KIMMAYTUBE'S Leave-In Conditioner gone wrong!!

:lol: Most are substituting like 75% of the ingredients yet are still calling their concoctions kimmay's conditioner. Folks have been using aloe vera juice and gel in their hair on and off of youtube for years. It's not that ground breaking. Every moisturizing commercial product that I have in my cabinets contain aloe vera juice and glycerin actually.

:lol: Most are substituting like 75% of the ingredients yet are still calling their concoctions kimmay's conditioner. Folks have been using aloe vera juice and gel in their hair on and off of youtube for years. It's not that ground breaking. Every moisturizing commercial product that I have in my cabinets contain aloe vera juice and glycerin actually.
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

i like you... alot

So I made this leave-in with the exact same ingredients that she used, except I used JBCO and now I think that the one I made using Giovanni made my hair softer. Oh well, they are both good whether I use KCKT or GD.

Are you all using aloe vera juice or aloe vera gel?
Anyone used this on relaxed hair? ETA: I would have asked/posted this for Kimmay but she seems VERY opposed to questions based on her vids.:grin::yep:
Where is GD leave-in sold? I've seen the GD poo/condish never the leave-in.

Last edited:
She seems to me to be a bit cranky. I mean, some ppl appreciate her straight forwardness but she gets snappy when ppl ask her to demonstrate regimens and products she uses and what not. Like she is in over head a little bit. She gives good info on ph balance but that's all I find informative. I like to read some I have read some of the same books she has and Im aware of the same exact information. I find it perplexing that ppl go crazy about her. I mean she is informative and articulate but there are many women, lots of them made BSL in two years or less, that are on youtube and with just as much info.

:perplexed

I know what you all mean when you say this, and I'm not captain save a youtuber, but until you make youtube videos, you will NEVER know what she goes through. People are evil, cruel, nosy and LAZY! They watch the entire video and ask you things you told them in the video. It gets exhausting. Now imagine having 10K subscribers and 400 of them emailing you and IMing you constantly. Imagine people getting nasty with you because you have a life outside of Youtube. It happens, ask Traycee.

The people that are nice and caring make up for the awful people, but it can take it's toll on you and you will no longer want to play nice. You can either ignore it or address it. I think she does a little of both.

I think she's popular because her videos are professional, she's actually very nice, she puts a lot of work in her videos and she doesn't seem like one that will try to sabotage you. (Yes, there some ig'NANT chicks out there making videos trying to make you sistas bald, trust me.)

It takes HOURS (like a work day) to edit one video. It can get equally frustrating to take all that time to make a video only to have people talk to you sideways or tell you about yourself. I don't mean going off, I mean people actually psychoanalyzing you through a haircare video. It's insane sometimes.

i apologize for being so darn silly!:lachen::lachen::lachen: don't know why i keep coming in this thread.... i literally almost fell of the bed, you're killing me softly :lachen::lachen:

can't beat lhcf

Last edited:
Mines wasn't watery at all. I used the Giovanni too w/ whole leaf. I've used the same brand of aloe vera juice that she used and the GNC brand whole leaf aloe vera juice....its quite thick actually. It was hard for me to get it to thin out. My arms where tired of stirring.

Are you all using aloe vera juice or aloe vera gel?
Anyone used this on relaxed hair? ETA: I would have asked/posted this for Kimmay but she seems VERY opposed to questions based on her vids.:grin::yep:
Where is GD leave-in sold? I've seen the GD poo/condish never the leave-in.

I'm using Aloe Vera Gel with GD leave-in, and it's the same consistency as a creamy leave-in in a jar. I use this on my hair, which is about 3/4 relaxed and 1/4 texlaxed. Both parts like it. :yep:

I'm using Aloe Vera Gel with GD leave-in, and it's the same consistency as a creamy leave-in in a jar. I use this on my hair, which is about 3/4 relaxed and 1/4 texlaxed. Both parts like it. :yep:
Thx. I found the GD at Target.

Ladies, what castor did you use? Laxative or cold pressed. I have laxative and Jamaican Black in my stash.

Is there a good substitute to jojoba? The nearest whole foods is about an hour away is why I ask.

I'm on my cell and it's hard navigating the website so forgive me if this was asked previously.

Thx. I found the GD at Target.

Ladies, what castor did you use? Laxative or cold pressed. I have laxative and Jamaican Black in my stash.

Is there a good substitute to jojoba? The nearest whole foods is about an hour away is why I ask.

I'm on my cell and it's hard navigating the website so forgive me if this was asked previously.

I use cold pressed and it works well. I'm sure the JBCO would be fine too, though. It was either on her video or in here, but I've heard someone mention that the jojoba oil can be substituted for another "lighter" oil. You may want to try grapeseed oil.

I use cold pressed and it works well. I'm sure the JBCO would be fine too, though. It was either on her video or in here, but I've heard someone mention that the jojoba oil can be substituted for another "lighter" oil. You may want to try grapeseed oil.
I had grapeseed on hand but convinced the hubs to take me to whole foods (1 hr drive one way) to get jojoba. I will use the jbco instead of cold pressed castor. I also located KCKT and GD at Target. I will use the KCKT 1st to see how that turns out and will use the GD in the mixture at a later time and compare the difference. I will ETA the post after using this mixture with KCKT tomorrow.

I asked this earlier but didn't get a response -- does the mixture moisturize/seal all in one process or do you use it for moisture and seal with something else or do you moisturize with something else and use the mixture for sealing. Hope I didn't confuse you.

I had grapeseed on hand but convinced the hubs to take me to whole foods (1 hr drive one way) to get jojoba. I will use the jbco instead of cold pressed castor. I also located KCKT and GD at Target. I will use the KCKT 1st to see how that turns out and will use the GD in the mixture at a later time and compare the difference. I will ETA the post after using this mixture with KCKT tomorrow.

I asked this earlier but didn't get a response -- does the mixture moisturize/seal all in one process or do you use it for moisture and seal with something else or do you moisturize with something else and use the mixture for sealing. Hope I didn't confuse you.
It moisturizes and seals.

I use the JBCO and I can't stand the smell either so the HS 14n1 masks that smell. I will unveil my hair tomorrow to see if it is as luscious (again) as I anticipate. Oh yes, I refrigerate mine as well since I refrigerate my Aloe juice.

So I made this leave-in with the exact same ingredients that she used, except I used JBCO and now I think that the one I made using Giovanni made my hair softer. Oh well, they are both good whether I use KCKT or GD.
Lady/Mandy:
Do you find that your mixture is VERY thick with using jbco? My mixture looks like kimmay's but seems a tad bit thicker. Not sure if that's good/bad.

Thx sis...how often do you use this? Poo/cowash days only or throughout the week to m&s?
I use it to moisturize everyday, and as I am wet bunning for the next few weeks I put it in a spray bottle (since mine is watery) and rewet my bun that way.

I think Kim just uses it on wash days.

i do the leave in with Aloe Vera GEL and the Giovanni Direct and everytime I do it, it comes out very creamy. Did u try to continue mixing it?

On a side note, U know what i think is funny? How SO many ppl don't like her method and so many ppl r hating on others who use it! If u don't like her or her method then do u!
But don't hate on me for using it! Whats the point in ppl coming in a thread that has to do with a kimmaytube leave in to say Her method is silly, she's rude, its nothing new. Ok then do u and keep it moving! As for me, i'll be a reading and a using my leave in!

Happy Hair chronicles!

On a side note, U know what i think is funny? How SO many ppl don't like her method and so many ppl r hating on others who use it! If u don't like her or her method then do u!
But don't hate on me for using it! Whats the point in ppl coming in a thread that has to do with a kimmaytube leave in to say Her method is silly, she's rude, its nothing new. Ok then do u and keep it moving! As for me, i'll be a reading and a using my leave in!

Happy Hair chronicles!
completely agree

Last edited:
Tonight was the first time using this mixture and I feel that I've done something incorrect. I mixed the recipe with KCKT, jbco, jojoba & aloe very whole leaf juice. My hair feels coated and rough in some areas and my hair is very oily. Did I use too much product? Or, could it be the jbco throwing off the mixture? I used the entire mixture on my beyond SL hair and applied it in sections like a relaxer. Can you apply heat to your hair after using this? (not sure if aloe vera juice is heat tolerant). SN: I only have aquarium ph strips and the lowest reading on those strips are 6.0. I tested my mixture and it was definitely lower than 6.0, but I don't know what the exact ph is/was so I'm uncertain if the ph is causing this issue.

The only thing was that my hair had a little excess oil.
I will scale back on the oil next time.

....its quite thick actually. It was hard for me to get it to thin out. My arms where tired of stirring.
My mixture was very thick. It got very thick, very quickly and I was concerned I did something wrong so I whipped up another batch and yielded the same consistency. I made my mixture with her recipe as written with the exception that I used jbco instead of castor. Perhaps this is the reason for the overly thick mixture.

I think you applied way too much, divachyk, if you say you applied it in sections like a relaxer. Just separate your hair into 3 or 4 sections and put a nickel-sized amount on each section. I also cut my oil down to 1tsp, as I heard a few people say it was too oily. You did use it on t-shirt dried hair, right?

Kim says her mixture lasts her maybe two uses....I get quite a few out of mine, maybe 4 or 5. Then again, I have fine hair. My hair is between APL and BSL.

I think you applied way too much, divachyk, if you say you applied it in sections like a relaxer. Just separate your hair into 3 or 4 sections and put a nickel-sized amount on each section. I also cut my oil down to 1tsp, as I heard a few people say it was too oily. You did use it on t-shirt dried hair, right?

Kim says her mixture lasts her maybe two uses....I get quite a few out of mine, maybe 4 or 5. Then again, I have fine hair. My hair is between APL and BSL.
Oh shoot -- I'm queen of too much prod! :drunk: I always seem to overdo it. I'm not sure how to rate my hair, as I'm still learning but I'd say it's thick and coarse in most areas. Btw, I finger combed the hair and it softened up tremendously and it feels very nice to the touch and my ends are not bushy as they usually are when air drying. The only downside is the oil buildup in my hair. I will modify the oil on next try.

Yes, I tshirt dried for about 20mins (normally I do 10mins but got distracted). 20mins might have been too long because my hair was already about 85-90% dry when I took the tshirt off. It was difficult applying the mixture with my hair that dry. The mixture was kind of sitting on top of my hair at first but it finally soaked in after I kept caressing the strands and rubbing the mixture in. For some reason, my hair dries very quickly when no prod is in it...once I apply prod, it takes forever to dry -- probably porosity.

ETA: Last night my hair was so oily that my hands had oil residue on it from just lightly touching my hair. I braided my hair up, tied it up with a silk scarf and went to bed. This morning, the oil absorbed in my hair really well and my ends are not bushy and the hair is very soft (although still a tad bit damp). I've never air dried this good before.

Last edited:
Lady/Mandy:
Do you find that your mixture is VERY thick with using jbco? My mixture looks like kimmay's but seems a tad bit thicker. Not sure if that's good/bad.
Hey, no, my mixture does not seem too thick, I think it is closer to Kimmay's mixture this time around, I dont think it is as thick/creamy as hers though and it didnt seem to be as moisturizing as my first batch, I will make another batch and just play around with the ingredients, I dont think you can go wrong with this recipe. I think the only mistake anyone can make is using too much oil, which would make it too oily, otherwise, its all good.

i do the leave in with Aloe Vera GEL and the Giovanni Direct and everytime I do it, it comes out very creamy. Did u try to continue mixing it?
Yep, I did, put still got the same results. I like it though.

I tried this recipe and my hair came out extremely soft. I wonder if it would provide added moisture to my KCCC WNG or would my hair suffer from an Aloe overdose.

I have used this recipe successfully every week for at least a month or longer. (I LOVE IT)!. I use JBCO and EVCO, I accidently bought the AV Juice that is inner fillet (oops) and I add a couple of other items but the pH is still 4.5.

I normally flat twist my hair so I apply it to each section I twist. I put it on wet hair (no t-shirt or towel drying). I can usually get 1.5 uses out of 1 batch so I double the mixture to get more applications. My hair tends to be a little oily but I don't really mind - in addition - the strands seem to be soo soo soo smooth almost silky in most places! I think I will use JBCO and Shikaikai oil next time.

I never considered applying it more than once in between shampoos. I start spraying other stuff on it though and the texture of my coils seems to change - get frizzy, dry and stuff. Gonna have to find a pH balanced formula for a daily moisturizer!

Last edited:
man oh man am i slow. i made the "recipe" and it left my hair greasy. it was soft but greasy. so i thought it was because my hair is so fine. yeah well reading is fundamental. i used tablespoons instead of teaspoons. but err um that kinky curly isnt super cheap so i'm gonna go ahead and use this up and make a second attempt.

For the ladies using Giovanni Direct...

Whole Foods has it on sale for $5.99 this week. I passed right over the KCKT and picked up this instead.

I would guess that adding water (assuming your water is a neutral PH) would make this recipe suitable for a daily spray.

I have used this recipe successfully every week for at least a month or longer. (I LOVE IT)!. I use JBCO and EVCO, I accidently bought the AV Juice that is inner fillet (oops) and I add a couple of other items but the pH is still 4.5.

I normally flat twist my hair so I apply it to each section I twist. I put it on wet hair (no t-shirt or towel drying). I can usually get 1.5 uses out of 1 batch so I double the mixture to get more applications. My hair tends to be a little oily but I don't really mind - in addition - the strands seem to be soo soo soo smooth almost silky in most places! I think I will use JBCO and Shikaikai oil next time.

I never considered applying it more than once in between shampoos. I start spraying other stuff on it though and the texture of my coils seems to change - get frizzy, dry and stuff. Gonna have to find a pH balanced formula for a daily moisturizer!

Back