FINE HAIR LADIES - CAN WE TALK?

I use Vitale. The relaxer is called Vitale Ideal, it is the mild formula. I've never tried Vitale Life and Body, I figured a regular strength relaxer is to strong for fine hair.

Have any of you used the maxiglide? I'm 16 weeks post relaxer with fine, chin-length, 4b hair. I don't want to relax anymore and wanted to try pressing my hair instead. Does the maxiglide only work well with long, thick hair?

delp said:
Affirm fiberguard no-lye caused shedding but no burns
Affirm lye-mild, burned /left hair underprocessed because could not leave it on long.
Mizani lye-burned, hair stuck to head for days.
Only thing that worked for me,
Vitale Life and Body "iN the BLUE and WHite Jar"-the original formula.
If your read and research about this particular product I think you will be pleased at what most people have to say. Not just on this site. Take care.

I am not a hair expert but I have dermatitis/Very sensitive scalp--My dermatologist told me I could never have a relaxer again. Vitale proved her wrong.

My next perm is going to be Vitale. I use Affirm lye and it did not burn me, so I am excited to see what results I can get relaxing at home with Vitale.

It is on 32nd, but nearest recognizable street name is 34th st. because of Macy's, it is literally like 5 stores up from MSG entrance on 32nd... I think it is 29.99 there...

As I noticed this weekend, the one on 105th is only 21.99, because I seen price tag on my tub, and it is a regular BSS, and they sell to any and everyone

Last edited:
For relaxers I have used and liked Gentle Treatment which I still use now (because it's hard to get top quality relaxers here in Germany). I have used Mizani and PCJ for adults. I really loved PCJ because of the gel that you apply before applying the color alert shampoo.

The only hair products that I love are Nexxus. I use Carol's Daughter and Aubrey's Organic right now. The shampoos are drying but the conditioners are really good. I want to get with one line and stick with it. I'm trying to use all natural products but like I said they are drying.

Any suggestions?

I want to chime in and ask another question, but before I do so, I will answer the question at hand. I get my hair relaxed (professionally) with the Essations brand relaxer. Haven't had any adverse affects. I am sure it is mild too.

My question for you ladies, is what types of products (shampoos, conditioners, or whatever) do you use to add volume to you hair. I try not to use too many products since it will weigh my hair down, but I want to appear to have volume. I am a 3 something (either B or C) and my hair is almost just too fine. I'm at 13 weeks and have a lot of shrinkage, but because my hair is fine, when it's wet, from the roots having all the new growth, my hair is almost up to my shoulder blades and looks like about 4 or 5 little sprigs of long hair, although is actuality, my hair is about 1 inch from brastrap....That's the part I am dreading about going to get my touch up b/c the hair will be VERY fine and it will be hard to add volume. Any suggestions?

Back