Keratin Treatment Support Thread

ManeStreet have you washed your hair with shampoo yet? If so do you still have curl in your hair? I am glad to hear you love and that your hair is sleek! :yep:
Dove56 I just noticed this post not sure how I overlooked it. I've washed with sulfate-free shampoo a lot of times since I did the softliss. I washed 8+ times always with sulfate free shampoo. It looks like it's just now starting to wear off. My hair looks curlier when it's wet & it's been more tangly.

It looked slightly looser than my natural curl pattern last time I washed it. But I ended by straightening it so I didn't see it dry curly to know how curly it is but it's definitely curly. Softliss did not make my hair "straight", it just loosened it and made it less prone to frizz & revert.

Last edited:
I just had to come in here and say I LOVE YOUR HAIR! Can you tell me what your process was when you did this treatment? TIA! HPG Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

HairPleezeGrow

Hey. Thanks.

I washed twice with the shampoo that came with the kit. I blow dried it. Someone helped with the application. They applied it with a color application brush. Let it sit 15-20 mins. Then blow dried it & flat ironed it on 400 degrees with two passes. Rinsed with water Then followed with the mask included with the kit.

Just like the directions but limited the # of passes with the flatiron.

All of a sudden I miss my natural curls. I think I'm going to wash out the softliss sometime within the next two weeks. I guessing I will need to wash it 2 or 3 times on a row with a clarifying shampoo to get it out then I will do a hard protein treatment followed by a deep conditioning treatment,

All of a sudden I miss my natural curls. I think I'm going to wash out the softliss sometime within the next two weeks. I guessing I will need to wash it 2 or 3 times on a row with a clarifying shampoo to get it out then I will do a hard protein treatment followed by a deep conditioning treatment,

hey ManeStreet, I appreciate you updating about your treatment as Im thinking of doing one, what was your curl pattern pre-treatment and after treatment if you don't mind me asking.

I think the next time i do a smoothing treatment I am going to rollerset it in as opposed to blowdrying. I am trying to cut back on the heat to at least 1x a month.

Also ManeStreet could we pretty please get a picture of the softliss while its still in. im wondering how much the curl loosened.

AtlantaJJ
If it's the drug store one, don't! It broke my hair terribly.

Thanks for your response abioni I changed my mind, I'm hiding my hair for the winter. I plan to do more research and find a treatment that won't damage my hair. I have Softliss on my list of possible treatments because I think I used it once back in 2009 when I was textlaxed with good results.

Last edited:
Ladies, what BKT have you found to be the easiest to apply? I tried the QOD, while the result was decent, it was very hard to apply. I added milk as recommended but it was flaky and I hard white dust everywhere afterward. I need something that isn't thick and spreads easily yet effective.

Ladies, what BKT have you found to be the easiest to apply? I tried the QOD, while the result was decent, it was very hard to apply. I added milk as recommended but it was flaky and I hard white dust everywhere afterward. I need something that isn't thick and spreads easily yet effective.

abioni I had a difficult time with QOD too. It would be so difficult to do the blow dry step,

I think the next time i do a smoothing treatment I am going to rollerset it in as opposed to blowdrying. I am trying to cut back on the heat to at least 1x a month. Also ManeStreet could we pretty please get a picture of the softliss while its still in. im wondering how much the curl loosened.
Too late. I just attempted to wash it out. I washed 3 times with a clarifying shampoo. When the softliss was in It pretty much looked like 3a/3b. Still curly just looser. It didn't look like a relaxer. Sitting under the dryer now doing aphogee 2 step. It may take a few more washes to get it completely out. Napp

I'm still looking for a high quality and affordable bkt. I see inoar argan oil is pretty cheap on amazon right now but the expiration date is in august of next year and I know I won't be able to use it by then. It would be a waste of money.

Napp, which Inoar Argan Oil product are you referring to? I have never heard of this line before. Is it very good?

Also, which BKT have you found so far that is easy to apply?

I'm still looking for a high quality and affordable bkt. I see inoar argan oil is pretty cheap on amazon right now but the expiration date is in august of next year and I know I won't be able to use it by then. It would be a waste of money.

Napp, which Inoar Argan Oil product are you referring to? I have never heard of this line before. Is it very good?

Also, which BKT have you found so far that is easy to apply?

Inoar has very highly rated bkts. The one I want is from their argan oil line which is formaldehyde free and is safe enough to use without gloves. It also is not as strong as the other bkts from their other collections so I don't have to worry about it making my hair permanently straight. It also looks easy to apply.

The easiest product to apply out of the ones I've tried was the arosci restructuring foam which is technically a smoothing treatment not a bkt. It gave me very nice results but it didn't last as long as a regular bkt. As far as a real bkt I cannot suggest anything at the moment. I am still looking for the right one for me.

I'm halfway through this thread and I'm not sure if my biggest question/concern has been answered yet so I'm going to ask. For the natural ladies am I correct in my understanding/assumption that your hair is straight(er) but you still retain your curls/kinks? After the BKT your hair is straight but if you wanted to rock a WnG you simply wash your hair? And if you wanted the silky straight look I keep reading many have experienced here you can rollerset and/or flat iron?

I'm thinking of doing this because I can never get straight hair when I flat iron (forget about silky LOL). I would lo e to rock a straight look more often without it being an all day event to achieve it. However I still want to wear my hair curly too.

pinkchocolatedaisy --- this is my first post in this thread---but I've been wearing a BKT for a year now and absolutely love it. I started as a 4A/4b and am now a 3C/4A. Before the BKT flat ironing my hair was a "no-go" After I got the BKT my hair becomes pure SILK when flat ironed (by my stylist…not by me) lol. Washing my hair is soooooo much easier too. I rock a wash-in-go two weeks out of the month. I wash, apply butter cream, slick in a bun and that's it! I now love my hair. I hope this helps :-)

pinkchocolatedaisy --- this is my first post in this thread---but I've been wearing a BKT for a year now and absolutely love it. I started as a 4A/4b and am now a 3C/4A. Before the BKT flat ironing my hair was a "no-go" After I got the BKT my hair becomes pure SILK when flat ironed (by my stylist…not by me) lol. Washing my hair is soooooo much easier too. I rock a wash-in-go two weeks out of the month. I wash, apply butter cream, slick in a bun and that's it! I now love my hair. I hope this helps :-)

Look at this post sharifeh! Sounds like what we need.

pinkchocolatedaisy -- I use the Global Keratin brand and go to my stylist to have it done. I haven't had had one done since October of last year---so right now I'm rocking the 'wash-n-go's" My hair loves silicone so I use products with the water soluble silicones to slick my once 'kinks now waves' back.

It isn't cheap though…when I first started it was $200 but she is now charging $150 for the process. It lasts about 3+ months….and gives me the manageability I always wanted without the crazy chemicals…so to me it's worth it.
:clap:

I'm halfway through this thread and I'm not sure if my biggest question/concern has been answered yet so I'm going to ask. For the natural ladies am I correct in my understanding/assumption that your hair is straight(er) but you still retain your curls/kinks? After the BKT your hair is straight but if you wanted to rock a WnG you simply wash your hair? And if you wanted the silky straight look I keep reading many have experienced here you can rollerset and/or flat iron? I'm thinking of doing this because I can never get straight hair when I flat iron (forget about silky LOL). I would lo e to rock a straight look more often without it being an all day event to achieve it. However I still want to wear my hair curly too.
pinkchocolatedaisy This is just from my experience. BKT did not give me straighter hair like a relaxer would. It made my hair less curly, smoother & less prone to revert because of humidity or sweat, etc. I can't make any promises for what it did do to anyone's hair but for my hair I was originally a 3c and with the BKT my hair is 3a/3b & easier to manage not just because of the change in the curl size but because of the properties of the treatment. It's easier to flatiron it & the flatiron lasts longer.

hey
Jace032000. I used to use this brand too but the chemicals really irritated my eyes but the protein was great for me. Do you use the global with or without formaldhyde? The last treatment i did was with the cisteina with argan oil escova progressiva which doesnt have protein and doesnt srength it only smoothes just like the inoar argan oil. But it made my hair too straight and took away all the curls =( Im thinking of trying global again.

ManeStreet, your hair is gorgeous! I see that Amazon is out of the softliss chocolate kit. Can you give any recommendations on where to buy?
ETA...Nvm, I found it on the softliss site.

Last edited:
asking around. is it true that if you have a protein sensitivity that you can't get any kind of BKT, Keratin, Strengthening System Treatment ever?

asking around. is it true that if you have a protein sensitivity that you can't get any kind of BKT, Keratin, Strengthening System Treatment ever?

Not sure what the official answer is but my hair is protein sensitive and I have no problem using the QOD treatment. In fact my hair is thriving now. naija24

Had my Keratin Treatment touchup a couple of weeks ago. Love the way it leaves my hair feeling and looking!

Attachments

• 12210062176_019f904907.jpg
    12210062176_019f904907.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 12209853464_e3ba07cf91.jpg
    12209853464_e3ba07cf91.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 12209451605_101bbb6989.jpg
    12209451605_101bbb6989.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 94
Back