Leave-in Conditioner Recommendations?

*Muffin*

I'm searching for a leave-in conditioner, preferably one that's free of -cones (my hair doesn't like them). Lately my hair has been feeling slightly on the dry side and it's probably because I need a good leave-in. Any suggestions? TIA.

Last edited:
I would recomend NTM silk and touch any day :yep:

it works so well for my hair, and I've pretty much only heard good results from anyone who has used it :)

I would've also recommend NTM Silk Touch because this is what I use. But you said your hair doesn't like cones, and NTM has two cones very high on the list (2nd and 3rd ingredients). Just letting you know, you may wanna stay away from it...

Keracare Oil Moisturizer worked well for me, but it has mineral oil, lanolin, and petroleum. :perplexed Don't know if your hair responds badly to those ingredients (mine doesn't) but it moisturizes very well and gives a lot of shine!

NTM has cones- the third ingredient is Dimethicone- which is why I don't use it

Two faves that I KNOW do not have cones are Giovanni Direct and Bumble and Bumble leave in

I have many leave-in conditioners and among the best ones are believe it or not Profectiv Anti-Tangle Leave-in Conditioner, Salerm 21 B5, Lacio Lacio, Salerm 21, and Kenra Daily Defense lightweight leave-in conditioner. My degree of love for the above is in the order I placed them.

When I mix 50% of my Kenra daily defense with 50% of Care Free Curl Gold moisturizing spray, this makes an excellent daily moisturizer especially for braids and/or weaves. I use it on my relaxed hair daily. It's mmmm, mmmm, good:lick:.

Giovanni Direct -Organic plant Protein( no cones)***
Salerm21(best moisturizer for my ends)Ceramides Techno
Lasio Lasio(my best roller sets)Ceramides Techno
Protectiv Break Free (strengthner) ***
*:yep:*
Works best on my "fine" strands !!!!

Salerm 21/Salerm 21 B5 are my staples.... And I just added Herbal Essences to the mix, their Break's Over leave-in is FAAAABULOUS!!!! I've even been using it as my daily moisturizer and then seal with coconut oil (YUMMY smells coming from my head).:yep::lick::yep:

I would've also recommend NTM Silk Touch because this is what I use. But you said your hair doesn't like cones, and NTM has two cones very high on the list (2nd and 3rd ingredients). Just letting you know, you may wanna stay away from it...

Keracare Oil Moisturizer worked well for me, but it has mineral oil, lanolin, and petroleum. :perplexed Don't know if your hair responds badly to those ingredients (mine doesn't) but it moisturizes very well and gives a lot of shine!

:drunk: Aww...Thanks for your concern:yep: I'm actually liking the ingredients in Giovanni's Direct, it's just that I don't know what store I can go to buy it. For the ladies that use Giovanni's Direct Leave-in, where do you purchase yours from?

for FoxieRoxienyc: I didn't know that herbal essences made a leave-in. I'm going to have to look into that, too. Thanks.

:drunk: Aww...Thanks for your concern:yep: I'm actually liking the ingredients in Giovanni's Direct, it's just that I don't know what store I can go to buy it. For the ladies that use Giovanni's Direct Leave-in, where do you purchase yours from?

I've seen it in Whole Foods.

for FoxieRoxienyc: I didn't know that herbal essences made a leave-in. I'm going to have to look into that, too. Thanks.

I get mine from Vitamin Shoppe and some health food stores.

Whole Foods and most health food stores! Major food chain stores are also stocking it in their vitimin and natural/organic products section.:yep:

My new favorite is Joyce Williams Hair Food it been in heavy rotation.
I also like Lacio Lacio and Salerm 21 B5 for rollersets and airdrying.

It's usually at a health food store. The best prices I've seen are at the Vitaman Shoppe. :) I also use Nexus Headress and Biolage Leave-in Hair Tonic.

Back