Keratin Treatment Support Thread

I don't really see how consensus can change about DH with Fab's hair thriving and, at least, 2 other heads she's taking care of doing so well? Not to even mention Natural Glow's results and DH was Cutenss fave until Ana (from DH) started acting truly stupid.

For me, I backed away from DH because of their biz practices; truly turned me off. That's when it seemed that suddenly no one liked their product, either. It's like they were actin a fool and suddenly people were like, "well it ain't really all that, anyway..." ya know?

My hair behaves well with DH, it just makes my hair too straight for me at this point in my journey. I have enough of my sample to do another treatment, and I'll definitely use it. I have 3 or 4 more Global treatments, also; so that should take me into next year, I guess. After that, I'll decide what to use next.

Hey, Dak, I'd love to take that sample off you if you choose not to use it?

I know there's always positive and negative reviews, but I'd rather roll the dice with QOD based on what I've read.

I know there's always positive and negative reviews, but I'd rather roll the dice with QOD based on what I've read.

I think that's a good choice. I was loving DH but it was the only BKT that I had used. Even after their shady business practices I was freaking out because I thought I'd never find anything better than this! I tried QOD Gold and that's when I really saw that DH wasn't really all that (for me at least). IDK, QOD just feels like a more "sturdy" product on my hair. I did another wash last night and am still VERY pleased with the results so far. I used DH about 3 or 4 times so I figure if QOD is still doing me right after treatment # 4 then it's a solid product, if not on to Global.

Anybody BKTing monthly?

I'm doing it about every 6 weeks. As a matter of fact, I just did it yesterday with DH (I still have some, so I figure I might as well use it), but I think it had been 8 week since the last one. So far, so good

*sigh* still waitin on my izunami & qod to come in the mail. they're in "shipped" status so far. where you at mailman??:clubu: lol

oh, another teaser...i think i might finally be bsl

Any reviews on Encanto?

Check out the BKT thread on BHM it's pretty big and the ladies are using a bunch of different brands including Encanto. Also there are more QOD reviews.

Don't know if I'm allowed to post the link to other hair boards so you can do a google search.

Ok, so I got impatient and had to BKT something, lol. I'm currently in an install, but I left my edges out

I did one side with Marcia Teixeira Chocolate and the other side with Global 4%. Both sides came out so soft and swangy! I didn't take pics because there isn't really much to see. Both sides are amazing, much better than when I did QOD Max, but the Marcia side is slightly softer/silkier.

My hair was silky smooth from the blowdry (medium heat). I will be doing my full head when I take down my intall. I'm going to do the same, half and half and will be sure to post before and after pics of each side. Install is coming out in about 2 weeks.

also, I used my Miniglide to get my roots, and used my H2Pro 204le on 450 degrees for the length. I did about 4-5 quick passes.

I'm thinking about doing another BKT, I have a sample of Dreamhair, Accai, but didn't opinion change about DH? What's the final consensus? I was very happy with QOD, though I didn't use high heat with it. My second treatment was with Softliss, where I did use the higher temp. Didn't like the results as much, I preferred a little more "life" in my hair.

So should I go ahead and use the DH, or order more QOD?
Shoot I would use that DH. I have like 3 applications left of DH and I plan on using them up. Just cause folks at DH done lost their minds, doesn't mean the product isn't still good.

Now after I use what I have, I don't know. I can't remember the one people were saying was comparable to DH...Ok maybe? I don't know but I may try that. Hopefully by that time every company doesn't require you to have a license to purchase.

Shoot I would use that DH. I have like 3 applications left of DH and I plan on using them up. Just cause folks at DH done lost their minds, doesn't mean the product isn't still good.

Now after I use what I have, I don't know. I can't remember the one people were saying was comparable to DH...Ok maybe? I don't know but I may try that. Hopefully by that time every company doesn't require you to have a license to purchase.

It was OK Keratin...I have the website bookmarked for when I run out of DH and Global. Amazon is also selling a few different brands (can't remember which right now, but I listed a few in the BKT Group page.

Tonight was the first time I straightened my hair since I got the treatment a month ago and I don't care for the results. My hair is dull and not really as full and I just don't like the look. Anyway, I want to strip the treatment because every now and then I do like to have a flat iron and this flat iron isn't the bizness :nono:. I know I will have to use products with sulfrates and sodium choloride in them and I just wanted to know if I can effectively strip the treatment without causing damage to my hair? I'm leaning towards Paul Mitchell moisture shampoo and condish. I would also like to add that I don't have any damage or breakage with the treatment, I just would like my hair to return to it's natural state :).

omg what a long process! i haven't s&d'ed yet though cause i've got errands, so i'll make this review quick (can't wait til i get home!) the pics at the end were rushed also

qod gold: take this review w/ a grain of salt since i haven't done the first wash yet.
it's the consistency of suave coconut con & smells like vanilla wafers w/ whipped cream & bananas:lick: no fumes. i do like how i could see the "shine" of it on my hair to know it was evenly distributed (w/ dh it melted RIGHT in) but it didn't have that "it's working" look to it like dh does.
when i was done applying it, i hated how dry and rough my hair felt! the first wash better be worth it! i had to use some coconut oil/oyin burnt sugar to soften it up and give some kinda shine!

izunami styler flat iron: to be fair, i used my lil bitty babyliss titanium on an area. now there's no difference visually, but the feel? night and day!
izu got my hair straight (and hot!) in 4/5 passes compared to 7/8...9/10 lol. felt smoother, i didn't have to do extra small pieces, and i didn't have to go back over any parts that didn't straigten well. for the resistant area in the middle, it did its best. it did in 7 passes what the babyliss does in 12

even though i put to much oil in :ohwell: it still moves pretty well. there was alot more when it was dry, but that dryness was waaaay too much for me. as far as bein bsl...erm...idk. i think i need to go back to blue(horse) MT cause the pink(pets) version doesn't really work as well.

Attachments

• hair 005.jpg
    hair 005.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 55
  • hair 003.jpg
    hair 003.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 62
omg what a long process! i haven't s&d'ed yet though cause i've got errands, so i'll make this review quick (can't wait til i get home!) the pics at the end were rushed also

qod gold: take this review w/ a grain of salt since i haven't done the first wash yet.
it's the consistency of suave coconut con & smells like vanilla wafers w/ whipped cream & bananas:lick: no fumes. i do like how i could see the "shine" of it on my hair to know it was evenly distributed (w/ dh it melted RIGHT in) but it didn't have that "it's working" look to it like dh does.
when i was done applying it, i hated how dry and rough my hair felt! the first wash better be worth it! i had to use some coconut oil/oyin burnt sugar to soften it up and give some kinda shine!

izunami styler flat iron: to be fair, i used my lil bitty babyliss titanium on an area. now there's no difference visually, but the feel? night and day!
izu got my hair straight (and hot!) in 4/5 passes compared to 7/8...9/10 lol. felt smoother, i didn't have to do extra small pieces, and i didn't have to go back over any parts that didn't straigten well. for the resistant area in the middle, it did its best. it did in 7 passes what the babyliss does in 12

even though i put to much oil in :ohwell: it still moves pretty well. there was alot more when it was dry, but that dryness was waaaay too much for me. as far as bein bsl...erm...idk. i think i need to go back to blue(horse) MT cause the pink(pets) version doesn't really work as well.

Hiya!
I did a few test strands with qod gold and found this too. Was kinda dull looking, and didnt seem to melt into the hair. I then did a test strand on damp hair with a very very tiny amount of qod gold and it came out great. QOD gold is the most concentrated bkt out their, for that reason its very difficult to apply. I recommend if it does not come out great, go over it again in a few weeks, and dilute the solution a bit, do it real thin on damp hair. Try a few test strips to find a good amount.

i guess i need even less of the qodg than dh huh?

Wow, Me-T your hair looks good! I am surprised that QOD gold made your hair feel like that. I have heard when people use too much that their hair can feel sticky or coated but not dry. I wonder why your hair felt that way even after the flat iron, which is when the magic is suppose to happen. One thing about DH is that it is very forgiving as far as how much you apply. You can apply it pretty heavily and still get light results.

Maybe you can just do a test section and play around with the amount you use the next time you are ready to do it and see if that makes it any better. With all the money and work spent on BKT you should not have to feel the need to use oil or any moisturizers before the first wash.

brittanynic16 has a February update. My goodness this video makes me want to take out my weave and start treating my hair with BKT for life. I'm glad she'll be doing videos about maintenance and styling. I asked her to do this! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxN76RoX15o

Wow she is doing great with the BKT! That is what I'm hoping to achieve. So far so good though I have WAY less breakage than I have ever had in my life, so if this keeps up reaching my goal will not be a problem. I can't wait to see my progress after a year of BKT.

Wow she is doing great with the BKT! That is what I'm hoping to achieve. So far so good though I have WAY less breakage than I have ever had in my life, so if this keeps up reaching my goal will not be a problem. I can't wait to see my progress after a year of BKT.

I know! I actually posted a comment on that link (my first-ever Youtube posting) to tell her that she's one of the people who made me feel like getting a BKT was the right thing to do, and that I will never relax again as long as I've got this instead.

Last edited:
Wow, Me-T your hair looks good! I am surprised that QOD gold made your hair feel like that. I have heard when people use too much that their hair can feel sticky or coated but not dry. I wonder why your hair felt that way even after the flat iron, which is when the magic is suppose to happen. One thing about DH is that it is very forgiving as far as how much you apply. You can apply it pretty heavily and still get light results.

Maybe you can just do a test section and play around with the amount you use the next time you are ready to do it and see if that makes it any better. With all the money and work spent on BKT you should not have to feel the need to use oil or any moisturizers before the first wash.

now that i think about it, i think it was because i dried my hair all the way before i applied it.

after i washed, i had my turbie towel on for all of 5 minutes, and it already felt kinda dry. then i sat under my tabletop dryer for another 5 min on high...:look:

Bump, can I get a little feedback please :look:.

Tonight was the first time I straightened my hair since I got the treatment a month ago and I don't care for the results. My hair is dull and not really as full and I just don't like the look. Anyway, I want to strip the treatment because every now and then I do like to have a flat iron and this flat iron isn't the bizness :nono:. I know I will have to use products with sulfrates and sodium choloride in them and I just wanted to know if I can effectively strip the treatment without causing damage to my hair? I'm leaning towards Paul Mitchell moisture shampoo and condish. I would also like to add that I don't have any damage or breakage with the treatment, I just would like my hair to return to it's natural state :).

nisha, i'd probably up my dc's while i'm stripping since you'll be using more sulfates, and (i think) salt takes some protein out of your hair.

this is just my first guess, cause if i were to strip out the bkt, i'd be goin for heavily sulfated clarifying poo's and puttin straight salt into my condishes

me-T is right. I seem to remember reading somewhere about someone putting salt (sea salt I believe) into a DC and letting that sit for a while to strip the BKT. And there's always clarifying shampoo...Just make sure you up your DCs, cowash, and maintain your moisture/protein balance, and you should be alright.

My DH BKT is finally wearing off. It's been almost 2 months to the day and now single strand knots are back with a vengeance! :wallbash: I really like the results I've seen on others who use QOD Gold, so I think I'll try that next.

I think if you want to strip this without damage you will have to use sulfate/sodium chloride poos and give it time. The treatment will eventually strip but you have to give it time. I don't think there is any way to quickly strip it without damage. You just have to be patient.

Back