Ladies who BCD and had TWAs what did U do

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
My search for style variety has no bounds. I was wondering if anyone did styles to their twas and how did they do it? Right now my back is longer so I can twist it, but the front is short. I am trying to spice up my TWA and I'm so close to being able to do a compete protective style. I love my natural hair, but I'm so sick of WNGS.:rolleyes::grin:

my front was shorter too so I used to cornrow or flat twist the front and let the back stay out in its own little puff

I am subscribing to this thread. I need styles too. I went and bought a whole bunch of headbands yesterday in the hope of being able to do something with my hair.

subscribing as well! The only problem is I'm completely bald at the moment!!

Then have fun with accessories and makeup and hats, even scarves tied to look like hats...and they don't have to cover your head completely. If your hair is too short to hold a flower, then wrap a pretty scarf headband style and tie a bow to the side (small one, not overbearing) then fluff it out to look like a flower. You can get image of "flower" I'm talking about by looking at the "flower at the back of my head" or "the flower in the front and on the side" where I'm thinking of putting yours, although mine are way too big. A small scarf will create a small and cute one and suit a TWA/bald head nicely. Wear hoops and make up that ties the scarf and outfit--the whole look--together and watch others start considering to shaving their heads off too to rock that look. :grin:

Looking at models with short hair in magazines will also help you get ideas of how to work it.

From the moment I could twist my hair I wore SILK scarves...However, I would be very cautious in doing so. I was wearing them too tight and as a result it broke off my hairline something serious. :wallbash:

From the moment I could twist my hair I wore SILK scarves...However, I would be very cautious in doing so. I was wearing them too tight and as a result it broke off my hairline something serious. :wallbash:

One way to avoid that is to tie them lower on your forehead. For those of us with FIVE-heads, this isn't so hard to do coz it's not like there's any dread that your eyebrows will disappear under the scarf. :grin:

i twist my hair (as much as i can) and wrap it with a scarf. then i cowash and rock a twist out, my hair isnt too long, but it does the job!

i use bra straps as head bands, i buy all sorts of headbands and i use flowers from time to time.

Thanks everyone! Can someone tell me how you put the flowers in your hair? I think that style is awesome!:drunk:

Then have fun with accessories and makeup and hats, even scarves tied to look like hats...and they don't have to cover your head completely. If your hair is too short to hold a flower, then wrap a pretty scarf headband style and tie a bow to the side (small one, not overbearing) then fluff it out to look like a flower. You can get image of "flower" I'm talking about by looking at the "flower at the back of my head" or "the flower in the front and on the side" where I'm thinking of putting yours, although mine are way too big. A small scarf will create a small and cute one and suit a TWA/bald head nicely. Wear hoops and make up that ties the scarf and outfit--the whole look--together and watch others start considering to shaving their heads off too to rock that look. :grin:

Looking at models with short hair in magazines will also help you get ideas of how to work it.

Thanks for the great ideas. I really like the scarf idea :)

Himm...

While my hair was EXTREMELY short (about an inch or less), a few times I did the Josephine Baker type style using gel. Once it grew too long for that as a change up style, I did some twist sets (which still looked a lot like wash n gos, but lasted all week...I do have a photo of one of these in my fotki). I did the twists in the front and left the back out as well. At that stage, you can dress it up with scarves too, but sorry to say, there aren't may options until you get a few inches. Then you can do comb coils and curly twists/twistout styles.

Back