Ladies in Europe

Does anyone know where to buy Mizani relaxers in the UK? My friend has been recommended Mizani but can't find it anywhere. Also, does anyone know which is better Classic Rhelaxers, Sensitive Scalp Rhelaxer Formula or Butter Blend Relaxer System?

As Sunrise said, My hair and Beauty sells them. The thing is though they only sell the large salon style tubs, so you need to be relaxing the hair (or other people's hair too) fairly regularly before the shelf life diminishes because it's a big tub to get through. I bought the Butter Blends and used it once, and never used it again. Waste of £36. :ohwell:

Oh yeah, Juliet's also sell the American VO5 (they only had 3 types of the conditioner). I bought it and I'm pleased with the results. Detangling was a breeze and I didnt't lose as much hair as I normally do.

I saw the Roux PC but there were 2 parts. Am I supposed to buy both or use one? If so, which one?

I think it is actually a three part system, but in any case I use the very last treatment at the end of my wash.

And silly question, but how do you use it?

No not silly as people seem to use it in different ways. When I've rinsed my DC out I will apply some of the PC for 30-40 seconds, sometimes a minute or two then wash out with cold water. The combination of PC and the cold water help to seal the cuticle.

As Sunrise said, My hair and Beauty sells them. The thing is though they only sell the large salon style tubs, so you need to be relaxing the hair (or other people's hair too) fairly regularly before the shelf life diminishes because it's a big tub to get through. I bought the Butter Blends and used it once, and never used it again. Waste of £36. :ohwell:

Thanks Cream Tee. If I wasn't taking a break from relaxing, I'd share with my friend. £36 is a lot to pay for something you may only use once.

Thanks Cream Tee. If I wasn't taking a break from relaxing, I'd share with my friend. £36 is a lot to pay for something you may only use once.

Indeed, I felt like a right mug :nono: but there you are! I quickly learned to just stick to what works for me.

Really? I work not too far from there. Hmmm, thanks Stella.

Yep and it's cheaper than when you buy it for beauty purposes cos they hike up the price. But when its for boys and their toy's the price goes down !!!

Anyway in Thailand at the mo (koh samui) so will give more info when I get back.

If you are referring to Perfume then it's here. I usually buy the specials offers.

I will be buying from here at some point because my shea butter/coconut oil mix smells yuck! The shop sells fragrances that cover perfume and home fragrance.

Perfume parlour uses the same chemist that creates my natural fragrances :) My prices are much cheaper and bottles are much bigger :D

Is the Aussie Moist that the American ladies talk about available in the UK? And was anyone able to find ceramic hair rollers?

Aussie is available in most places isn't it? Yeah I think you can more or less find that here. I'm going to give in and buy my ceramic rollers from a US vendor. I opened up a myus.com account, so they will forward my order on to me here. I plan to do a large order of stuff at the end of the month.

Aussie is available in most places isn't it? Yeah I think you can more or less find that here. I'm going to give in and buy my ceramic rollers from a US vendor. I opened up a myus.com account, so they will forward my order on to me here. I plan to do a large order of stuff at the end of the month.

I've seen the Aussie in England but when I googled the American one, this came up:

product_moist_conditioner1L.png

And I started thinking that maybe the ingredients are different to the UK one (e.g. the American VO5 has less cones than the UK one).

I've seen the Aussie in England but when I googled the American one, this came up:

product_moist_conditioner1L.png

And I started thinking that maybe the ingredients are different to the UK one (e.g. the American VO5 has less cones than the UK one).

Ohhh, well now I've never seen this one - typical, we get all the sub standard stuff here! :rolleyes:

Just out of curiosity, why did you use Butter Blends only once?

I just didn't like the way my hair felt - it was chronically dry and I had breakage. I suppose I could have given it another try but I decided to listen to my instincts and stick to what I'm used to.

Could be that I've always used a no lye relaxer and the switch to lye was a bit much for me. You should still try it though because it does get very good reviews.

I just didn't like the way my hair felt - it was chronically dry and I had breakage. I suppose I could have given it another try but I decided to listen to my instincts and stick to what I'm used to.

Could be that I've always used a no lye relaxer and the switch to lye was a bit much for me. You should still try it though because it does get very good reviews.

I'm not relaxing my hair anytime soon so can't try it. My hairdresser told me that if I ever decide to relax again that I should try Mizani. My friend can't find it anywhere and can't afford to buy a tub. She contacted Mizani about the lack of availabilty of their products in the UK and was told:

"Mizani is a professional hair care range which means it is sold through salons only (including their authorised salon websites). To find your nearest Mizani salon please call our stockist number: 0800-121 4676

At your chosen salon you will be able to have a Mizani relaxer service and purchase retail products."

If that's the case how come it's readily available in the US, Africa & West Indies?

I'm not relaxing my hair anytime soon so can't try it. My hairdresser told me that if I ever decide to relax again that I should try Mizani. My friend can't find it anywhere and can't afford to buy a tub. She contacted Mizani about the lack of availabilty of their products in the UK and was told:

"Mizani is a professional hair care range which means it is sold through salons only (including their authorised salon websites). To find your nearest Mizani salon please call our stockist number: 0800-121 4676

At your chosen salon you will be able to have a Mizani relaxer service and purchase retail products."

If that's the case how come it's readily available in the US, Africa & West Indies?

I'm not sure how the retailers do it, maybe they have some sort of special arrangement or something. Most of these salon brands will add a disclaimer to their products to state that they can only guarantee excellent results if used by a professional ie stylist.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how the retailers do it, maybe they have some sort of special arrangement or something. Most of these salon brands will add a disclaimer to their products to state that they can only guaranteed excellent results if used by a professional ie stylist.

I know for a fact that Pak order some of their stuff straight from a US suppliers therefore, pissing off the UK professional suppliers. One said supplier tried to put a stop to this by complaining to the product makers but couldn't (ETA - put an end to it).

Although Pak are annoying (ask them for one product, they wanna refer you to another. Don't know what's in their store and lack of product knowledge:wallbash:), SOMETIMES I am grateful to them as I wouldn't get the product otherwise.
:grin:

Last edited:
Hey, yesterday I popped into Sally's and they were doing a buy one get one free offer on Silk Elements Deep Moisturizing Treatment. This was yesterday though, so I'm not sure if the offer is still available.

I ordered quite a few. :look:

Carrot Milk and Honey Shampoo Sample
Mud & Clay Shampoo Sample
Lavender & Spice Shampoo Sample
Babassu and Marsh Mallow Shampoo Sample
Lemon-Lime Shaving Soap Sample
Aloe, Aloe, Aloe Soap Sample
Castile & Calendula Soap Sample
Java Spice SCRUBBY Soap Sample
Neem & Tea Tree Oil Body & Hair Shampoo Sample
Dead Sea Spa Soap Sample
EXTRA Honey Beer & Egg Shampoo Sample (note that there is a regular and an extra honey version)

I ordered a bunch of soaps too (once you're on that site you just can't help yourself..) and because they're "superfatted" they're even better to use if you have dry hair.
It'll take me a while before I've used them all.
I'll post a review in a couple of weeks then. :lachen:

I place my first order last week Thursday and it came today. :grin: Before the order came to me, I was already planning my next order.:look: If I was not impressed before, I am definitely impressed now. The Lemon Lavender soap smells :lick::lick:. The Honey Butter! :lick: Now looking for a facial soap for my Mum (She's a OAP). Any suggestions?

I REALLY need to stay out of this forum. It's not good for my Bank Balance!:lachen:

I've tried Akuawood's Black Soap on my face with excellent results. It is a little drying, but I followed it up with aloe vera as a toner and then shea butter to moisturise. My skin has been responding very well.

Also Blaque*Angel's natural perfumes are a winner. Lovely fragrances without the immediate sneezing fit that normally follows me spraying conventional perfumes. The choice is craaaaaaaaazy. They are a winner with DH :lick: :giggle: and I still have a couple to go home and crack open: Chanel No. 5 and Watermelon. I can only imagine they will be great too.
ETA: 100 % natural - they have a silk base are blended with vitamin e oil,aloe vera and contain natural organic fragrance oils and organic ingredients.
Link: http://www.candyscent.co.uk/

Last edited:
Back