Knots on the ends of my hair!!! Help!

ThursdayGirl

Hi Ladies!

Lately, I have been having a time with getting knots on the bottom of my hair... its not the hair knotting up on itself usually, but rather it seems my hairs are winding around each other and knotting up at the ends. For example I'll find a knot with about 4 or 5 hairs involved. I just had a trim in Sept. Do any of you naturals, texturized, or transitioning ladies have ideas on how to get rid of... or minimize this problem?

I have the same problem! I have knots along single strands, or several strands with one knot at the end. I haven't a clue what to do. It seems like the longer my hair gets, the more I have this problem.

Now that my hair is getting longer I am seeing more and more of these. It tends to happen more when my new growth starts coiling too much, thus twisting the entire hair shaft along with it. Sooo... once you start manipulating (detangling, combing, brushing) the hair in this "twisted" state you are actually creating the knots yourself. It is either time to get a relaxer to straighten out the coiled new growth - or once your hair starts getting alot of new growth, just don't manipulate it. But when you see them you will have to trim the hair right above the knot. An overall trim won't help you if you're trimming a bunch of perfectly good strands and still missing individual knots that you've had previously.

Although I have been known to get so fed up with the knots I have literally DE-knotted hairs with a safety pin!!!! :lol: This definitely requires good vision, patience, and a steady hand - not to mention the knot has to be fairly loose to begin with, or else you can't stick the point in. Demented, I know - But it just feels SO GOOD when I can "save a strand"!

Last edited:
Back