy
elasta qp mango butter-my hair hates butters
phytojojoba mask-too drying

I'd like to give a big HELL NO to Shescentit Seyani Butter please, thanks.
I'll give another hell no to AOHC. Thanks.
I'll give the last hell to the no for the night to Aphogee ANYTHING. Take care, drive home safely.

ORS Pak
Aussie Moist Conditioner
Chi Silk Infusion
Fanastatia IC heat protectant serum
Aubrey Organics-HSO and GPB
Aveda Damage Remedy Conditioner
Giovanni smooth as silk conditioner
Nexxus Humectress
Aveda Anti humectant pomade

If the product isn't raved about on here, than it usually works for me LOL I don't get it but it's all good, I still like hearing anything new since I am a product junkie. Gotta use what works!

EVOO- flat, stringy
Nexus aloe rid shampoo- tangled disaster
Wet bunning- strands easily pops, drys hard

Giovanni direct shampoo, leave-in, and conditioner
Anything Ayurvedic
Wen
Hair one
Olive oil
Jojoba oil
Silken child
Chi silk infusion
Anything Kenra