Ladies in Europe

^^^ You know me I canny resist :lol:

While I wash in Thailand I got the most amazing keratin masque and egg and honey egg masque. There are no nasty ingredients - just all pure and natural - great for a good protein kick :yep: Unfortunately I left them in Phnom Penh :ohwell:

I have run out of moisture DC tho as a I only packed a few ORS Replenishing paks thinking I would be out here for 1 month. I am in the back water of Cambodia in a town called Battambang but luckily I managed to hunt down some Pantene Moisturising masque (which is not half bad). So anyway I have dc'd on dry hair with the last of my Aphogee 2 minute and followed up with the Pantene which I will leave in overnight so we shall see tomorow morning how that goes....

oh wow sounds amazng! what are u doing in Thailand/Cambodia ?

and my most amazing find has been lush jasmine and henna frizzy treatment. omg it's sublime!! but ur moisturizing treatmnt sounds delish! can't believe u forgot it!! u could have brought enough for us lhcf pjs lol lol :lachen:

^^^ Ooh you making me jealous - you know I can't get lush here.....

I am travelling (and working) with the DH at the moment. We started in Bangkok then Koh Samui then back to Bangkok and then flew from Phuket to Syndey then back to Phuket for a week and then onto Phnom Pehn and then onto Battambang and then back to Phnom Pehn and then onto Kampot before finally heading back to Phnom Pehn and then onto Bangkok and Hong Kong and then back to Bangkok back to Paris for a week or so before heading back home.

Can't wait to taste some Nigerian food again :lick:....

Hey ladies, anyone know where to purchase cellophane or clear rinses- I wanna get my shine on this summer! I've tried Paks in finsbury Pk and ebay to no avail (unless I'm using the wrong keyword).
TIA

Sounds very glam Stella! :)

Hey ladies, anyone know where to purchase cellophane or clear rinses- I wanna get my shine on this summer! I've tried Paks in finsbury Pk and ebay to no avail (unless I'm using the wrong keyword).
TIA

I use the Frederic Fekkai Salon Glaze which is very good (although not used it lately) but it's expensive and you can probably get just a good products for cheaper. There is a huge thread on here about clear rinses. :yep:

ETA: Not quite the huge thread I'm thinking of but it has some different options. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=367565&highlight=fekkai+salon+glaze

I should ask my mum, I bought her some WEN for Christmas, but it's probably still laying in the box unopened. :rolleyes:

Thank you! Do you know if it contains sodium chloride? My hair is BKT'd so I need to stay away from products which have it.

No i dont think so. Here's the ingredient list:

Key Ingredients
Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrolyzed Wheat, Protein, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 60, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Amodimethicone, Citric Acid, Menthol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum, Limonene)

Glycerin: provides moisturizing benefits to the hair. One of the best humectants and has natural moisturizing properties.
Chamomile Extract: designed to help add sheen and highlights. Used for its soothing, calming properties.
Cherry Bark: designed to bring out color, shine & softness in all shades of natural and color-treated hair. Formulated to help with the manageability of your hair.
Rosemary Extract: designed to condition, tone and strengthen hair. Is an invigorating toner and astringent.
Panthenol: helps to promote and restore resilience. A penetrating moisturizer that plumps the hair shaft to make it appear thicker. Designed to reduce split ends, smooth, strengthen and seal in moisture.
Sweet almond oil: designed to contribute conditioning and glide to hair, as well as a conditioned feel to the skin. Softens, soothes and is an excellent moisturizer for the hair.

^^^ Have you looked into the Hair One? That has had good reviews also and some people even like it more than Wen?

I got a sample pack from PAKS - need to use it....

^^^ Have you looked into the Hair One? That has had good reviews also and some people even like it more than Wen?

I got a sample pack from PAKS - need to use it....

Really you got Hair One from paks? I did a search for it on some UK sites and couldnt find it.

Yep I am sure it was there or maybe another local BSS - they gave me some sample packets trying to draw me in and all. I have defo seen it somewhere tho. Will report back when I get to London.

Yeah, the Paks in my area had a lot of them and Juliet's in Harlesden sell them too.

I think it was £4.99 (not 100% sure).

I usually go to the Paks in Finsbury Park, is that near you? I've never been to Juliet's. The starter kit sells for about 24.95. I dont know how much it costs individually. My sister was gonna send it over from Miami.

On curlmart the 16oz is sold for roughly £18.35, while the 6 oz is sold for roughly £9.17.

I usually go to the Paks in Finsbury Park, is that near you? I've never been to Juliet's. The starter kit sells for about 24.95. I dont know how much it costs individually. My sister was gonna send it over from Miami.

On curlmart the 16oz is sold for roughly £18.35, while the 6 oz is sold for roughly £9.17.

I normally go to Paks in Harlesden but I can hop on the tube and get to Finsbury Park. I want to go to the north London Paks because I've heard a lot about it.

Wow, the Wen in a bit too pricey. I love my hair but I like to keep things cheap and simple. Well Mimi, give us a review of the Wen and maybe I might change my mind. But because of the price, I doubt it (unless it comes with a lump of gold :grin:).

Another question, who's tried Jane Carter's Nourish and Shine? If so, how was it and where did you get it from?

I normally go to Paks in Harlesden but I can hop on the tube and get to Finsbury Park. I want to go to the north London Paks because I've heard a lot about it.

Wow, the Wen in a bit too pricey. I love my hair but I like to keep things cheap and simple. Well Mimi, give us a review of the Wen and maybe I might change my mind. But because of the price, I doubt it (unless it comes with a lump of gold :grin:).

Another question, who's tried Jane Carter's Nourish and Shine? If so, how was it and where did you get it from?

Well, next time I'm in London, I'll head over to Paks and buy a bottle...thanks Gabrielle!

I've tried Nourish and Shine, its nice. I got it while I was in Florida. It's a bit like shea butter with oils and stuff. I didnt feel oh so excited about it. I still have some here if you want a
sample. :yep:

Looks like it's now being sold in the UK: http://www.tresses2die4.co.uk/products/cat_218385-Nourish-Shine-4oz.html

Last edited:
I used Hair One for a year (bought from Pak in Dalston and, Jinny in Seven Sisters).

I liked how it felt on my hair but, not my scalp. The build up caused my hair to shed more and felt itchy.

Now using Shampoo Bars which my hair and scalp love:grin:.

Don't let that deter you, it's just my experience. Try a sample package to see if you like it like PR suggested before committing yourself

Last edited:
^^^^ Shampoo Bars? Enlighten me please?

Shampoo Bars (I used several in rotation but, it should be singular - Bar) are solid shampoo soap that look like a bar of soap. It contains no SLS and made out of more natural materials so, a lot more beneficial to the hair.

I found that since going natural, my hair doesn't like the staples I had for my relaxed hair hence me switch to products without mineral oil, SLS, etc.

I'm currently using SheaButterCottage's Sapote Shampoo Bar which made my hair soft and, have soothed my itchy scalp. I recently bought a couple of Chagrin Valley's shampoo soap samples which I am trying out now and, I've seen Anita Grant's Peppermint Babassu Shampoo Bar in action (family member bought and used it) and will be trying that out soon.

As well as
Anita Grant, SheaButterCottage and Chagrin Valley, Lush sells them, among others.

Back