Komaza Care Protein Strengthener Users: How often?

abcd09

This stuff is AMAZING! I'm throwing out my Aphogee forever!!!!!!

I would like to share my enthusiasm with other KC Protein users.

How often do you use it?
How long have you been using it for?
What results have you seen?
How long did it take to see results?
Have you experienced protein overload with this product?

I'll be back later to answer my own questions :drunk::drunk::drunk:

@abcd09
i been trying to tell yall this forever but no one wanted to listen ta me:lol:!!!! i use it about once a month cause i'm natural....there are a few times i've done 2x in month and suffered no ill effects:yep:. my curls always look more defined and i have less frizz since adding this to my reggie, my hair can take lots of moisture & protein with no ill effect.

@EnExitStageLeft & @virtuenow use this product as well, not sure about @Lita or @IDareT'sHair:yep:

southerncitygirl

Hey Ms. SCG! :wave:

Yep. I've had this product before but a while ago tho':yep:

Way before the Label change, site change etc...I still have some left. I should use it. SMH.:blush:

I really liked it. I also had the Honeycomb Rejuvenator which was sadly discontinued I think.:perplexed

Overall, Komaza is a nice solid line. Really Great Products. Excellent Customer Service and Fast Shipping.

Plus they offer points.

I've tried the coconut hair pudding and now the coconut hair milk (arrived today). I don't love either of them but they were part of the free sample giveaway and only costs a couple of bucks for shipping.

I ordered the Califia Moisturizing Spray which should arrive early next week. I had a few points so the spray was under $4.

After my hair analysis later this month, I may try other products depending on what they recommend.

Right now I'm set for my shampoo and conditioner/deep conditioner but I am open to a leave in and a moisturizer. Right now I use plain water for moisture and a regular conditioner as a leave in.

I agree, great customer service and fast shipping. My hair milk would have arrived on July 3 (2 days from CA to NYC) if there wasn't some mix up at the post office. It ended up misdirected by USPS so they routed it to my post office last night. Jenn always respond to my emails in a timely manner. I wasn't even expecting a credit for my hair analysis and points when I let her know a referral code didn't work.

Last edited:
This stuff is AMAZING! I'm throwing out my Aphogee forever!!!!!!

I would like to share my enthusiasm with other KC Protein users.

How often do you use it?
How long have you been using it for?
What results have you seen?
How long did it take to see results?
Have you experienced protein overload with this product?

I'll be back later to answer my own questions :drunk::drunk::drunk:

I have this product in the old label/formulation. I've used twice and the results were OK. I may need to revisit this product.

abcd09

i forgot to add that i have used the old & new formulas. with the formula change i am still pleased even though the formula changed from a liquid spray to a lotion. the lotion version gets slightly less crunchy but my hair feels soft, strong ( just like the old formula) & i use less product.....i think the liquid was 4oz but now the lotion is 8oz. your hair doesn't have to be saturated with this product to be effective. i follow-up with aubreys gbp, j.a.y, or hsr and rinse..i don't leave it in or sit under the dryer either.

@IDareT'sHair i think either of these products would replace the honeycomb rejuvenator:

http://komazahaircare.com/pona-hair-and-scalp-treatment.html

http://komazahaircare.com/matani-repair-treatment.html

Some proteins make your hair feel hard and stiff. I wouldve have thought this was normal before using this product. My hair is taking moisture so much better (I am also using the Matani leave in and Coconut milk leave in). My hair is ALSO soft and weightless and manageable and feels protected.It's not stiff at all. I've used it once and may need to use it twice a month. I am relaxed and use heat on my bangs. It's hard to describe but I give this product an A++++

@abcd09
i been trying to tell yall this forever but no one wanted to listen ta me:lol:!!!! i use it about once a month cause i'm natural....there are a few times i've done 2x in month and suffered no ill effects:yep:. my curls always look more defined and i have less frizz since adding this to my reggie, my hair can take lots of moisture & protein with no ill effect.

@EnExitStageLeft & @virtuenow use this product as well, not sure about @Lita or @IDareT'sHair:yep:

I havent used this in a while,but I always had great hair after,curls/shine & strength..

Happy Hair Growing!

The komaza strengthener is great stuff! I've only used the newer formula. I saw results right after the first try back in January. Significantly less breakage and more resilient hair. When my hair starts acting up I know it's time to reach for the komaza, which seems to be every two months or so. I love how only a small amount is necessary to get results. I still have quite a bit of the first bottle I purchased.

I'm glad I saw this thread because it serves as a reminder to use the product. I purchased the old formula as Black Fri Spcl but never used it.

Hopefully, I'll add it to my rotation before the end of summer. Henna & protein txs require alot of time rinsing, conditioning, & detangling so I tend to -.

Love this product, I use it every other week or just once a month depending on how I feel. I follow with AO HSR and my hair has so much moisture and strength.

abcd09

I wouldn't. I think I used it maybe monthly when I was using it (Older Version).

Or 1st Protein Rx after Relaxing.

Under dryer no plastic cap.

I keep forgetting I have this stuff (here I was in another thread asking for protein treatments). My bottle specifies that it can be used weekly or bi-monthly. It also says it can be used as an overnight treatment. Is it really that strong if it can be left in hair that long?

I keep forgetting I have this stuff (here I was in another thread asking for protein treatments). My bottle specifies that it can be used weekly or bi-monthly. It also says it can be used as an overnight treatment. Is it really that strong if it can be left in hair that long?
Do you have the liquid or cream version?

I'm wondering why their directions aren't more specific.I'll probably skip this week and use next week. I loved my results but I dont want overload. I'm wondering about the strength as well. Perhaps because it is made from quality ingredients it eliminates the need for a very strong protein like Aphogee 2 step?

abcd09
southerncitygirl
virtuenow
veesweets

I did my Komaza protein treatment last night, rinsed this morning, and am pleasantly surprised. I was expecting it to get hard like a helmet really, but it just dried like I left conditioner in my hair. It's the lotion version not the old spray version. My hair feels stronger but not dry or brittle. I followed up with Aubrey Organics Blue Chamomile conditioner. My curls seem more defined and less frizzy.

I finally see what I've been missing by not doing protein treatments. I still love my Aubrey GPB but this treatment packs a lot more punch. I plan to use this at least once per month.

Do you have the liquid or cream version?

I'm wondering why their directions aren't more specific.I'll probably skip this week and use next week. I loved my results but I dont want overload. I'm wondering about the strength as well. Perhaps because it is made from quality ingredients it eliminates the need for a very strong protein like Aphogee 2 step?

Sorry, just seeing this post.
I've been using the liquid version. I got a new bottle last week and it's creamy. Did they reformulate?
The creamy version worked slightly better, but still no real improvement in elasticity or strength. I think my hair needs strong protein like Aphogee (EDIT: This stuff wasn't strong either as it did nothing for my hair). I can tolerate daily Emergencee applications (if following the directions to rinse after several minutes) and still see little results.:look: Komaza's protein is too weak for my hair.

Ok ladies. I just got finished rinsing the KC protein strengthener out of my hair. I applied it in about eight sections and twisted my hair before sitting under the dryer for 20 minutes. Upon rinsing, my hair didn't feel stringy and dry like after I used Aphogee 2 Minute. It didn't feel moisturizing or anything, but my hair felt soft and strong. I will follow up with the last of my Hairveda Sitrinillah for good measure. :yep: So far this is a winner and I will probably do this once or twice a month.

ETA: I tagged some of you for any updates.

Last edited:
Jenn at Komaza told me that I can use the Protein Strengthener every two weeks. I haven't done that though. I have 4 bottles of Aubrey GPB and use that instead. I plan to use Komaza for my hard core treatment only once per month.

Back