Kirkland Signature (Costco brand) Conditioner!

truequeen06

I just bought the Kirkland Signature aka Costco brand Hydrating conditioner and cowashed with it. My hair feels silky, moisturized and all around HEAVENLY. And it's pretty cheap too. Two 40 oz bottles cost me 7 dollars.

This is what the bottle looks like:

vitasprings_2028_116056567

And the ingredients are: Purified Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Stearalkonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis (Golden Seal) Extract, Algae Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Protein, Polyquaternium-37, Fragrance, Decyl Oleate, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

I'm not an ingredient expert, but it doesn't seem bad. Maybe one or two :ohwell: ingredients . . . correct me if I'm wrong.

But all I know is my hair feels lovely and detangling felt like a dream.

my coworker has long bsl natural hair and swears by this stuff. She has so much hair and goes through conditioner like its nothing. I may have to try this!

Oh wow.....Thank you...I may have to try this...Im at Costco's every week....

I was just complaining about how much conditioner I go through now...I will be pickin some up this week

Is it a thicker conditioner or thinner

The ingredients are good.

In fact looking over the ingredient list, it looks as if this could be classified as a deep conditioner.

The dominicans use it a lot. They just empty the bottles its cheaper. Now you know what you are paying the 5 dollar DC fee for.

Is jojoba a form of protein? Can I use this right after a protein conditioner? I am really planning on cutting down on costs, so this would be great if I could pick this up.

We were just in Costco last Sunday and saw this....on the same side of the aisle as the Nexxus.

The ingredients look good too - and I think the quaternium makes it a deep conditioner: Purified Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Stearalkonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis (Golden Seal) Extract, Algae Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Protein, Polyquaternium-37, Fragrance, Decyl Oleate, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Deep Penetrating Conditioners
There are two main types of deep or penetrating conditioners; moisture and protein.

Protein based conditioners are designed to increase the diameter of the hair with a coating action. This will strengthen the hair and add body.

Hair that is severely damaged will need a concentrated protein conditioner. These conditioners are designed to pass through the cuticle, penetrate the cortex and replace keratin lost during chemical services. They are designed to equalize porosity, increase elasticity and improve overall appearance. Because the hair is filled with new keratin, it will feel hard after use and should be followed with a moisturizing conditioner to soften and lubricate the hair shaft. Concentrated protein are NOT recommended for use after a chemical treatment like a relaxer, color or perm. These conditioners will disrupt the desired rearrangement of protein bonds formed by these chemical services.

In addition, to protein based conditioners, there are moisturizing deep penetrating conditioners. These conditioners contain humectants that attract moisture and are absorbed into the hair cortex. The difference between instant and deep moisturizing conditioner is that deep treatments contain a quaternary ammonium component included in the chemical formulation of moisturizers so they are able to attach themselves to the hair fiber and provide longer lasting moisture.

Last edited:
LOL! The moment I read this post I thought of you DC Challenge at KISS. I am definitely going to pick some of the up to. I cant keep spending $30 on 33oz of deep conditioner.
Oh wow.....Thank you...I may have to try this...Im at Costco's every week....

I was just complaining about how much conditioner I go through now...I will be pickin some up this week

Is it a thicker conditioner or thinner

I just came from costco I got two for 6.99. yeah yeah I know could not resist. about to co wash in 1 hour:grin: will report back.

Last edited:
We were just in Costco last Sunday and saw this....on the same side of the aisle as the Nexxus.

The ingredients look good too - and I think the quaternium makes it a deep conditioner: Purified Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Stearalkonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis (Golden Seal) Extract, Algae Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Protein, Polyquaternium-37, Fragrance, Decyl Oleate, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Deep Penetrating Conditioners
There are two main types of deep or penetrating conditioners; moisture and protein.

Protein based conditioners are designed to increase the diameter of the hair with a coating action. This will strengthen the hair and add body.

Hair that is severely damaged will need a concentrated protein conditioner. These conditioners are designed to pass through the cuticle, penetrate the cortex and replace keratin lost during chemical services. They are designed to equalize porosity, increase elasticity and improve overall appearance. Because the hair is filled with new keratin, it will feel hard after use and should be followed with a moisturizing conditioner to soften and lubricate the hair shaft. Concentrated protein are NOT recommended for use after a chemical treatment like a relaxer, color or perm. These conditioners will disrupt the desired rearrangement of protein bonds formed by these chemical services.

In addition, to protein based conditioners, there are moisturizing deep penetrating conditioners. These conditioners contain humectants that attract moisture and are absorbed into the hair cortex. The difference between instant and deep moisturizing conditioner is that deep treatments contain a quaternary ammonium component included in the chemical formulation of moisturizers so they are able to attach themselves to the hair fiber and provide longer lasting moisture.

Thanks for that info. I've been searching for a new deep conditioner because Elasta QP DPR-11 just isn't cutting it. I think I'll try it as a deep conditioner as well during wash day.

I think I might try this. The price is right and I have been looking for a deep conditioner that I can afford.

my mom called me this am said she was going to costco & if I wanted anything else besides grapefruit....i said ummm yah...as a matter of fact what time are you going....i'm going with you, I need to pick up some conditioner!

so i'm pickin this up today & then i'll be done for the year purchasing hair products.....i already made purchases on hairveda & shescentit yesterday.

i'm definitely done...on to a use it up challenge now! LOL!

ok so ummm i went and purchased the product.....
tired it and didn't like it....
it tangled my hair....
i used another conditioner...slept in it over night...
washed out this morning....more tangles...UGH!!!
so I decided to start over and use CON=tangle free....

SO I decided to try this conditioner again and more tangles....I'm not sure why...

So I haven't given up yet...i'll try one more time otherwise I'm selling...BOTH bottles
I guess that's what I get for jumping on bandwagons....

Back