Length check (pics)

Leeda.the.Paladin

I flat ironed my hair a few days ago and was disappointed to see that my hair doesn't look that much longer than almost a year ago. There has been some growth but I thought I'd be to waist length by now. Oh well. I have not been pampering my hair as I should, so I know the cause :)

Here are a few pictures of my last flat ironing experience. More pics in my fotki.

Blow out:
DSCN1168.jpg

DSCN1178.jpg

Pin Curls:
DSCN1191.jpg

DSCN1189.jpg

Results:
DSCN1205.jpg

image-278996545.jpg

Length check:
DSCN1211.jpg

Comparison from last year:
DSCN1211-1.jpg

Oh Ma,

Your hair looks so fresh and healthy. The texture is beautiful and length is fine for your height. Keep up the good work

KCcurly...You have absolutely gorgeous hair!!! Those pictures are inspiring. I have to disagree; you have gained some length. :)

so pretty! did you dye it? it's a very rich jet black....i will be so jealous if that's your natural hair color!!

so pretty! did you dye it? it's a very rich jet black....i will be so jealous if that's your natural hair color!!

Thanks! I think it looks darker than it is but no, I don't dye it. I am thinking about using some henna in the near future :look:

KCcurly...You have absolutely gorgeous hair!!! Those pictures are inspiring. I have to disagree; you have gained some length. :)

Thank you! It just doesn't feel that much longer, you know? I just kind of pictured that I would have another 3 inches or so. It's cool though, I'm pretty happy with my length right now.

Beautiful, beautiful hair. And I love the bouncy curls.

But I am a bit confused KCcurly. Your hair is much, much longer now than the comparison shot. Isn't where your index finger is lying near your hips? Why don't you think your WL? Where are you measuring WL to?

Congratulations on your fabulous progress.

Beautiful, beautiful hair. And I love the bouncy curls.

But I am a bit confused KCcurly. Your hair is much, much longer now than the comparison shot. Isn't where your index finger is lying near your hips? Why don't you think your WL? Where are you measuring WL to?

Congratulations on your fabulous progress.

Thank you, but it's really not that much longer. The tip is (maybe) right at my waistline. And really I should've stretched the hair in the first picture for an accurate comparison. The first picture also is hair that reverted a bit and wasn't as straight. I don't know, on my body it just feels like it's not as long.

You and your hair are gorgeous! And yes, it does appear longer. You have a very healthy head of hair. I love it!

It looks gorgeous and healthy. Can you please share your reggie and favourite products?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LHCF

Thank you, but it's really not that much longer. The tip is (maybe) right at my waistline. And really I should've stretched the hair in the first picture for an accurate comparison. The first picture also is hair that reverted a bit and wasn't as straight. I don't know, on my body it just feels like it's not as long.

Mm-hmm...say what now?...hmm, just as I thought.

*scribbles on notepad*

Here's your diagnosis: Hairnorexia

Your hair will probably be HL before it feels like WL to you.

:lol:

Your hair is so luscious!!

It looks gorgeous and healthy. Can you please share your reggie and favourite products?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LHCF

Thanks! Reggie: I pretty much stay in protective styles such as twists, and then I usually put the twists in a bun or updo. I also wear twist outs and put them in buns and updos. These days, I shampoo every 2-3 weeks followed by deep conditioning. I often oil rinse (olive oil, grapeseed oil). Trim as necessary. I style with butters and other moisturizers, rarely use gels. I will occasionally oil my scalp with a light oil such as grapeseed oil and seal with a light oil. I moisturize my twists with a spritz as needed.

Products? I'm a big PJ so I can't possibly name just one line though my go to deep conditioner is Lustrasilk Shea and Mango. I don't use 'cones (except when I straighten) and mostly stick to natural lines such as Bee Mine, Karen's Body Beautiful, stuff like that.

Mm-hmm...say what now?...hmm, just as I thought.

*scribbles on notepad*

Here's your diagnosis: Hairnorexia

Your hair will probably be HL before it feels like WL to you.

:lol:

Your hair is so luscious!!

LOL maybe I am crazy then.

Girl, I claimed WL when that one little piece of stretched hair grazed my waist while it was bone straight. :lachen::lachen: I don't know if anyone else ever saw it!

But anyhow, I see lots of growth and if you're not WL now, it's only a matter of time!

Back