Ladies in Europe

I used Hair One for a year (bought from Pak in Dalston and, Jinny in Seven Sisters).

I liked how it felt on my hair but, not my scalp. The build up caused my hair to shed more and felt itchy.

Now using Shampoo Bars which my hair and scalp love:grin:.

Don't let that deter you, it's just my experience. Try a sample package to see if you like it like PR suggested before committing yourself

:nono: Oh no! Did you lose a lot of hair?

I love shampoo bars from Anita Grant - especially the sea kelp! U must try it!

I'll look into the ones at sheabutter cottage, thanks missy ;)

I cant use shampoos with SLS - makes me soooooo itchy! :nono: The best commercial shampoo I have at moment is Elasta Qp creme conditioning poo.

Eco Styler Olive Oil Styling Gel - has anyone seen this gel over here yet? The reviews so far seem great but I've yet to find it......

My good deed for the day......I found this in a hair shop in Peckham-the big one opposite Argos. They just got them in and they are even displayed in the window. They cost £1.99. :grin:

:nono: Oh no! Did you lose a lot of hair?

I love shampoo bars from Anita Grant - especially the sea kelp! U must try it!

I'll look into the ones at sheabutter cottage, thanks missy ;)

I cant use shampoos with SLS - makes me soooooo itchy! :nono: The best commercial shampoo I have at moment is Elasta Qp creme conditioning poo.

It did (the shedding mainly came from front left of my head) but as soon as I stopped, it slowed down a lot. It has filled in nicely. Not as thick as it was but, it's a start.

Thank, will put AG's Sea Kelp on my wish list. I wanna try her CCL Mini Twist as well.

And, you are welcome.:grin:

Wow - i've been away from the board for a while......glad i came back and found this thread.

Hey ladies.

^^^Welcome to the thread! :)

O/T Did you guys get to vote today? Did mine bright and early at 7:30am

Just seen Nick Griffin at Barking, guess he'll clean up there. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I could just about put up with Cameron, it's Osborne that I can't stand. He's so smug and he has no reason to be - he seems to know fcuk all and he's as thick as two short planks.

My good deed for the day......I found this in a hair shop in Peckham-the big one opposite Argos. They just got them in and they are even displayed in the window. They cost £1.99. :grin:

I went to this exact shop today and bought the Olive Oil EcoSyler gel.

(I rehabilitated myself 2 years ago but it looks like i'm back to being a product junkie - i bought 2 new gels just 3 days previously and i've not yet used one of them because my hair is in individual plaits (no extensions) :drunk:

EDT: There were no jars displayed in the window - i think all the South london LHCF girls raided the shop!!!!

So since both the Silk Elements and Pantene R&N DCs have been discontinued, does anyone know a good alternative to the 2?

Of course, duh!!!!!!!!!! You can get distilled water at a petrol station. I have been racking my head for months thinking of where to get it and the petrol station never occurred to me :wallbash:

The Indian run black hair shops sell very large bottles of deionised water for about £2.99. Sometimes you have ask for it as they keep them out back. Much cheaper than the petrol station.

I went to this exact shop today and bought the Olive Oil EcoSyler gel.

(I rehabilitated myself 2 years ago but it looks like i'm back to being a product junkie - i bought 2 new gels just 3 days previously and i've not yet used one of them because my hair is in individual plaits (no extensions) :drunk:

EDT: There were no jars displayed in the window - i think all the South london LHCF girls raided the shop!!!!

Wow that was quick :lachen:, they were displayed in the small right hand window next to the door, not the main window display.

The Indian run black hair shops sell very large bottles of deionised water for about £2.99. Sometimes you have ask for it as they keep them out back. Much cheaper than the petrol station.

The 99p stores also have the 5litre deionised water for 99p, the only problem is they only stock them perodically whenever they have them i stock up.:lol:

^^^Ladies I am not sure if this has been mentioned but distilled and Deionized water are not the same thing so if you are using a steamer you will need distilled water to avoid damage to your machine.

HTH's

I live in UAE so no black hair shops anywhere at all and definitely no shops for natural hair :( so petrol stations will have to do...although someone really sweet on here has offered to help me get some things I need and send it to me :).

Oooh, me too. Can't seem to find a seamless comb in the UK...surely there must be one sold somewhere.

Oh - i ordered a Ouidad Double Detangler comb last week. I hope it lives up to the hype at the shipping cost just as much as the comb itself.

Back