LHCF First Date Look Book

kweenameena

Can we start a look book with first date outfits...like a reference manual of sorts for those of us who are dating?

Just post pics and where you'd wear the outfit (ex: dinner, opera, movies, picnic) and perhaps post the season as well.

ETA: I figured I'd get more traffic in the relationship forum than the fashion forum since this is dressing for the relationship..in a sense.:look:

Dinner Date/Lounge (in the spring/summer)
kim_kardashian_reggie_bush_much_music_awards.jpg

^Reminds me of how men say outfits that women find "hot" and "styling" arent what THEY personally like. Men would probably be fine with that outfit

That said, did Kim cut her hair? She looks like a worn-out soccer mom in that pic.

^Reminds me of how men say outfits that women find "hot" and "styling" arent what THEY personally like. Men would probably be fine with that outfit

That said, did Kim cut her hair? She looks like a worn-out soccer mom in that pic.

LOL I don't have a problem with the outfit. Like I said the pattern is nice. But I've got boobies and I usually like to keep my girlies in check on the first date. No blatant cleavage at least. Its probably overly conservative, but that's just me.

Woah... hm... I have never worn heels on a first date... I try to go with low expectations... therefore, not too done up: no cleavage, no legs, no heels.
They're also always dressed down, actually.

Date 2 is when I start showing out... that's when the excitement comes... like: ooh! I really liked him! he's cuuuute!
Funny enough, they too dress up more for that.

Date 3 and up, I dress up... will wear heels and whatnot.

ETA: my thing is... if I don't want him touching or talking about my skin, then I'm not exposing it:lol: I'm chesty... so I don't want a guy staring or commenting on that for a while.

I do wear shapely stuff, though.

This thread is cute. I'll find pix.

Last edited:
Woah... hm... I have never worn heels on a first date... I try to go with low expectations... therefore, not too done up: no cleavage, no legs, no heels.
They're also always dressed down, actually.

Date 2 is when I start showing out... that's when the excitement comes... like: ooh! I really liked him! he's cuuuute!
Funny enough, they too dress up more for that.

Date 3 and up, I dress up... will wear heels and whatnot.

CarLiTa Where da pitchas?!

Hey...Nice to meet you! *giggle* (not sure of the location of the date but that's what it looks like she's saying in the pic:look:)
aldo-shoes-skinny-jeans-mango-jeans-red-gina-tricot-blazer_400.jpg

I wore this dress for Valentine's Day. the Lauren Conrad collection at Kohl's. It's on sale for $32. SO thought I looked great.

And I wore this cardigan from Target. $18.

13682881.jpg

i've worn a simple sun dress with minimal makeup on nearly every first date. if it's cold i wear tights/leggings and a thin layering shirt underneath.

i'm not a glam girl and i don't want to give guys the impression that i am.

Ditto. I'm polished... but not glam at all. These looks are extra glam! Hope this isn't just "date look" for those who intend to wear those outfits but more "everyday" stuff.

Anyway, I really need to contribute, don't I? :lol:

Is this first date only? or any #?

http://darkskinnedblackbeauty.tumblr.com/post/11948003171

You could find me in something like this in the summer time... With some cute sandals... likely flat, if it's a first date. If it's a second or third, then maybe heels.

Oh, minus the vibrant lip... I would wear very natural make-up.

http://goingtomakeitmine.tumblr.com/post/5847178787
this, I :love:

It would be a date with someone I am really excited about... this would be a date to do anything, really. dinner, lunch, brunch, long walk, museum, whatevs. Just outdoor and shining bright against my brown skin... no heavy activity, though.

http://goingtomakeitmine.tumblr.com/post/16830150872

this in the fall... though I have those pants, I've never worn them out on a date. Don't want to look too preppy... mostly cause I don't date super preppy guys... but the look is similar... coffee date.

http://goingtomakeitmine.tumblr.com/post/17266618487
Don't like the colors... but similar pieces. Minus, the hat... I think it's extra. Have fairly similar booties. I'd wear sweater tights or something, with a short dress, for a fall date to lawd knows what.

Last edited:
Great thread! I needed something like this last weekend. I wore a dress to a date and realized it was meant to be worn with a belt. Smh

Back