Keratin Treatment Support Thread

I damn near want to put a relaxer/texlax in my hair... getting frustrated with trying to find the right treatment, with trying to keep my hair from changing color etc. I wind up having to color my hair back dark just to keep from having a strange reddish-black color. :wallbash: It gets very frustrating, plus I workout every morning so my treatments don't last as long. Blah.. :drunk: /endrant

I damn near want to put a relaxer/texlax in my hair... getting frustrated with trying to find the right treatment, with trying to keep my hair from changing color etc. I wind up having to color my hair back dark just to keep from having a strange reddish-black color. :wallbash: It gets very frustrating, plus I workout every morning so my treatments don't last as long. Blah.. :drunk: /endrant

I'm doing soft-liss chocolate on Thursday & I'm concerned about my color but we'll see... I colored last week. It said to color first. I am going to try to do before & after pics if I remember.

outspokenwallflower: I never heard of this treatment. So interesting. Do you know what the active ingredient is? What difference did you notice about Agave vrs Keratin? Does it get your hair straight or is there still some wave? My hair is natural right now and I would like to keep my curls but tame it a little. Love to hear how it stands up after your wash. Sorry for the all the questions but inquiring minds want to know. :yep:

Kitamita I wanna guess and say the active ingredient is Keratin Amino Acids? I have to look at the box, but I'm looking at the ingredient list (on the little pamphlet) and that is the 3rd ingredient.

As for this treatment vs Keratin, I've never had a keratin treatment. Only the DE Transitioning Mousse (amino acid based) and this; the DE was easier to apply/use but I like the results (in terms of feel of my hair when wet/air dried and blow dried straight) better than the DE treatment.

I'm mostly relaxed with some new growth; I just wanted something that will help me stretch relaxers. I will say for the new growth portion of my hair, it has mildly relaxed the curl and has kept frizz at bay; my hair, even though relaxed, still dries to a poofy frizzy mess; this allowed my hair to dry with practically no frizz and it felt SO soft. I could honestly feel a difference. I imagine it would be lovely in naturally curly hair.

One of the popular BSS in my area sells various types of keratin treatments (rejuvenol, gk hair, brasiliana, etc) I dont know the cost, but I know this is dangerous for me... Now that I know there's easy access, I will be delving deeper into the world of keratin treatments.

I did the softliss chocolate last night & I love it. It came out great. My doesn't feel coated. I'm going to do a wash & go with it in about two weeks. Its flatironed right now.

I was too close to relaxing, so I forced myself to do a treatment to keep myself from relaxing. I did the MT chocolate, used less product this time and got LOVELY results. I'm going to sell the DE transitioning mousse, only used once, PM if interested. It's just not for me, it didnt give me the results Im looking for.

Hopefully this MT will last a bit longer and I wont have to decide on relaxing for a couple months LOL. Im going to let it marinate for a week, will stretch it to two if I can.

I would love a bkt right now but times are tough! I was thinking of trying the true keratin brand. The mandarin ersion is specifically made for keeping the curls but making them silkier. I think i might try that one once i have some extra cash

OK here's my pic from after my sofliss treatment. I have on a big baggy ole T-shirt. I'm actually a little passed WL but the shirt situation makes it look weird.

Just in case anyone is wondering....
Yes my hair is colored, no its not bleached.

Attachments

• IMG_20131019_135737.jpg
    IMG_20131019_135737.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 181
OK here's my pic from after my sofliss treatment. I have on a big baggy ole T-shirt. I'm actually a little passed WL but the shirt situation makes it look weird.

ManeStreet

I love your hair:yep: I forgot how awesome Softliss was. Gawd I miss WL hair

I used in 2009 but I think my hair was texlaxed then I so don't know how it would've impacted my curl pattern. My hair is colored too now, not bleached, and it's mostly natural so I am anxious to see your curl pattern! :yep:

So updates are I'm loving this treatment so much because my hair is just as straight and full of body as when I got it flatironed last week. I've had outings and nights of sleep where normally my hair would have poofed and its maintained the same sleekness. I moisturize my ends every day with a small pump of creamy moisturizer followed by a bit of argan oil.

ManeStreet I would like to see the results too.

I am currently looking at trying novex nutrilizz but it is so expensive. I love the other products in the line so I'm hoping that this would be complimentary to them. I would get it done in a salon if i could.

I just saw the MT soft chocolate on ebay for $400 /32oz.
Are you guys buying on ebay?

I have mbl 4a/b natural hair. How much treatment would I need to purchase?

I've been reading some reviews on the Organix Hair - Brazilian Keratin Therapy 30 day Treatment... this looks interesting. Might give it a try over the Thanksgiving holiday...

I'm thinking of getting a keratin treatment, but the salon I like charges $350. Do you have any suggestions for an at home option that would keep my hair straight for 6+ weeks? I'm currently relaxed, but I have about an inch of new growth.

Still loving Soft-liss. It is absolutely wonderful. I'm doing my first wash & go since I had it. My hair isn't fully dry yet. I'm guessing it will dry with 3b curls. I like that the curl pattern is uniform all over even though my hair naturally is not uniform.

ManeStreet Does this make your hair straight? I just want to reduce frizz and elongate my curls. Tia

It took my hair from a 3c to about a 3b/3a. Its supposed to revert at about 12-16 however I've only had mine for about 8 weeks so I can't verify that yet.

There's alot of posts on softliss. You may want to search those.

I just had to come in here and say I LOVE YOUR HAIR! Can you tell me what your process was when you did this treatment? TIA!

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Anyone applying their treatment more often than every 3-5 months? I think I may just try it to restabilize my hair after coloring. I've got this genetic premature graying going on at my hair line that's not cute. At first I was using semi-perm color but its obvious permanent color is needed every 2 months. So this weekend I'll color and will do another QOD Max Organiq treatment in two weeks. According to their site it's safe, I'll just stick to the lower heat setting.

Back