Ladies talk me down...

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I haven't had a relaxer since October and I am trying to go until April. Right now I am on the wig challenge so I figured in January it doesn't make sense to get a relaxer when I am not wearing my hair out. All I am doing in moisturizing daily and washing and dc weekly sometimes more so there isn't a sense to relax right. I don't have a lot of breakage and I see my hair improving so what's the problem?

I so want the straight feeling. I am tired of my hair and I want to relax so bad but at the same time I want to do this 6 months for once without giving in. So ladies please talk me down from relaxing. I know that my hair will be much better in April than it was and I should have some growth. My hair grows so slow that I may have 2 inches by then but I will take that gladly.

You can do it!! February is 2 weeks away from being over. After that, you only need to worry about rocking your wig through March. Think about how you're gonna want to swish that freshly relaxed hair in the warm(er) month of April. If you're tired on the wig, what about getting cornrows done? (Maybe a friend or a neighbor so you don't have to pay that much.) You can get the cornrows with designs (not the straightback ones, I don't like those too much.) You can also try half wigs and just flat iron the front. Whatever you do....DON'T RELAX!! You are too close to your goal!You don't want April to come around and say "Oh Man! I could have waited!" April will be here sooner than you think! Good luck!!

Unless you cant use heat in the challenge...... Girrrrrl, give yourself a good DC, apply whatever product works for softening up your NG, use a good heat protectant (I suggest Chi Silk Infusion for taming the hell out of it and to get it super straight w/ swang), and flat iron her. Or roller set and blow out your roots or flat iron them - whatever method works for you, and saran wrap.

At night moisturize and cross wrap and it will keep that fresh look until your next wash. That's what I do once I'm deep in my stretch, works for me, but then again I've never gone six months, just 3 months. Rock it til your next wash so that you can at least get that itch to relax out of your system. Then maybe do the braids to rock under your wig until March flies by. You can do it, you're soooo close!:yep::yawn:

u better not relax!!!!!! April is right around the corner

I'm @ 13 weeks post right now, and Im going til april as well. (I'm breaking a record.)

U will be so proud of yourself when u reach april. Don't quit now! Lets both have something to look forward to:yep:

Thanks girl,

I am trying to stay away from heat. It was my over use of heat in the fall that got me in trouble :grin:. I just may wash and flat iron my hair for a minute and move on. I am going to go to April. " I think I can, I think I can, I think I can" :lachen:

Unless you cant use heat in the challenge...... Girrrrrl, give yourself a good DC, apply whatever product works for softening up your NG, use a good heat protectant (I suggest Chi Silk Infusion for taming the hell out of it and to get it super straight w/ swang), and flat iron her. Or roller set and blow out your roots or flat iron them - whatever method works for you, and saran wrap.

At night moisturize and cross wrap and it will keep that fresh look until your next wash. That's what I do once I'm deep in my stretch, works for me, but then again I've never gone six months, just 3 months. Rock it til your next wash so that you can at least get that itch to relax out of your system. Then maybe do the braids to rock under your wig until March flies by. You can do it, you're soooo close!:yep::yawn:

Thanks ladies for the replies. I am just so bored with my hair right now, but I am going to do everything that I can to make it to April

As long as your hair isnt breaking, I would keep stretching. I am trying to learn to take care of my natural texture but I get a lot of breakage if I stretch too long so I go ahead and relax. I get tired of ppl lookin at me like Im crazy when I stretch too long anyway :perplexed

LadyR, I am sooooooo feeling you. I am at the same point you are at. But like the other ladies said......April is right around the corner, so stay strong........GOOD LUCK!

dont do it, i relaxed my hair 8 weeks post when i was trying to go at east 12, and i totally regret it, think of the results you will have in the end!!!

I too am trying to stretch until April only b/c 1) I want that shocking length (it'll be a 5 month stretch then) 2) it's my b-day in April and that'll be a great b-day gift for myself :grin:

think of the results you will have in the end!!!

what they said:yep:

Back