Ladies that self-relax, Where do you buy your relaxer?

MissMusic

I want to get into self relaxing. I've been diligently practicing with conditioner, and doinig lots of research. I was wondering where you buy your relaxers? (as most beauty supply stores require a liscence to buy chemical product)s. Also, what relaxer do you use? Thx lots!:grin:

Last edited:
I want to get into self relaxing. I've been diligently practicing with conditioner, and doinig lots of research. I was wondering where you buy your relaxers? (as most beauty supply stores require a liscence to buy chemical product)s. Also, what relaxer do you use? Thx lots!:grin:

?? Huh ??

I've been buying relaxer for 20 years and I've NEVER not been able to walk into ANY beauty supply store and buy relaxer.

Wow, guess I've been misinformed!

You don't need a license. A long time ago at Sally Beauty, there were some products that you supposedly needed a beauticians card to purchase but that seemed to only apply to "Professional" grade products. There are manyyyyyyyy at home self-relax kits available. Sally, BSS, Walmart, CVS, etc. No license required. :grin:

P. S. I use Optimum Regular No-Lye No Breakage Formula.

I get relaxers from Sally's, Walgreens, Wal-Mart and CVS. I've never stuck with one brand, I like trying new things

I buy my Mizani Butterblend online from payne's beauty supply. I've gotten silk elements and motions from Sally's and ORS lye and Affirm from local BSS. The Affrim I bought was from a BSS that had a salon in the back. Other box relaxers I've bought from Walmart or Walgreens.

I use the Optimum Relaxer and I have been for years. I learned from Cathy Howse that switching relaxers was bad for you hair. But I buy my from Walgreens usually.

?? Huh ??

I've been buying relaxer for 20 years and I've NEVER not been able to walk into ANY beauty supply store and buy relaxer.

I believe she is refering to lye relaxers. No-lye you can get from any BSS but lye you can't, especially the more professional ones like Affirm, Mizani, etc.

I believe she is refering to lye relaxers. No-lye you can get from any BSS but lye you can't, especially the more professional ones like Affirm, Mizani, etc.

They have a store in my mall called Beauty Mode, that sell both of these relaxers. I believe these two are getting easier to find. my local Bss also sells these as well. i think it just depends on your location. the only one i have not seen in stores is the Design essentials relaxer. i had to order mine off ebay

I purchase Designer Touch Sensitive Scalp Formula from the Asian-owned BSS. They only sell boxes with two or four jars inside.

I get relaxers from Sally's, Walgreens, Wal-Mart and CVS. I've never stuck with one brand, I like trying new things

When I relaxed, I did the same thing. I've found lye and no lye relaxers at the BSS. But at a BSS in Oakland, I could buy the buckets!! (which were lye).

Back