ladies, i think i achieved my hair goal !

steph

Hi this is Stephenie. I do not post much,mostly a lurker. I can not thank this board enough. I have gone from top of the shoulder blade to I think waist length hair in a little over year.(Aug 2002-now. All your heatlthy hair tips have saved me from depending on my stylist. I am not 100% sure my hair is waist length because I am a natural(hair is similar to leejure) and my hair shrinks badly, and i only straighten my hair about 4 times a year. But when i pull my curl out, it is down to my waist. i am still in shock. My hair has never been this long. I want to know how i can post pictures, so i can show my shrinkage and you ladies can judge. This board is wonderful in so many ways.I love all the pictures, they are all inspirations. Sorry if the post is a little long, i am just so excited. Thanks again ladies and keep inspiring!

Wow congratulations!!!!!!!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
dance7.gif

Cant wait to see the pics! Do u ever plan on relaxing, oh or u gonna stay natural?

Congratulations! That's a lot of growth in one year! What is your regimen? If my hair grew that quickly, I'd chop off my relaxed ends a lot sooner than I'm planning!

clap.gif
Congratulations... That really is awesome that you got all that growth in just one year!! Pls. post your pics soon!
smile.gif

Thank you ladies for all the positive replies and support. Caramelle, I do not plan to relax my hair. I have been natural all my life. I used to get my hair blow dried and lightly pressed about once a month to keep my hair straight. I did not even start wearing my hair curly until Nov 2002. I still can't believe that. Hairlove, btw, i love your hair, and good luck transitioning. My hair routine is I shampoo with Creme of Nature dry hair formula shampoo once a week. I do conditioner rinses with EVOO every other day and put it up in a wet bun. Sometimes i pin it up my curls if i am going out. I have tried other protective styles, but they just break my hair off because my ends dry up and my hair shrinks so fast. I tried many finshing products a lot times they can make my hair break off and dry. Also, I trim my ends as needed which could be some loose ends or snags. I can't tell how much i trim because i do when i step out the shower when my hair is curly. All i know is i do not trim much because i have had so many hair trimming disasters at the salon. Usually my trims can vary from every two two to four months. Also when i workout rinse my hair out and do another condition rinse on my ends. This is has got to be what save my hair from disaster because i am avid exerciser and i really sweat! I will just be happy to keep this length because now i back in college where the water is hard. Therefore i have to rinse my hair in sink because the water is soft which is trying and can cause breakage. I just have to hope for the best and to keep my length. ok, ladies i feel a little silly and stupid for asking, but how do you post pictures on picturetrail. I have never done it before so if anyone is willing to love help me i would love that.

Thanks for the compliment, Steph! I can't wait to see your hair...it sounds very pretty!

When you do CO washes with EVOO, do you add the evoo and mix it into your conditioner?

Can't help you with picture trail. I use fotki and it's pretty easy and you can get comments there, too.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi this is Stephenie. I do not post much,mostly a lurker. I can not thank this board enough. I have gone from top of the shoulder blade to I think waist length hair in a little over year.(Aug 2002-now. All your heatlthy hair tips have saved me from depending on my stylist. I am not 100% sure my hair is waist length because I am a natural(hair is similar to leejure) and my hair shrinks badly, and i only straighten my hair about 4 times a year. But when i pull my curl out, it is down to my waist. i am still in shock. My hair has never been this long. I want to know how i can post pictures, so i can show my shrinkage and you ladies can judge. This board is wonderful in so many ways.I love all the pictures, they are all inspirations. Sorry if the post is a little long, i am just so excited. Thanks again ladies and keep inspiring!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for sharing and congrats Steph! Do you take any vitamins and if so, can you tell us what you take?

Isis, I am sad to say i just started taking a multi-vitamin recently and every now and then biotin. I think what added to my hair growth was from Oct 02- until april 03 i used to run 4-6 miles five times a week. I love to workout, and i am trying to get back on track now. Also in my routine, if i feel build up i clarify with a little baking soda around every six weeks, and EVOO I just added a teaspoon of it to my conditioner, but now i think i might just mix it in the bottle. Thank you again for all the beautiful compliments

Congrads
dance7.gif
, anothing natural, someone to give us more hope, and show that u dont have to be relaxed to have long hair
clap.gif
, Oh my no vitamins
shocked.gif
no magic potions
smirk.gif
, wow if working out, is the key I need to get started, I do noticed that most of the women in fitness mags have so good lenght of hair
wink.gif
, What is your height? and have u measured your growth yet, cause that is alot, wish you that best,
king.gif

hi, happylocks thank you for the compliments. I am around 5'10, and the last time i measured my hair was at 21 inches this was about a month ago. This is long for me because i of my height.

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
Congratulations Stephanie! Everytime I read of someone achieving their goals, it really motivates me to stay on the path. Wish you much continued success! Grow girl! Grow!
dance7.gif

Steph, girlfriend, I GOTTA SEE UR PICS! And ur hair is similiar to Leejure's too
shocked.gif
.... & she DEFINITELY has some beauuuuutiful hair.

Ok, listen up, I'm soooo eager to see ur pics, I can walk u through the upload process. I use Yahoo, but the process should be fairly the same.

Send me a PM.... we can meet up on "Instant Messenger" & do this girl!

Ur natural hair is definitely an inspiration that I WANNA SEE!!!
trampoline.gif

Steph, you must post pixs! I am dying to see them. Next, you gotta post your regimen. I think it is time for me to re-do and fine tune mine!

Confratulations!

-lee

[ QUOTE ]
Steph, girlfriend, I GOTTA SEE UR PICS! And ur hair is similiar to Leejure's too
shocked.gif
.... & she DEFINITELY has some beauuuuutiful hair.

Ok, listen up, I'm soooo eager to see ur pics, I can walk u through the upload process. I use Yahoo, but the process should be fairly the same.

Send me a PM.... we can meet up on "Instant Messenger" & do this girl!

Ur natural hair is definitely an inspiration that I WANNA SEE!!!
trampoline.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Very seeet of you Peachtree
kiss.gif
! Boy, i can't wait to see those pixs!

-lee

[ QUOTE ]
I think what added to my hair growth was from Oct 02- until april 03 i used to run 4-6 miles five times a week.

[/ QUOTE ]
wave.gif

Do u run outside ?

Back