Kimmaytube: The only youtuber I can stomach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

softblackcotton

Kim Love a.k.a Kimmaytube.

I discovered her last night. I know I'm late, but gosh her videos are so INTERESTING, INFORMATIVE, and Best of All NONE BORING! I could actually stomach watching her videos in their entirety without getting bored with someone just talking in front of the camera like the others who put me to :sleep8:. Her videos are very professional and extremely well done, it's like watching a show almost. I love her scientific method of research. She actually backs up her hair regimen with hard-core facts and breaks it down in laymen terms. She can have a tone of arrogance at times, but that's alright with me because she comes correct with her info! Wish I had found her earlier! :yep:

You did absolutely nothing wrong except consume the Kimmaytube flavoured kool aid, :perplexed don't worry you're not the only one :ohwell: this might not end well.

Last edited:
I love KimmayTube too... when I feel like being talked down to like a five year old child. But hey, we all have our opinions. :rolleyes:

diddly+sofa.jpg

Not Kimmay!

Kim Love a.k.a Kimmaytube.

I discovered her last night. I know I'm late, but gosh her videos are so INTERESTING, INFORMATIVE, and Best of All NONE BORING! I could actually stomach watching her videos in their entirety without getting bored with someone just talking in front of the camera like the others who put me to :sleep8:. Her videos are very professional and extremely well done, it's like watching a show almost. I love her scientific method of research. She actually backs up her hair regimen with hard-core facts and breaks it down in laymen terms. She can have a tone of arrogance at times, but that's alright with me because she comes correct with her info! Wish I had found her earlier! :yep:

Kimmay....is that you?:look:

I agree that her videos are very professionally done - but keep in mind that most youtubers are making videos just to help/inform other women & may not have the same resources that she has. Kimmay has a large home to use as a studio, a $1000 camera, professional editing software, and time to spare because her job is flexible.

Also, her "research" is based on the work of Cathy Howse, Chicoro, and Lorraine Massey. Her "leave-in" is based on the product invention/research of Shelley Davis. I think she really does want to help women grow their hair long (her hair is beautiful), but she's also motivated to sell products. *Luv Naturals*

In just waiting for somebody to bust out with the popcorn...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Ok?! I know OP has seen at least one or 2 kimmay threads. At least! :lol:

No, I am not Kimmaytube! :lol: I haven't read any threads about her on her AT ALL. I clicked a link from "Black girl long hair" blog and found out about her. They love her on there! From the responses so far, I can see that the opinion of her on LHCF is not 100% great! :rolleyes: However, I think she is really good at what she is doing. :yep:

I don't feel like I'm being talked down to, I just feel she is trying to inform the general public of natural-haired or newly natural women who may not have a science background or know about LHCF/BHM/Nappturality/KISS/ Cicaro Books/etc. I do have a very strong science background, but I enjoyed her visual presentations all the same.

What meant to say that she is the only youtuber I can stomach...so far. I haven't watched 1000's of youtube natural hair videos to compare. Just a 100 or so. Everyone else that I have seen so far either mimics, reviews, shows trail/error results, etc. She does this too, but no other youtuber uses science or has videos with a professional quality like Kimmaytube. She is trying to standout from the crowd of natural hair informants on youtube. I can respect her for that.

She is trying to standout from the crowd of natural hair informants on youtube. I can respect her for that.

The thing with her is. She's not a natural hair informant.
She's a saleswoman.

I will never knock her hustle.
But I guess I don't put her in the same category as the "just like you and me" vloggers who are trying to help and inform women on youtube.

Most of us don't have anything to sell, just information and inspiration to give.

Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I've caught some YouTube videos and websites, but I only really go to two (longhairdontcare[2011] and... I think it's Whimsy's site that I go to. I'm 82.7% sure, though it took me a minute).

I've never caught kimmaytube or seen any threads on her before now, negative or otherwise. I must not be frequenting the forum enough. But I always appreciate the scientific breakdown of pretty much everything. It's part of why I love the forum. Whether it's science, history, law, or geography someone knows what they're talking about. Even when we don't all agree. :o)

Well, I listen to talk radio a lot. WOR710 specifically. My favorite
show hosts are Dr. Ronald Hoffman, Warren Eckstine of the Pet Show
(I don't even own or intend to own a pet, just love his personality),
Dottie from Prudential Douglas Elliman and the crew on her real estate
show on Saturday mornings, Dr. Fred Vagnini, Dr. Gitomer of the Willner
Window, ... hmmm ... there's more but don't wanna be any more boring.

All of them are selling SOMEthing but they're also giving valuable information
to the listeners.

Just like Kim does.

And just as many love and listen to the radio hosts I listed above,
there are many who don't. No biggie. different strokes for different
folks.

I like Kim too.

LOL, at Charz's comment and the HUGE pic with Youtube channel as a siggy! hahahahahahahaha

(This might shape up to be an interesting Saturday after all. Gonna get a cuppa )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back