LHCF STAPLES - that Don't work for you???

ORS Replenishing Pack - made my hair hard and dry
Pantene Breakage & Defense mask - made my hair dry
Jane Carter Nourish & Shine - I paid a lot of money for it but it did nothing for my hair

LOL Pantene was a joke for my hair

based on these posts glad i haven't tried that henna stuff. my hair gets tangly when it gets dry. and i don't need either. i'm laughing at the person who was itching like dav chappel in her siggy :).

HE LTR
Anything Carol's Daughter
Lustrasilk Silk Elements Conditioner
Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo/Conditioner
Femordyl
Aphogee 2 step
Jilbere shower comb
Lustrasilk Silken Child
Anything Garnier
Lush Henna

All Crap!:bricks: I am sure there is more, but I can't remember right off hand. Usually what I don't like, I give it away to my mom. She loves free products. And what I don't like she usually does. And she is natural. Go figure :perplexed

Keracare
OCT
Glycerin
Elasta QP mango butter
Nexxus-shampoo
African Pride leave in
HE-Hydration

HE LTR
Anything Carol's Daughter
Lustrasilk Silk Elements Conditioner
Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo/Conditioner
Femordyl
Aphogee 2 step
Jilbere shower comb
Lustrasilk Silken Child
Anything Garnier
Lush Henna

All Crap!:bricks: I am sure there is more, but I can't remember right off hand. Usually what I don't like, I give it away to my mom. She loves free products. And what I don't like she usually does. And she is natural. Go figure :perplexed

carol's daughter was garbage...expensive garbage

Elasta QP Mango Butter
Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1
NTM Silk Touch Leave-in
Glycerin during colder months
ORS Wrapping Foam
HE Hello Hydration
HE LTR Leave-in
(There will be LOTS more; I'm just not in the bathroom while I type!)

Aloe Vera as a moisturizer :nono:
EQP Mango Butter-I loved it when I first started my hhg, but realized it left my edges SUPER dry
HS 14 n 1- Deceived by the temporary moisture. Ended up dry. I wondered why I had a huge bottle already that wasn't used :ohwell:
NTM anything
Cantu Shea Butter Leave In I've been screaming hell no since day one! I tried and tried and tried, it just did nothing for me.
MoroccanOil :perplexed I wasn't the least bit impressed
Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter, Hair Milk

I'm sure I'll be back with more.

I knew I'd be back...

CHI Silk Infusion
Kids Organics Shea Butter leave-in
Profectiv anything
Proclaim products

HS 14-N-1
Coconut oil-unless mixed with EVOO in a 1:2 ratio. Virgin and Expeller Pressed CO made my hair feel hard even in the Summer.
Refined shea butter-looks, smells and feels like Crisco. My hair loves unrefined organic shea butter though
glycerin and any product heavy with glycerin (S-curl activator and Sta-sof-fro) - moisture overload. I learned my hair is fine and likes protein.
gel (Carbomer based gels makes my hair hard)
Giovanni Direct Leave In - sits on my hair
Infusium 23- leaves my hair hard
NTM products especially the leave-in - did nothing for my hair
biotin - skin brokeout
Smooth n Shine serum - hair became to heavy/coated
Biosilk - hair became tangley and hard
Carol's Daughter - overpriced and does nothing for my hair

Elasta QP Mango Butter
Keracare Humecto Conditioner (tub)-work at first then turn on me
NTM Products
HE Hello Hydration Conditioner
S-Curl

based on these posts glad i haven't tried that henna stuff. my hair gets tangly when it gets dry. and i don't need either. i'm laughing at the person who was itching like dav chappel in her siggy :).

I have really dry hair (or I used to) and I haven't experienced any drying from henna. So don't be afraid to give it a try, just try mixing it without all the fancy additives but use lots of water instead. If you are really worried about it being drying, Indian ladies recommend coating your hair with oil first than using it but you won't get as much color this way if that is a concern.

My hair gets very tangly when dry too, it kind of sticks to itself. Every shampoo I have tried does this which is why I avoid poo whenever possible. Henna actually made my hair detangle easier. I wash my hair with a baking soda/honey mix, towel squeeze my hair, than apply the henna that I develop with water and some ACV. I plan to use just water in the future.

Rusk Sensories Smoother-not impressed, but I'll finish the bottle
ORS Replenishing Pack- It was just so so
Silicon Mix- same as above
MT/OCT-tore my hair up! But I am determined to somehow finish up the bottles. I'll just add them to my moisture DCs a little at a time.
Glycerin-the jury is still out on this one. It made my hair hard, but thats OK if I am rocking a bun. I hear that in the humid summer months it doesn't do that. So we'll see. But it won't ever be a staple for me.

-Humecto -just coats my hair does not moisturize at all
-ORS replenishing pack-I used this a while back and didn't get the hype
-Scurl-made my hair mushy
-wet bunning- mushy weak hair
-ms keys ten in one (dominican)-made my hair hard/dry
-anything by nexxus or joico- hard/dry hair
-carols daughter products

But on the flip side, I do use alot of other keracare products (just not that darn humecto), also love my denman brush, wild growth oil, and kemi oyl. I also love my caruso steam rollers. they are a life saver when i need a quick healthy style fix.

I have really dry hair (or I used to) and I haven't experienced any drying from henna. So don't be afraid to give it a try, just try mixing it without all the fancy additives but use lots of water instead. If you are really worried about it being drying, Indian ladies recommend coating your hair with oil first than using it but you won't get as much color this way if that is a concern.

My hair gets very tangly when dry too, it kind of sticks to itself. Every shampoo I have tried does this which is why I avoid poo whenever possible. Henna actually made my hair detangle easier. I wash my hair with a baking soda/honey mix, towel squeeze my hair, than apply the henna that I develop with water and some ACV. I plan to use just water in the future.

I've tried this with the light oiling, and henna has not helped with the detangling, even with using tea/water instead of acv, and oiling my hair beforehand. :( I think henna is a no-go for me. I used it last week and despite DCing several times, my hair still feels dry and is breaking. I haven't added anything new to my regimen so I think i'm going to have to just no-go it on the henna. :/ It could be the type I use, but I'm afraid to try another one so it can mess up my hair some more :ohwell:

i really cant tell whats working and not working on what im using now but nothing i have is really impressive

ojon (im gonna give it a chance and finish it because it was expensive)
ors pak- ruined my hair; left so much buildup made it hard as a rock and tangled
maybe ill finish the paks that i have by mixing with honey and evooo
nexxus therappe- doesnt make my hair that soft

Giovanni products
Suave Conditioner
Paul Mitchell Green Tea Shampoo/Condtioner
Coconut Oil
Garnier Fructis
Herbal Essences
Neutrogen Triple Moisture leave-in
Infusium 23
Dr. Bronner (left my hair hard)
Cholesterol Deep Conditioner
Jane Carter Solution Products
Cheapie Conditioner
KCCC
Mixed Chicks
Tresseme Conditioner
Dove Conditioner
Pantene Relaxed & Natural (made my hair feel like straw)
Brown Gel
Cantu Shea Butter leave-in
IC Fantasia Gel
MN
Silken Child
ORS hair moisturizer
Parnevu leave-in conditioner
aloe vera gel
--------------------------------------------------------------
Playing Kitchen Chemist
low manipulation
mixing different brand products
too many oils (they sit on my hair)

Last edited:
Silicon Mix - worked once then never again...the smell gave me a migraine :ohwell:

Giovanni Direct leave in - dry crunchy hair

Profectiv Break Free - :swearing:

Yes to Carrots Mask - :catfight:

Back