Ladies, How Did You Know You Were Ready To Have Sex

kblc06

for the first time? I know it seems like a personal question, but was your decision to lose your virginity influenced based upon social pressure or was it entirely and completely your own decision? How did you discern the difference?

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

it was my decision..i knew because i knew i wanted to spend the rest of my life with him first....
so it was ring..marriage..sex...failed marriage..lol..lol

I was 23 when I knew. No social pressure to do it, trust me :lol: I was just ready for it.

However I have to admit, I did kinda do it because um... the guy was hot and I wasn't looking for a relationship. I was in a relationship prior (the main reason why I wasn't even looking to be in one) and that guy didn't get so much as a handjob.:lol:

-A

For me it was an imagined pressure from others...I felt like I was the last virgin in the world :lol: It was my own decision. I was 17.

Now, I wish I would have waited...what's the rush anyway??

I was 17 and thought I was in love. No pressure from anyone, including him. I just made sure in my mind and heart that even if things didn't work out between us (and at 17 I don't think I really understood that they probably wouldn't....LOL) I wouldn't regret anything. We broke up maybe 6 months later and I had no regrets.

For me it was an imagined pressure from others...I felt like I was the last virgin in the world :lol: It was my own decision. I was 17.

Now, I wish I would have waited...what's the rush anyway??
Me too. I was 15, and no emotion about it. I wanted to see what all the "fuss" was about and found out there was no fuss :ohwell:.

i'm a virgin but i'm soooooo ready. been ready for a few years now.

this is really getting old.:nono:

I was 23 and I was ready, had a loving SO. Its like my body, soul and everything told me I was ready and my bf was worthy of my body. Felt different than I had felt before.

It was lovely. No regrets.

18 and I thought I loved him. I was just a baby. I did marry the guy but four years later we were divorced.

I always hear teenagers hype up sex to the tenth degree but I doubt teenagers are have great mind blowing sex like that. Its all about fitting in....

I just felt very comfortable with him and in the moment. I knew he wouldn't run away either, lol. 3 years later and we are planning to marry.

I never had the intention to wait til I was married; I wanted to wait till I was madly in love. I was, we were 18, had known each other for years, and were both virgins. There was no pressure and it was all my idea.

We went on to date for 5 years after that. I have absolutely no regrets.

I would say don't do something just to do it; if you're feeling like that, go get a spur-of-the-moment manicure or a new pair of shoes. I honestly wouldn't be impulsive about it. Make it mean something. Also if you're never tasted chocolate, it easier not to eat chocolate; once you've tasted chocolate, it's hard not to want more and more chocolate. Sex also opens the door for so many other issues such as pregnancy, STD's, birth control, exclusive/open relationships etc, etc. Are you ready for all that?

Last edited:
I had no emotional attachment to my V card so I just did it... I didnt have sex again 3 years later. I dont feel bad it was lackluster but I simply everything it need to be esp at that point in my life. I was 16 and he was my prince (whom I later dumped b/c he was always crying). lol

I would say don't do something just to do it; if you're feeling like that, go get a spur-of-the-moment manicure or a new pair of shoes. I honestly wouldn't be impulsive about it. Make it mean something. Also if you're never tasted chocolate, it easier not to eat chocolate; once you've tasted chocolate, it's hard not to want more and more chocolate. Sex also opens the door for so many other issues such as pregnancy, STD's, birth control, exclusive/open relationships etc, etc. Are you ready for all that?

Thank you so much for this reply!

I was 17 and I just wanted to get it out of the way. Afterwards, the guy was like "Thank you for making me your 1st" In my mind i was like "uh uh. sure. whatever". That sounds so bad lol. He was also my 1st kiss and 1st everything :look:

This is an interesting thread. I'll know I'm ready when I'm married.

Signed
26 yo still waiting

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

I was 17 and he was the hot guy who was in my English class. We were just becoming friends and he came on to me and honestly I said "Why not? He's hot and I'm tired of carrying around my V card."

I thought that it would be a one time thing and we'd never speak of it again...............we've being together for 6 years now.

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

I hear some saying carrying around the "V" card like it's a burden to unload. Maybe for some, but for me, I'm old-fashioned. I think it's a one-time gift. If I gave it to someone because I thought enough of them to do so, I'd be feeling someway awful and upset if I saw them the next day hanging around someone else; that's why I wouldn't take it lightly. I think some things in life should have some meaning. If you don't care about giving random "stuff" of yours away, what is sacred and how much do you value yourself? JMHO.

Im a virgin and an old one at that :lachen:, I cant wait to lose it to FH this summer.

I know you're looking forward to it! I hope it is everything you imagined. Side note, it does get better with time. That's why sometimes doing it, just to do it, is pointless because the first time generally isn't like the soap operas.

The only person I felt my virginity was a gift for was me. I had sex at 17 with my first, because I felt I wanted to, and I've been enjoying it every since.

Im a virgin and an old one at that :lachen:, I cant wait to lose it to FH this summer.

@DayStar Lucky h#ffa you :look:

Thanks for the responses ladies. You all have given me a lot to think about. Although, I've never done anything with a guy (no heavy petting, etc), I'm beginning to wonder if my decision to remain a virgin has been due to a lack of opportunity. However, for the first time ever, I've met a person that I have a sincere, deep attraction to and the chemistry is definitely there. But I don't think I'm quite ready to take that step. Fortunately, he respects my wishes as I made it clear that I plan to remain a virgin until marriage. And although my mind is telling me no, my body's telling me YES :lick: :crazy:. I just needed some wisdom from some much more experienced and wiser ladies than myself.

I hear some saying carrying around the "V" card like it's a burden to unload.

It definitely was for me. Gotta love when people feel a certain way about something and try to shame others who didn't feel that same way.

i'm a virgin but i'm soooooo ready. been ready for a few years now.

this is really getting old.:nono:

I am one as well I feel the SAME way some times but please dont. When I look around at girls my age and how disrespected they are by themselves and others I dont mind at all. We are really very special and appreciated :kiss:

Back