Let it grow out or chop it ALL off?!?!

InNeedofHairapy

Try to make a long story short:

Last relaxer was Dec 06. Mini-chopped along the way until July 09. Everytime my hair crept past BSL (stretched) I cut, citing some minor or even imaginary hair issue....:ohwell:

This past November, I suspected heat damage and was just frustrated with my hair so I decided I should chop all my hair off and start over.

I was hesitant to cut short, but figured that if I grabbed a clump of my hair and just cut it w/out thinking about it, I wouldn't change my mind......I changed my mind & started wearing 1/2 wigs.

3 months later I'm still wearing half wigs and have 2-3 inches in that little section. I feel so dumb (and it WAS dumb) and as it turns out, I didn't have heat damage, just needed to DC more (which I wasn't doing at all)

To give you an idea of what it looks like, since I'm NOT posting pics :lachen: I have a 3" curly TWA in a section about the size of a fist while the rest of my hair is to just above my shoulders unstretched...

Should I just cut all my hair off anyway & keep wearing wigs since that is working for me. OR should I just leave it alone & wear the 1/2 wigs until the 'patch' catches up?

Wow. Since I'm new to hair therapy and my cure all is to eat chocolate, I'll let the experts answer this one. Gurl, next time if your undecided put down the scissors and pick up some chocolate.

It's blendable MA2010, when straight & if I do wash n gos, but when I tried to do a twist out, my hair laughed at me

I say let it grow then.

Keep in mind I am a long term transitioner with no BC in sight until my natural hair can fit into a low ponytail. :look:

Back