Length check (pics)

I flat ironed my hair a few days ago and was disappointed to see that my hair doesn't look that much longer than almost a year ago. There has been some growth but I thought I'd be to waist length by now. Oh well. I have not been pampering my hair as I should, so I know the cause :)

Here are a few pictures of my last flat ironing experience. More pics in my fotki.

KCcurly see last yr you were midback and this yr you are waist length. big difference.

Your blow out is gorgeous. I think I am liking blow outs more and more above flat ironed hair. I also like that you didn't go bone straight on your flat iron and left body. Did you do this your self? What kind of flat iron/what temp, please?

Last edited:
virtuenow said:
Your blow out is gorgeous. I think I am liking blow outs more and more above flat ironed hair. I also like that you didn't go bone straight on your flat iron and left body. Did you do this your self? What kind of flat iron/what temp, please?

Girl my hair decides not to go bone straight, not me lol...I did do it myself , used my GVP (knock off of CHI) iron on a 4 (not sure what temp that is)

Your hair is gorgeous!! It is so thick, shiny, and healthy. Love it.

Random: Is that your natural hair color? It's so dark and no grey strands in sight. *sigh*

Gorgeous, lush, thick, velvety hair is what I think when I see your hair. Your length is great, sometimes our hair hits a resting phase or grows in shelves as I call it (the longest parts stop growing, or hit the resting phase in the hair growth cycle, while shorter areas hit a growth spurt).

Chicoro mentioned this in her Fotki length comparison pic captions. You're definitely doing something right!!! KUTGW Lady!

Your hair is gorgeous!! It is so thick, shiny, and healthy. Love it.

Random: Is that your natural hair color? It's so dark and no grey strands in sight. *sigh*

Thank you! Yes, it's my natural hair color. I actually have always had some grey, with more coming in the last year or so :look:

KCcurly, your hair is so gorgeous! Thick and beautiful with the cute little curlies on the side...Love!!

I think you are WL but let me just say I know what you're feeling. My hair felt like it hasn't budged in months. What gives???? Maybe it's in the "resting" phase. *sigh*

Back