Kinky Girl's Favorite Weather?? WINTER!!!

kassieme

How many of your naturals are excited for winter? I know I am! I cannot WAIT to get my hair straightened AND trimmed!!! What is your best straightening regimen?

I'm not natural......yet, but my favorite season is and always was WINTER, my hair is less frizzy, and like you, I get to straighten (even though I only straighten it for 2 weeks ou of the whole season)

i love winter!!!!!!! my hair gets to frizzy in the summer. it gets so hot in Texas. i don't straighten my hair though. i'm afraid i'll burn it LOL. does it cost a lot to let a beautician do it? i've been natural for 10 years and i haven't gotten it straightened since i was growin' my relaxer out.

my hair holds on to moisture better in the winter. and now that i know how to get week long hair without having to protective style, im good lol.

I love winter because my flat iron stays longer. I tend to do more bunning and protective styles in the winter and more twistouts, braidouts, and wash n go's in the summer and I find that my hair retains the length better in the winter with the bunning.

i love winter!!!!!!! my hair gets to frizzy in the summer. it gets so hot in Texas. i don't straighten my hair though. i'm afraid i'll burn it LOL. does it cost a lot to let a beautician do it? i've been natural for 10 years and i haven't gotten it straightened since i was growin' my relaxer out.

:naughty: I wouldn't do that if I were you. You're scared you will burn it..ha! Those stylists will fry your hair permanently straight. Watch some youtube tutorials and straighten it yourself with a good heat protectant and at a reasonable temp.

I'm not sure. Less shrinkage is nice though. I feel like I blowdry more and in turn get breakage because I need to up protein, then I overdo protein and end up cutting from damage.

I think since I just identified my problem, I should figure out how to prevent this. The good thing is I'm in braids now so I don't have to worry for awhile.

Sent from my LG-LW690 using LG-LW690

I already have straightend mine and do so periodically year round, so the 'thrill is gone' so to speak LOL.

I'm simple, just wash/condition, apply heat protectant, blowdry, then flat iron using 0 addtl products for that blowing in the wind feel.

I just flat ironed my hair myself after i went to this salon and the lady said 50 DOLLARS?!?!? What the....NO MAAM so I flatironed that bad boy myself. Its still poofy not silky like the lady at the 5 dollar haircut place did it..she only charged me 20 and it took her 90 minutes!!!! I miss FL

How many of your naturals are excited for winter? I know I am! I cannot WAIT to get my hair straightened AND trimmed!!! What is your best straightening regimen?

My Straightening Regimen

Prepoo & detangle w/ EVOO
Shampoo w/ Aussie Moist Poo (rinse in sink)
Towel dry
Use Clear Cellophane/Black Rinse
Sit under dryer (20 min, rinse in shower)
Condition w/ Aussie 3 Min & Roux Porosity (rinse in shower)
Add a tiny amount of Suave Coconut then a little Elasta Foam to dripping wet hair
Spritz with diluted Lottabody and Elasta Thermal Spray as I go along
Rollerset from back to front
Sit under dryer (30 min) then airdry overnight
Rub in a small amount of ORS Serum then flatiron in sections (330°F-front & back, 350°F-crown)
When hair get old, use Carusos to refresh

This thread may be useful to you:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=558027

Back