Ladies, I apologize...

balisi

On behalf of every stylist who has misled you, scalped you, burned you, negated your progress, been rude to you, etc., (the list goes on). Not only have I read numerous threads about salon/stylist horror stories, but I hear the same things from my clients. I, myself, have been a victim of unscrupulous, inept, uncaring, unprofessional stylists. Even though I work with a number of stylists, I am very selective about whom I trust with my hair, and even then there are only certain things I will let them do.

That's all. I know it can't reverse the harm that has been done. I just felt that it needed to be said. :kiss:

Last edited:
I think it's sweet that you apologized on behalf of others.

Also, I need your salon info so I can get my hair 'did' by you when I come to Atlanta.

Balisi, this is very sweet of you :)

I understand how it can make you feel when tou read salon horror stories. And I wish I could find a stylist that works at least a little bit like you do.:)

Thank you! That really makes a difference since I for one have tried to communicate my concerns to my former-hairstylist to only be ignored. I haven't lost faith in hairstylist and I know a lot of conscientious and professional stylist exist but I have had more than my fair share of the other type.

Once again, thank you for the acknowledgment and apology.

Balisi this was very big of you. And I second what other's have said:

Where is your shop?

Now my list of people who can do my hair has grown from
3 to 4. The only reason why I do my own hair so much is because I feel like I know how to treat it better than any old stylist ever could. But if I find a stylist who thinks like I do, you betta believe I'm going to go to him/her. Some times I don't even feel like doing my own hair and it would be nice to have someone I can trust to do it, like Balisi:)

We've heard nothing but praises from the members who have been to you Balisi! You are the last one who needs to apologize on the behalf of others! :kiss: What an amazing gesture. :kiss:

Also, I want to add that those of us who have sat in chairs without lifting a finger to change the way of things carry a brunt of the blame too. (Myself included). If we were more adamant about what we want and don't want, and stood up for our tresses a little better-- there wouldn't be a need for half the stylist bashing threads we see around here. We are partly to blame! It's a two way street. Stylists are holding scissors to our heads, not guns.

Thank you, Ladies. It just makes me feel awful when I find out what many stylists are doing to their customers. I'm in no way perfect of course, but I strive to be and I love doing my part to help people look and feel beautiful, and anyone who doesn't have the passion for it should not be behind the chair.

As far as me traveling to NY or anywhere to practice my craft, well, let's just say I'm not rolling like that...yet! :lol: Yet and still, I do get up there to visit family from time to time, so perhaps I could squeeze in a few appointments. :look:

When I do come back to the states, you will be the first stylist I look for!! Keep on doing what you do!! I am sure you are appreciated by those you style.:)

Balisi,
I second the motion for your New York contingent! Let us know when you come to the area!

Sistaslick said:
We've heard nothing but praises from the members who have been to you Balisi! You are the last one who needs to apologize on the behalf of others! :kiss: What an amazing gesture. :kiss:

[I]Also, I want to add that those of us who have sat in chairs without lifting a finger to change the way of things carry a brunt of the blame too.[/I] (Myself included). If we were more adamant about what we want and don't want, and stood up for our tresses a little better-- there wouldn't be a need for half the stylist bashing threads we see around here. We are partly to blame! It's a two way street. Stylists are holding scissors to our heads, not guns.

I no I am guilty of this one. I have come to realize though that alot of stylist that I wrote off as being bad where actually not that bad. My usual salon behavior didn't really involve speaking up for myself. I should have asked questions and articulated what I wanted instead of not saying anything. I should have been more observant with techniques before handing over my money. I think there is just enough room for better stylist as there is room for better communicating customers.

Bublnbrnsuga said:
I think it's sweet that you apologized on behalf of others.

Also, I need your salon info so I can get my hair 'did' by you when I come to Atlanta.

same here...at the end of the summer I'm coming to you for a precision trim then it's back into braids. :)

p1

I am still baffled as to why there aren't more real stylists like Balisi on LHCF. Balisi, do you tell your stylists friends about LHCF and what are there reasons for not joining? Even if it is for their own hair's sake and not their customers?

Sistaslick said:

Also, I want to add that those of us who have sat in chairs without lifting a finger to change the way of things carry a brunt of the blame too. (Myself included). If we were more adamant about what we want and don't want, and stood up for our tresses a little better-- there wouldn't be a need for half the stylist bashing threads we see around here. We are partly to blame! It's a two way street. Stylists are holding scissors to our heads, not guns.

Yeah, what she said :)

And I'm guilty as charged. i keep blaming the hairdresser who did my last relaxer for abusing my hair and not properly conditioning it (she shampoo'd the relaxer out and that was it! Just applied a leave in). I should have demanded right then and there that she follow up with a deep conditioner, but I kept quite and let her proceed...

CAPlush said:
I am still baffled as to why there aren't more real stylists like Balisi on LHCF. Balisi, do you tell your stylists friends about LHCF and what are there reasons for not joining? Even if it is for their own hair's sake and not their customers?
I think it may be because many stylists do not take the time to voluntarily increase their knowledge once they obtain their license. They'll take enough classes to fulfill certain licensing requirements, but that's about it.

I don't bother sharing this site or much of the info on it with other stylists because, like many of you have experienced, the information is not readily accepted by those not seeking. I tested this out while I was still a cosmetology student and you would have thought I had two heads based on the reaction. :lol:

Last edited:
Thank you Balisi! Perhaps you'll be the one to open doors to a whole new way of looking at stylists and exciting stylist experiences!:)

Back