Ladies...Did you hear???

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Cathy Howse is transitioning!

If you haven't seen it, it's in her news section on her website: UBH I wonder what she'll do?

Will she b/c? Try new products to manage the transition? Change products or create new ones? What will her regimen be like? She's always kept it pretty simple. Will she up her heat usage? Breakdown and get her a good ole ceramic? I wonder, wonder, wonder.....

That will be interesting to see if she documents the transition. :scratchch:

What are your thoughts?

~op~

PS: Forgive me if this news flash has already been reported.

*clutches faux pearls* I would have never seen this coming. Maybe she will be frequenting sites like this and nappturality.com. I wonder if she will stay natural...

Perhaps she is finally realizing how BEAUTIFUL her natural hair is. Since this form, I have been pondering it as well. I'm getting tired of relaxing.

I'm still going full force to BS, then afterwards, who knows?

Sorry, but who is she?. I've never heard of her. Do you ladies use her products?, any success?
Thanks..........

Say What?! Word? Must go peep the site...see what Ms. Howse is saying...
wonder what prompted that decision...hmmmm.

Wow, that's a shock...I remember telling you ladies that she visited my town not too long ago and gave a free seminar and I went to it...I won't go into detail about what she said again, but basically she was very "my or the highway" in her speech. She is a nice lady, not mean or anything, very pretty, doesn't look her age...but she really didn't want to listen to what I had to say regarding hair, she was very adamant about "her methods". I have her book, one of the first hair books I ever purchased. It did help me have a different outlook on my relaxed hair back in 2001. I am going on three years natural and I wish her the best of luck! :)

I agree with Micarae, I saw her last year at a free seminar and she was very nice, but it's her way or no way at all, and that's okay (it worked wonderfully for her). She really is youthful looking, I wish her the best of luck! I've tried her products and I still use them to this day. I really like the deep conditioner because it has peppermint in it.wow! the dew spray is really nice too, it makes my hair so soft! Her book was one of the first books a bought when I started my hair growing journey. I think that if you are new to growing your hair, then her book is an excellent start! She keeps it really simple and it worked for me.

kombov_dymond said:
Perhaps she is finally realizing how BEAUTIFUL her natural hair is. Since this form, I have been pondering it as well. I'm getting tired of relaxing.

Hmmmmm.....:scratchch: I've been feeling this bug coming on myself....It has just been in the back of my mind...

Can't figure out the best way(for me) to do it though. I'll be transitioning for years because I don't cut. Lord help me.... :(

Alli77 said:
................ Her book was one of the first books a bought when I started my hair growing journey. I think that if you are new to growing your hair, then her book is an excellent start! She keeps it really simple and it worked for me.

I agree. My little sister, ChosenByGod, bought the book last summer and it changed my whole outlook on haircare and how I viewed my hair. It is a great start. However, I'm glad I ventured out and found LHCF and other haircare sites. By going away from her one way, I was offered alternatives in products, styling methods and techniques. She is one who says it's basically, "Her way or the highway" but what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another or another.

I am intrigued in her interest in getting to know her curlies!

kombov_dymond said:

Don't you start Kombov! I looked at pictures of my new growth from the Surge Challenge and thought, hmmm... I wish my whole head was like this :)

I'm scurred though, but I've wanted to forever. I told my mom the other day, and she reminded me of how much work it took to do my hair pre-relaxer.

I dunno...

Last edited:
The site says "Cathy is giving up chemical relaxers." Does this mean she's going to stop relaxing altogether, or look for a non-chemical alternative to relaxing, such as the Demi-Perm and the like? I'm not trying to be suprer technical or split hairs :look:, but if she's going natural why didn't it just say "Cathy is transitioning"? *Sigh* I've had a long morning, maybe it's the lawyer in me! :lol:

ayanapooh said:
The site says "Cathy is giving up chemical relaxers." Does this mean she's going to stop relaxing altogether, or look for a non-chemical alternative to relaxing, such as the Demi-Perm and the like? I'm not trying to be suprer technical or split hairs :look:, but if she's going natural why didn't it just say "Cathy is transitioning"? *Sigh* I've had a long morning, maybe it's the lawyer in me! :lol:

I was thinking the same thing. What are the reasons why Cathy has chosen this method. She has alwys been ademant about Affirm relaxers. Does she plan to wear an afro? Or will she be a press and curl girl?

I agree Ayanna, why didn't she say "Cathy is going natural or Cathy is transitioning?" But we'll have to wait to learn the juicy details.

ayanapooh said:

I was going to say that, but Ms. Howse, always seemed to talk in small circles to me. She tries to be technical.

What's a demi-perm?

*nevermind, the researcher in me is leading me to google*

Call me cynical but when I heard of this, I immediately thought that it was sure to be a marketing angle in order to take on the natural hair product competitors...(carol's daughter, honey child etc.).

Champagne_Wishes said:
*clutches faux pearls* I would have never seen this coming. Maybe she will be frequenting sites like this and nappturality.com. I wonder if she will stay natural...

LOL :lol: ITA - I always got the impression that she was very pro-relaxed and anti everything else. But I have to say that her book was the first thing that brought me to caring for my hair. Good luck to her.

kristina said:
Call me cynical but when I heard of this, I immediately thought that it was sure to be a marketing angle in order to take on the natural hair product competitors...(carol's daughter, honey child etc.).

I will admit that the thought has crossed my mind but I shall see...

Back