Length Question

ooooh. there is a post somewhere on this board that shows a yearly growth chart. Can someone help me out?

thanx

virgogrlnxtdr, I would say anywhere between 5-7 inches longer than where it is now.

This information is compliments of HoneyRockette she did a post about it a while ago. It's great information!

[ QUOTE ]
Tppic131.jpg

The words on the picture are nothing we haven't heard before but if anyone wants to know, it says:
Take it from the top, and give your crowing glory and healthy head start with a regular scalp massage. Before you suds up, gently massage your scalp with small circular movements using the pads of your fingers - not your nails. This will relax muscles and rev up your circulation to make sure your hair gets all of the nutrients it needs.

The numbers of hairs on your head depend on hereditary factors. Blondes usually have the highest head count, with an average of 120,000 hairs. Brunettes come next with about 100,000 hairs per head, and redheads have the least with approximately 80,000.

Each hair has a life span of about 2 years: then it's pushed out to make way for a new hair to takes it's place. The means it's perfectly natural to count on losing 70 to 100 hairs a day.

Hair grows about half an inch a month (faster in the summer than the winter). This means that your hair grows as average six inches a year at the rate of about 1/60th of an inch a day. Unfortunately your genes govern the rate of growth, so there's nothing you can do to speed it up.

If your growing your hair the average length it'll reach is 18 to 24 inches. However if yours never seems to get past your shoulders it probably means that your hair has a slower growth rate, and a faster replacement cycle than those girls with super long hair.

Hair ends have been around the longest and therefore have been through more wear and tear than the rest of your hair. Treat your long locks to a mild shampoo. Also trimming won't make your hair grow faster, it will make hair look fuller, and get rid of uneven edges.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks HoneyRockette!
DSD

[ QUOTE ]
Hey ladies!
I have neck length hair, how long do you think it can get my the new year?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have about 4 months left, a little over---so I'd say, 2-3 inches. 4 inches if you're super lucky
trampoline.gif

Something must be up with my hair because looking at that chart,my hair should only be at about 12 inches. About 1 1/2 years ago my hair was SEVERLY damaged ( daily heat is EVIL) and was at about 6 inches.That's when I started wearing wigs. Now it's at 22 inches.

Back