KIMMAYTUBE'S Leave-In Conditioner gone wrong!!

Mandy4610

Arggg, I tried this receipe, but my mixture turn out very very watery. What gives? I used Giovanni Direct leave-in, Castor oil, Jojoba oil and Aloe Vera Juice. Could it be because I didnt use the exact same Aloe Vera Juice, cause mines says "Inner Fillet" instead of "Whole Leaf", does that make a difference or is it because of the Giovanni Direct Leave-In? Help Please.

Here is the link to the recipe for those who dont know what I am talking about.

I think I remember her saying to use the whole leaf aloe vera juice, but maybe consistency doesn't matter. Have you tried it on your hair yet?

I use the leave in with Giovanni also. It is slightly watery. Check to be sure you used the correct amounts. If that checks out, then it is fine. It may be slightly watery, yet still very moisturizing.

I made it using giovanni direct also and it did not come out watery, but I used the whole leaf aloe vera juice.

I think I remember her saying to use the whole leaf aloe vera juice, but maybe consistency doesn't matter. Have you tried it on your hair yet?
I have not tried it yet. I will shortly. Hopefully I wont be posting a My hair is a tangled mess Thread after this.

I use the leave in with Giovanni also. It is slightly watery. Check to be sure you used the correct amounts. If that checks out, then it is fine. It may be slightly watery, yet still very moisturizing.
Mine is not slightly watery, it is very watery.

so she's not the end-all-be-all of haircare, huh?
:lachen: I dont know, I think she is right up there!

Maybe you should add more leave in conditioner. The brand of aloe vera shouldn't matter because it is a water like liquid anyhow. The leave in conditioner is what gives it a thicker consistency.

^^ I think Imma do that. Sholdnt hurt. I was just hoping to have the real deal with the correct measurements so that I can judge it correctly.

Seeing as how she uses Kinky Curly Knot Today, I don't think she can really be accountable for it not being perfect with the Giovanni. :ohwell:

I think the most important thing is ensure that when/if u add more condish to the mix that u still have the correct pH.

b/c I ran into a similar issue, but when I added more condish and tested again, I hadda add back more aloe juice to get the pH right.

I used it with a thick leave-in (Sunsilk Hydra TLC). It's pretty thick, creamy and very moisturizing for me. My aloe vera juice is the Walgreens brand. Though it's organic it's not whole leaf from what I can see. Sounds like you might need a thicker leave-in.

I just made this today (haven't tried it yet). I was sure it was gonna come out much runnier than I'd like because of all the aloe vera juice but it's not bad at all. I used everything she called for but sub'd the jojoba with evoo.

That is actually interesting about the pH and lifted cuticles. I do have all these ingredients. I might give this a try, but substitute something for castor oil--I hate the smell. EV coconut oil, maybe.

Kimmay uses Kinky Curly Knot Today in her concoction so bc you used a diff conditioner, you might get different results/consistencies. Maybe try a thicker/creamier conditioner. Or try the mix you made. It may be runny but it still may give the same effects.

I used "inner fillet" aloe vera juice but all my ingredients were the same as hers, and the consistency was exactly the same as well. If you are using a more "watery" leave in as a base that will change the consistency of your end product.

The leave in should be as creamy as Knot Today, if you want the same thickness. HTH

If it's the consistency you are not pleased with, I agree with others that it may be your conditioner, not the aloe vera juice. I use her recipe with Shescentit's CoCo Cream Leave-In as my creamy base, organic aloe vera juice (from vitacost.com), castor oil, and jojoba oil in the same measurements she suggests. It is by far the BEST leave-in I've tried on my hair.

A tip she mentions on her video: If you let it sit for a few minutes, it will thicken up. I mix my leave-in before I go in the shower to cowash. By the time I get out, the mixture is thicker.

HTH

I used the Giovanni also and mine was watery also.
I added more but it was still watery.
It works amazing though. I have also been using it as a moisturizer for my ends as part of the Cathy Howse challenge.

Do you guys know if this mixture has to be refrigerated? I'm assuming so because of the aloe juice. I stuck mine in there just in case.

If you used different ingredients, don't expect it to look like how hers does. Giovanni direct vs knot today is different texture wise.

I love this leave in..I got the inner leaf on accident and when its gone will be using the whole leaf as directed..I think using a creamy leave will do the trick..I will be subing the knot today for he ltr since Im not working and cant do 12.00 a bottle

I tried it using care free curl as the base... ugh my hair was a tangled mess.
Dont think my hair is too crazy about cfc anyways but this made it worse.
I think I'll stick with protective mist bodifier and keeping it cold since that closes cuticles as well.

Back