Ladies Who Wear Hair Down Every or Most days - Best Products for Hair and Ends

star

Since your wear you hair down every day or most days what is the best products for protecting hair and ends without weighing it down. I still want to have bounce and shine. Thanks :grin:

I use a serum called MegaHertz by Softsheen...it's great for shine and my ends. It's just the right consistancy for not weighing down the hair but also sealing in moisture...I love it!

biosilk shine serum its great and doesn't weigh the hair down, also Relax daily replensher by John Freida. Its so great :D

Saw your hair in your album. Simply beautiful. But how do you use these products on wet hair then blow dry or what? Thanks :)

JenniferMD said:
I use a serum called MegaHertz by Softsheen...it's great for shine and my ends. It's just the right consistancy for not weighing down the hair but also sealing in moisture...I love it!

Last edited:
Your hair has so much shine. How do you use these products on wet hair? :)
lkg4healthyhair said:
biosilk shine serum its great and doesn't weigh the hair down, also Relax daily replensher by John Freida. Its so great :D

Hey Star! I use the serum on dry hair in the morning before leaving the house and at night before I wrap it up in a silk scarf. I don't blow dry my hair so if I were using it on wet hair I would use it after my conditioner and let it air dry. :)

star said:
Saw your hair in your album. Simple beautiful. But how do you use these products on wet hair then blow dry or what? Thanks :)

I use a good leave-in: Nexxus Humectress mixed with either Lacio-lacio or a dab of Sebastian Potion No. 9.

After hair is dry and my roots are blown straight, I add a little Perfect For Perms headressing. If I need a little sprucing up, I spritz a little Proclaim in my palm and work it threw my hair (I never spray this stuff directly, because it's too heavy, don't like my hair weighed down and since it's already thick, it's prone to being flat).

Thanks to all the ladies and Webby I like your regime too, thanks for sharing your routine. :grin:

webby said:
I use a good leave-in: Nexxus Humectress mixed with either Lacio-lacio or a dab of Sebastian Potion No. 9.

After hair is dry and my roots are blown straight, I add a little Perfect For Perms headressing. If I need a little sprucing up, I spritz a little Proclaim in my palm and work it threw my hair (I never spray this stuff directly, because it's too heavy, don't like my hair weighed down and since it's already thick, it's prone to being flat).

I usually use Humectress if my hair feels dry. It usually doesn't though because I wash twice each week.

I use Verifen Constant Care for Ends on my ends daily.

well, i moisturize at night with either shapley's mtg or shealoe butter- i alternate nites and cove my head with a plastic baggie and i condition wash in the a.m. in the shower. I am 100% natural.

I use Infusium 23 Leave-In and Nexxus Headress with EVOO added while my hair is still wet after my daily CO washes. I also spray on some S-Curl "No Drip" roots to ends. I put Profectiv Healthy Ends on the ends while my hair is still wet. After its air dried, I spray a little more S-Curl into my hands and rub it throughout my hair.

At night, I use Nexxus Botanic Oil all over, Profectiv Healthy Ends on my ends (again) and Profectiv Growth n' Healing on my edges. I usually clip my hair up during the day to keep the moisture in after its dried, but I let it air-dry hanging down.

JenniferMD said:
when do you apply it?

Thanks ladies for all your help. I feel more confident now to wear my hair down without experiencing breakage. :D

I wear my hair down pretty much every day. However, my hair is rarely dry feeling, even during the winter. I rollerset my hair using Rusk Smoother leave in or Nioxin Reflectives Smoothing leave in and I may use Salerm Superactivo also on my wet hair. With this combination of products my hair remains moisturized until my next wash (5-7 days later). However, if I need a little help during the week, i may use a little olive oil on the ends. That seems to do the trick!

Thanks, roller set is next for me. I am going to try your combination after I get some caruso rollers. Do you use paper with the rollers? How long do set under the dryer? You put the leave in wet hair then roll and set under dryer. I am looking for staight look after my rollerset.

Chaya said:
I wear my hair down pretty much every day. However, my hair is rarely dry feeling, even during the winter. I rollerset my hair using Rusk Smoother leave in or Nioxin Reflectives Smoothing leave in and I may use Salerm Superactivo also on my wet hair. With this combination of products my hair remains moisturized until my next wash (5-7 days later). However, if I need a little help during the week, i may use a little olive oil on the ends. That seems to do the trick!

star said:
Thanks, roller set is next for me. I am going to try your combination after I get some caruso rollers. Do you use paper with the rollers? How long do set under the dryer? You put the leave in wet hair then roll and set under dryer. I am looking for staight look after my rollerset.
Rollersetting is a good idea in my opinon. My hair has really thrived this way. I used to use the caruso rollers often but they just frizz my ends it seems. After washing and deep conditioning my hair, I put leave in first followed with
a serum SOMETIMES. I use purple or gray magnetic rollers without papers. I sit under the dryer about 1.5 hours. I get straight roots with curly non-frizzed ends. My hair is left moisturized and shiney for about one week!

lkg4healthyhair said:

I saw Biosilk Shine Serum at the BSS and was wondering if this works. I'm gonna have to try this :)

Thank to you all ladies. Chaya, Thanks I do have toss up with rollers but I can't wait to roller set my hair. :look:

Chaya said:
Rollersetting is a good idea in my opinon. My hair has really thrived this way. I used to use the caruso rollers often but they just frizz my ends it seems. After washing and deep conditioning my hair, I put leave in first followed with
a serum SOMETIMES. I use purple or gray magnetic rollers without papers. I sit under the dryer about 1.5 hours. I get straight roots with curly non-frizzed ends. My hair is left moisturized and shiney for about one week!

Back