:::LEAVE IN CONDITIONERS:::

Hi there,

First, your braided style is beautiful. Do you mind me asking what it is called? I would love to recreate it when my hair is long enough for braids. Currently, I am using and loving AG Hair cosmetics fast food leave on conditioner. It is a creamy leave in and along with Silken Child moisturizing creme have been keeping my hair moisturized. When I first got it from a lovely member here in a swap, I immediately mixed it with glycerin and aloe vera gel that I purchased from camden grey. This mixture is amazing, as well.

I use KeraCare and MOP which is not to thick not to heavy, just right. Smells good and great slip and aids in detangling. However its all in what you looking for. It took me awhile to find a leave in conditioner that was just right for me.

I use Pul Mitchell the cream and MOP leave-in. I am natural. When I was relaxed I did not like the cream on my hair it was too heavy but it is perfect now my hair is natural

I am using Green Grape Leave-In from SheScentIt, which I like a lot. I am also waiting to try Oyin's Juice and Berries and Greg Juice.

I use Giovanni Direct Leave-In, I like the creamy texture for leave-ins. I've used this for several months now. Eventually I'm sure my PJism will kick in & I will change what is working...:look:..my DH thinks I'm nuts.

• Made with plant nutrients and pure essential oils to add body and shine and protect the scalp and hair from damaging elements.
  • Nourishing Herbal Blends are formulated for the unique needs of your hair type
  • Aloe Vera and wheat amino acids help detangle and moisturize hair, deeply conditions with out weighing down hair
  • Anti-Static Complex helps reduce frizz and improve manageability
  • gentle & clarifying for all hair types (leave-in or rinse-out)

Kearacare!!
I used this last night. My hair was so mositurized I didnt put anything else. My hair also turned out very shiny.

I have been using Paul Mitchell The Conditioner for the past 3 years and I love it.

I am texturized and when I started a thread on this topic a while back, a member recommended Paul Mitchell The Conditioner. It is now my staple...won't live without it. Great shine, conditioning, and just heavy enough for my hair texture :drunk:

Hi there,

First, your braided style is beautiful. Do you mind me asking what it is called? I would love to recreate it when my hair is long enough for braids. Currently, I am using and loving AG Hair cosmetics fast food leave on conditioner. It is a creamy leave in and along with Silken Child moisturizing creme have been keeping my hair moisturized. When I first got it from a lovely member here in a swap, I immediately mixed it with glycerin and aloe vera gel that I purchased from camden grey. This mixture is amazing, as well.
Thank you! My friend calls it the Big Braid, even though its 4 braids. There's 4 packs of hair in there, 1 pack per braid. They're under braids, not sure if you've seen any ladies with the style, but most of them wear the braids going down there backs. I just had my friend bun mine for me.

And thank you for answering the question.

I love a dominican leave in called Nacidit Leave in conditioner. It is really good. It makes my roller sets soooo soft. It's not expensive at all.

I use Redken Real Control Leave-In when I wear my hair straight. And Herbal Essence's Long Term Relationship Leave-In whenever I do anything else.

Redken's Butter Treat (not supposed to be a leave in, but I leave it in b/c it leaves my hair extremely soft) and Redken's Smooth Down Heavy Cream.

i use and love paul mitchell moisture mist, ojon revitalizing mist, and aphogee pro vitamin leave in.
for rollersets i use salerm 21 and for wash and go's istill use the pm moisture mist but then i add a creamy leave in like PM the conditioner or carols daughter hair milk.

I honestly have been scared of leave in conditioners. I was misinformed and told that if left in for long periods of time they can break your hair...anyone heard this....?:ohwell:

I honestly have been scared of leave in conditioners. I was misinformed and told that if left in for long periods of time they can break your hair...anyone heard this....?:ohwell:

Nope never heard of it.

Not true.

We're not talking about simply leaving in any old conditioner. :lachen:

We're (for the post part) talking about conditioners that are made to leave in the hair after you've washed out the regular conditioner that you may use.

It might be a protein based leave-in or moisture based. Most people that I've seen use moisture based leave-ins.

It helps with manageability, shine, detangliing, increases the moisture level and overall health of your hair.

I NEVER skip a leave-in. NEVER. When I did...:nono:

Redken's Butter Treat (not supposed to be a leave in, but I leave it in b/c it leaves my hair extremely soft) and Redken's Smooth Down Heavy Cream.
Butter treat can be used as a leave in, I was going to go back to that too, thanks for the reminder, the all soft heavy cream though is more protein , how does you hair do with leaving it in? I love them both:yep:

Thank you! My friend calls it the Big Braid, even though its 4 braids. There's 4 packs of hair in there, 1 pack per braid. They're under braids, not sure if you've seen any ladies with the style, but most of them wear the braids going down there backs. I just had my friend bun mine for me.

And thank you for answering the question.

thanks Anew! It is a really pretty style! How long do you plan on keeping the style in?

ETA: Did you get the style from somewhere online? I am printing off the pic that you have to show the braider the back but wanted to know if you had a picture of the front, by chance?

Last edited:
Back