best product to add moisture to DRY hair w/o weighing it down

I get the most swang when I use a nice moisturizing, thick cream as a leave-in on my wet hair and just use oil after that until wash day. I know every one says "waterbased everyday", but I really don't need that. My hair is never dry either. If anything, my hair gets overmoisturized too often. Even after 5 or 6 days post wash my hair still has body and moves when I walk.

Edited to add:

I can't just use any oil for this. Emu oil has worked for me. Butters like Hemp and others have worked. But the ultimate best for me is Nasabbs Kelechi oil. That is all I use between washes - given that I use a moisturizer as a leave in. I use my Kelechi oil every other day or less.

Boy, those sure are some exotic oils you mentioned! I don't think I've ever heard of them.

I'll probably start with the NTM and try a couple of the other products (and those oils) in a little while.

--Jane Carters Revitalizing Leave In Conditioner (for wet/damp hair but can be sprayed lightly on dry hair and it works great).
--Carols Daughter Hair Milk (USE ONLY A LITTLE..or dilute it with a little water..it works great)
--Abba Nourishing Leave In
--Jane Carter Hair Nourishing Cream

My sister just introduced me to the Jane Carter Products. She's natural 3c/4a and has beautiful, long hair that she wears in neat twists. She told me that these products are the only ones she uses on her hair now. I'm a believer because I've used the products a couple of times now and love them:yep:. I found them at The Vitamin Shoppe.

I'm still looking for one but for now, I just use S-Curl and a braidspray and seal that with an oil. Also don't forget that the baggie methods has worked wonders for some people here.

S-Curl. I always use this when I want my hair to be moisturized but still be bouncy and not weighed down. My hair is fine and this is the only moisturizer that dosen't weigh me down.

I use Giovann Direct Leave-in or Garnier Sleek and Shiny Leave-in very lightyly and follow up with a mist mixture of JBCO/ Coconut oil water ... using it all very lighty... Even the best if used with a heavy hand will weigh your hair down... HTH

Back